+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Order iPad by Monday for Unlimited 3G

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
so...i have an ipad 3g and i have never used a data plan as i use wifi. do i have to use att's $30 unlimited data plan once by 6/7
    Thanks

so...i have an ipad 3g and i have never used a data plan as i use wifi. do i have to use att's $30 unlimited data plan once by 6/7 to keep it? and do i have to let att bill me every month for it? can i turn the unlimited plan on and off at will once i use it once? confused...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mactwisted...I have the same question which it appears that no one really knows that answer. Not even AT&T whom I just spoke with.....

Thanks

Default Unlimited data plan for ipad 3g
    Quote Originally Posted by flounder21 View Post
    mactwisted...I have the same question which it appears that no one really knows that answer. Not even AT&T whom I just spoke with.....
    @flounder21 As long as you have your ipad before 6/6/10 11:59PM, then you get to keep the unlimited data plan. You may start and stop the plan at will keeping unlimited data. On 6/7/2010 the new plans take effect.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont think that is correct sir.

From what ATT has posted on its Facebook page, if you stop the data plan for the ipad at any time, and go back to renew it, the unlimited option will not be there.

Thanks

Default unlimited ipad 3g data plan
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsodyinblue View Post
    I dont think that is correct sir.

From what ATT has posted on its Facebook page, if you stop the data plan for the ipad at any time, and go back to renew it, the unlimited option will not be there.
    i just pulled this from att's facebook page:

"For new iPad customers, the $25 per month 2 GB plan will replace the existing $29.99 unlimited plan. iPad customers will continue to pre-pay for their wireless data plan and no contract is required. Existing iPad customers who have the $29.99 per month unlimited plan are not required to change their plans."

it appears att would not take the plan away from someone who ordered by a set date or users who already have the plan. why would they hold the data plan price for a preorder only to remove the data plan after it was used just once?

you are probably correct, although i hope for the latter...

thanks,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

ATT corrected itself at one point stating in order to keep the unlimited plan for the iPad the user needs to have auto-renewed each month. Meaning the moment you stop the plan you lose it for good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think you're understanding what I meant.

If you're pre-paying each month (i.e. you don't stop the plan) you will be fine if you're on unlimited. But if you turn the data plan off... that is to say you decide to turn it off for a month or so... then you won't get unlimited again.... because you are no longer grandfathered in and the terms of the plan will change.

If you're on it, then you should be fine and i dont see them taking it away from those who ALREADY have it provided you are paying each and every month.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

got my ipad today and signed up for the unlimited plan, I used over 100 megs today in data, lol

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

I ordered mine the other day before the deadline... hope this unlimited plan is a go still when I get it. Won't get it for about two weeks...

Anyone want to buy a 16GB Wifi? lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wish you didnt have to pay for the 3g coverage

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vhicke View Post
    Well if everyone complained like we did in Canada and now almost every provider here has the iPhone now (Rogers,telus,bell)
    really ,lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought an iPad today and when I went to activate the 3G service I was given the option of 200MB, 2GB or unlimited. I picked unlimited and when I check my account status it reflects that choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did you order it earlier in the month?

You must have gotten lucky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToothSauce View Post
    I bought an iPad today and when I went to activate the 3G service I was given the option of 200MB, 2GB or unlimited. I picked unlimited and when I check my account status it reflects that choice.
    This is good news as I ordered my second one by the dead line and it will be arriving this Wednesday. I hope I get to pick unlimited. I am thinking that if they are going to change the plans for the iPad they will do so within so many days after shipping past the dead line date.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsodyinblue View Post
    did you order it earlier in the month?

You must have gotten lucky
    I didn't order it. I found the closest store which had one in stock, drove there and bought it. I fully expected to only have the two metered plans and was surprised when I had the option of unlimited as well. Hopefully others will get lucky as well. YMMV

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I ordered mine from Apple a couple of days before the deadline and got it in the middle of last week. It included the unlimited data option, which I promptly activated. =)

Thanks

Ok got my iPad 3G Wifi 64 GB today and itunes activated it and I did not have a choice to choose unlimited data. On the phone with AT&T right now holding. The ATT&T representative said they did not offer the data plan and I told her I order my iPad before the dead line date. She put me on hold and came back and told me yes she could see the new changes and such... but had to transfer me to a area that handles the iPad... I have been waiting for quite some time now so they can fix my data plan... lots of people must have gotten their iPads today!

I will update you once someone waits on me... stay tuned!

Edit: Been waiting for 1:09 minutes so far...

Edit: Been waiting for 2:00 hours so far...... this is a crying shame!

Edit: Well finally got to talk to someone.. AT&T ended the unlimited plan that you could do yourself yesterday... they have been getting tons of calls... I spent over two hours and a half waiting on the phone.

What they are doing is you have to activate your iPad and then put your credit card info in there etc... and then pick the 2 GB plan for $. Once Apple has notified AT&T that you bought the iPad before the 7th then you will be notified by email and also on your iPad that you have the unlimited plan. Once you are notified which she told me in ten days then your 30 days will start from that point and then you will be billed after the 30 days... so the way I see it I get ten days free until Apple notifies them that I bought it before the dead line...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 06-22-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: AT&T waiting time

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It was reported that AT&T turned off that option on Monday. I too should have the option but don't let us know. I tried to call them over the last 2 days an always get disconnected

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    It was reported that AT&T turned off that option on Monday. I too should have the option but don't let us know. I tried to call them over the last 2 days an always get disconnected
    This is the number to the iPad area at AT&T call this you might have to wait like I did but this will get you to the area you need to talk to. There are tons of people that have been calling.

866-640-5125

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hope it all works out!