Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "It's Uncomfortable:" Jobs on the "Post-PC Era"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^^ WTF?!

I thought GPU meant Graphics Processor?If so that's not a CPU.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

No a graphics processor is not a CPU, but it's still a processor. I think were all saying the same things..

Seems that someone is a little haughty in their speech! We are way to earlier to start using terms like "Post PC-Era". Okay jobs you struck oil with the ipod,iphone, and ipad (which is debatable) but don't let that go to your head and here are some reasons...

1. You can't randomly download and install files off the internet at your free will.

2. Flash is not that big of a deal to me but people LOVE compatibility with just about any and everything.

3. Keywords: OPEN SOURCE, apple really isn't a fan of this.

Those are only a few reason and theres plenty more. I love apple products but apple moves to the beat of their own drum. PC's aren't going anywhere at least no time soon. Jobs just needs to keep running his company the way he's been doing and keep making great products and let the people choose when the "PC-Era" is dead.
    Last edited by elite_jounin; 06-03-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is still yeeears away, but it is coming. And it should. Advancements in technology will provide us with smaller and better machines. I can't wait until tablets can replace a full sized desktop replacement laptop.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    That is like saying people buy PC's because they look cool.
    He did make an overgeneralization but you would be a fool to think that there isn't a chunk of Apple product users who buy the product because of aesthetics.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Hah.. Steve Jobs you god damned knob.. Death of PC? Yes I will now Go to apple store and buy a TABLET instead of my Beat PC Machine. ;p He is really pushing my nerves.. I am from now on more successful than Gates, HAH you wish.

You still need a pc to use the iphone, ipad, ipod...how the hell would u sync all your media and content???

iTunes CLOUD!
    Then iTunes will try to 3g sync with everyone so they can control EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    yet this is just the first generation tablets will get more advanced especially as competition in the market heats up and accessories market will grow out of control in the end PCs may very well die in the next 5-10 years or maybe even less depends on the competition. the iPad alone wont kill the PC but many other tablets can and will
    There is no way that the PC is going to die anytime soon, we will still need it for major things, like running processor intensive applications. (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit, etc. for designing buildings)

That being said, I could see Tablets being a good replacement for the non tech-savy people, especially if they could sync to the web. I do agree with the article that it would definitely reduce my free support hours helping friends and family with computer problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    Hah.. Steve Jobs you god damned knob.. Death of PC? Yes I will now Go to apple store and buy a TABLET instead of my Beat PC Machine. ;p He is really pushing my nerves.. I am from now on more successful than Gates, HAH you wish.
    Damn Right!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123