Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Drastically Increasing iPad Production

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Drastically Increasing iPad Production

While many of us would have preferred to see the "iPad" in the above headline replaced with "iPhone 4," it appears the days of iPad supply shortages are now behind us. While demand remains incredibly strong for the Apple tablet, supply is finally catching up with the swelling masses still wanting (or hoping) to purchase the device in the coming days or weeks.

DigiTimes is reporting that Apple is mess-producing the iPad and, based on purchase orders with parts suppliers for the company, better than two million iPads could be rolled out in the month of July alone. The move comes not only as a means to ensure that the ravenous market in the US has access to enough of product, but that the ever-expanding contingency of Apple-friendly nations will have no problem getting iPads to those wanting one. For Apple, the timing of the production boost couldn't be better. In a few weeks, the iPad will go on sale in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore.

Apple is estimated to have outsourced 2.3-2.35 million iPads to Taiwan players in July with 58-60% for the Wi-Fi and 3G hybrid model despite Wi-Fi only models having stronger sales in the first half of 2010.
    Previously, DigiTimes indicated that Apple's iPad production would top out at roughly 1.2 million devices per month. Apparently, however, the "brain-trust in Cupertino" finds that number to be insufficient to adequately saturate the market with sufficient supplies. In the US, supply concerns have already diminished some, although Apple's online storefront presently shows a 7 to 10 day shipping delay on the iPad (all models).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (07-07-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

maybe my local best buy will finally have them in stock..

mass-producing*
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Are they really that hard to find? I bought a wifi 16gb off craigslist like 3 weeks after it came out. The kicker? I paid $400 for it.

I didn't find anything about it that my iPhone can't do so I sold it for $480 the next week

Thanks

tell kyle to stay out of the apple store!!! lol

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'm retina-displayed spoiled. Was going to get an iPad but now I think I'll wait...
    #eli7e revived me

I bought mine a few days after it was launched, from the apple store. Just walked in and got one.
    Really?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

What they "Drastically" need to produce is the iPhone 4 especially the white iPhone 4

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

johnr9412 (07-06-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    What they "Drastically" need to produce is the iPhone 4 especially the white iPhone 4
    Without a doubt. That is what I am waiting on. That 1.7 million sales figure for the first weekend would have been slightly bigger for all those holding out for the white one.

they are making more Ipads? Wowww about time because everywhere you go they are sold out even the apple website takes 7-11 to ship .

they are planning to release the ipad in other (always low in apples list ) countries as well. Probably thats the reason for this mass increase...

i think im gonna wait till the next generation of iPads

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine a week after launch from apple.com (uk store) and it came the next day! I was very impressed as they told me it could of took up to 2 weeks!

here's an idea, make more iPads AND iPhone 4s
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Screw the iPad. Make more iPhone 4