Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Exploit Exposes 114,000 AT&T iPad 3G Customers

Default Exploit Exposes 114,000 AT&T iPad 3G Customers

According to Gawker Media's ValleyWag blog, they are reporting a security breach on AT&T's website which has allowed public access to iPad 3G customer's email addresses and SIM card identifier numbers of over 114,000 iPad 3G users on the network.

It doesn't stop there. According to the data we were given by the web security group that exploited vulnerabilities on the AT&T network, we believe 114,000 user accounts have been compromised, although it's possible that confidential information about every iPad 3G owner in the U.S. has been exposed. We contacted Apple for comment but have yet to hear back. We also reached out to AT&T for comment. A call to Rahm Emanuel's office at the White House has not been returned...... that includes thousands of A-listers in finance, politics and media, from New York Times Co. CEO Janet Robinson to Diane Sawyer of ABC News to film mogul Harvey Weinstein to Mayor Michael Bloomberg. It even appears that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel's information was compromised.....
    The security hole has since been patched by AT&T, however the damage cannot be undone, and AT&T made no effort to notify it's customers of this breach. I for one would like to know if my information has been compromised, especially when I pay monthly for their service and trust their accountability.

While the blame isn't exactly clear, Gawker seems to think that both sides are to be held accountable for this unfortunate error. They actually have quite an in-depth article explaining how this happened and what exactly the process was. I highly suggest taking a read if you want to further understand how these leaks can happen.

The subscriber data was obtained by a group calling itself Goatse Security. Though the group is steeped in off-the-wall, 4chan-style internet culture—its name is a reference to a famous gross-out Web picture—it has previously highlighted real security vulnerabilities in the Firefox and Safari Web browsers, and attracted media attention for finding what it said were flaws in Amazon's community ratings system.

Read More About the Breach...
    Source: ValleyWag & MacRumors
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 06-09-2010 at 11:01 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-10-2010), reaves205 (06-09-2010)

Bummer
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

How many people are now searching Google for Goatse?

wow insecurity

Now we help AT&T to big brother our self to the entire world. Thank god I never wanted an ipad in first place !!!!'
    Last edited by Buffolus; 06-09-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

So how about them dolphins

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T didn't expose anything. They were exploited. There is a huge difference here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (06-09-2010)

Goatse security LMAO.

lucky Rogers isn't as stupid as AT&T
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Wow, everyone get off of AT&T's back on this one, they were hacked, they didn't expose the information. Change the title, this is an attack on AT&T's credibility that is not needed. Anyone can get hacked.

Thanks

Love the name. Wish I saw a thread of that or something

just tell att to bring back unlimited data plan for ipad users thats all i care now

Damn for a company with the money that AT&T has they should be employing these people for network security...

Thanks

I almost brought that stupid device.

"Well AT&T, you exposed my information. I demand Unlimited Internet or I will press charges"
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    "Well AT&T, you exposed my information. I demand Unlimited Internet or I will press charges"
    Roflmfao. Agreeeddddd.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

This Is yet another Reason why AT&T and Apple need to part ways!!! I love my iPhone!! I will have the iPhone 4 the day it comes out! I JUST HATE AT&T!!!

FaceBook AT&T SUCKS!!!

Great and I just bought an iPad -_-

I would like to know if my info was exposed

We have the right to know if out info was leaked out if so AT&T better call or email the customers who's info was leaked -_-

It doesn't matter how much money the company has and such..when it comes to exploiting/hacking a site,money can't buy security.NASA was hacked into a decade or so ago,so was CIA,Tons of banks,etc.It just gets fixed and the world goes on.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

People are very short sighted.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

what harm can that list do, its just a list of the people that can afford a data plan and ipad , dont be jealous.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast