+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Class Action Lawsuit Against Apple & AT&T Over 3G Data Plan

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Well looks like the big boys (lawyers) are behind iPad owners who feel that Apple and AT&T baited them into buying the iPad 3G with the promise of the unlimited
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Class Action Lawsuit Against Apple & AT&T Over 3G Data Plan
    Well looks like the big boys (lawyers) are behind iPad owners who feel that Apple and AT&T baited them into buying the iPad 3G with the promise of the unlimited data plans. Little old me is included in this craziness. On June 9 against Apple and AT&T over the discontinued unlimited-data plan for the iPad 3G has been amended and re-filed to include additional iPad 3G customers.

One of the lawsuits main contentions involves AT&T and Apple’s claim that iPad 3G customers could easily opt-in and opt-out of an unlimited data connection on the iPad 3G without any penalty.

We all know AT&T's new data plans since they changed them on June 7th so I won't go into that again however I just got the email conformation that I bought my iPad 3G in time and I am now on the unlimited plan. Apple and AT&T both had to approve this making sure I bought it before June 7th.

As usual Apple and AT&T have not commented on the class-action lawsuit or its implications. It's possible that if a jury finds the case in favor of the plaintiffs, that AT&T may be forced to bring back the unlimited data plan as an option. Years from now, when the litigation of the case is over, the iPad 3G will probably be a historic curiosity, replaced by another Apple device using different wireless technology.

The case, filed in the United States District Court in San Jose, Calif., represents customers from several different states. The suit also says that AT&T was abrupt in its changes, giving customers less than a week’s notice that the data plan would be eliminated.

Apple, AT&T Face Class-Action Lawsuit Over iPad 3G Data Plans | The iPad Guide

Graphic: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...tt-is-amended/
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 06-26-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: edit

"Always remember your special and unique!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (06-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Primero

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sweet! I hope they reach an agreement that helps me out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never bought an iPad. But all of this is crazyness...

Thanks

apple will probably delay it into oblivion
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    ATT should just learn to call it unlimted but place a cap. Their stupid blatant gestapo like gouging of customers isn't the way to do it IMHO. Just tell the people what they want to hear. If most people don't go over 2 gigs then what the **** was the problem Douchebags?!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

umm, they said you could get Unlimited data UNTIL June 7th or 8th, when ever WWDC was.. It was stated in the keynote and was on apples website...

Had people read, they wouldn't need to sue over something that was disclosed...

http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    umm, they said you could get Unlimited data UNTIL June 7th or 8th, when ever WWDC was.. It was stated in the keynote and was on apples website...

Had people read, they wouldn't need to sue over something that was disclosed...

http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/
    Wrong! During the keynote, Steve announced the breakthrough plan of unlimited for $29.99, AND there was no fine print or asterisk or deadline.

Apple iPad 3G service plans on AT&T, $30 for unlimited data -- Engadget
    Last edited by MJedi; 06-26-2010 at 08:16 PM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MJedi For This Useful Post:

bk4life007 (06-27-2010), Greeneval (06-27-2010), iphone925 (06-26-2010), rolandgabor (06-26-2010), thetoothfairy (06-26-2010), Wilbourn (06-26-2010)

Thanks

Well said MJedi!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

every one is filing in courts but we have not seen any results... lol its just the hype... no big deal...
    No signature links or spam... only warning

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone plan but hardly ever use the phone part of it. I wonder if I can buy an iPad and transfer my iPhone line to an iPod line and still keep the unlimited data?

Banned
    Thanks

There is no contract for the iPad. They can offer whatever they want . If they say it's 25 bucks a month for 2 gig. Then sorry bout your luck. Who uses more than 2 gigs on an iPad anyway. At home wi fi. Walking around Iphone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gbarielmoreno For This Useful Post:

Je5 (06-28-2010)

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I think all wireless carriers should just remove the fine print and just accurately describe the plan. If its unlimited then leave it that way, if they want to put a cap then create a separate plan for that. Of course that's in an alternate dimension so I'm not expecting it lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a good thing! I hope apple and AT&T Lose in court! The data cap is a scam for more money! Duh, all you people that think AT&T is being so nice and doing you all a favor with this new data plan need to wake up! 200mb for $15 and if you go over that they give you another 200mb for another $15. Um, ya.... That's $30 for 800mb, how much was unlimited again? Right!

Thanks

Yeah!!!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
    Wrong! During the keynote, Steve announced the breakthrough plan of unlimited for $29.99, AND there was no fine print or asterisk or deadline.

Apple iPad 3G service plans on AT&T, $30 for unlimited data -- Engadget
    Watch the damn keynote...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now can we also have one for iPhone, and the defect in the antenna, and Apple acting like Big Brother to all it's customers by taking info to their whereabouts.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to piston597 For This Useful Post:

iphone925 (06-26-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post
    There is no contract for the iPad. They can offer whatever they want . If they say it's 25 bucks a month for 2 gig. Then sorry bout your luck. Who uses more than 2 gigs on an iPad anyway. At home wi fi. Walking around Iphone.
    I've used nearly 800mb since i purchased my iPhone 4 on Thursday and its Saturday night.... and thats a F'n phone. The whole point of the iPad is the use of Internet access...2 gigs/month??? are you serious? ill go through that within another 2 weeks EASILY. At some point you need to stop fooling yourself and be honest with yourself (because lets be honest, the last person you want to fool or lie to is yourself) because the iPad is purely set up to utilize twice the amount of data than that of any other iDevice and anyone with half of a brain knows this is fact... an iPad on 2 gigs/month is in my opinion useless unless your around a WiFi signal 24/7.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's about time that people realized that they shouldn't take this crap from AT$T!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    I've used nearly 800mb since i purchased my iPhone 4 on Thursday and its Saturday night.... and thats a F'n phone. The whole point of the iPad is the use of Internet access...2 gigs/month??? are you serious? ill go through that within another 2 weeks EASILY. At some point you need to stop fooling yourself and be honest with yourself (because lets be honest, the last person you want to fool or lie to is yourself) because the iPad is purely set up to utilize twice the amount of data than that of any other iDevice and anyone with half of a brain knows this is fact... an iPad on 2 gigs/month is in my opinion useless unless your around a WiFi signal 24/7.
    Holy crap. Streaming no tethering 24/7?
    Really?