Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Verizon Testing iPad on its Network

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    how is it that this story/rumor keeps going around? The networks are not compatible. Verizon's network can't meet the voice and data requirement that apple likes the iphone to have. They're changing their network in order to have voice/data together....but that is 2 years minimum before the switch.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, but it is important to remember how stinking long it took ATT to have the 3G presence (and some would say it is still lacking) they have today. For almost two years I had to deal with only edge within six hours of where I live and you don't get simultaneous voice/data with that.

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    You cannot make such a statement. You have to understand Verizon and AT&T services work well in certain states while in others, they don't. Look at AT&T, people say they drop calls all the time, but where I live, no one has that problem. [Referring to the iPhone] In my opinion Verizon's plans cost too much, and only thing I like about them is their internet service.
    Verizon also has the worst customer service of any US carrier I have EVER dealt with (for me that is now TMO, Cingular-ATT, VZW, Virgin). Two different occasions I had OS issues with a Motorola I had with them and their answer was always "buy another". My response was "cancel my contract and bill me". Never paid that bill, filed a claim, and will never go back.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-02-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I will not be suprised if iPhone/ipad go to Verizon. Steve has already had some of his thunder taken away by the leak of the "prototype" iPhone, and all it's features. What better way to end his keynote speech with "oh and by the way, this new iPhone will be available on AT&T AND verizon". That is what will make headlines on all the news networks, and in doing so furthur increasing interest and ultimately selling more iPhones.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1) Is anyone really sure they aren't just testing a WiFi-only iPad with a MiFi-like device?

2) If they are going to offer an iPad like the 3G that's out now, then it should also have a prepaid data option similar to what's out now... I don't see that happening, even with AT&T's change of heart w.r.t. data plans.

3) I really don't expect a iPad with anything other than [3]GSM and WiFi for the next couple years.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay! they couldnt have picked a better time to start considering att no longer has unlimited data...

I really wish people would just forget about the iPhone/iPad on Verizon for the next two years until the AT&T contract ends. That said....

... Apple isn't stupid. I will bet you any amount of money that they've had an iPhone running on Verizon for years. It's called prototypes. Many of them never see the light of day, but it's stupid for a company not to have explored (physically) all its options.

Remember the Mac switch to Intel? They had Macs running on Intels years before the switch. You always have all your bases covered.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

You all cannot seriously think that Apple wouldn't have a prototype CDMA compatible iPad to test on the Verizon network. They would have at least tried the idea out. Apple isn't stupid. And to every dumb, under-informed, brute out there that says, "Verizon sucks." and that's the end of their post, just stop. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so maybe you should just go play cars while the grown-ups talk. Neither AT&T nor Verizon can cover 100% of all people, and there are always going to be unsatisfied customers. In my area, Verizon gets full bars and 3G for miles around, and my dad's iPhone gets at best 2 bars and Edge. But, I know for a fact that there are places where it is the complete opposite. And you cannot possibly think that a price war between AT&T and Verizon wouldn't be good for the consumer. We would be the ones paying the lowered prices for phones and plans while the two carriers tried to bring more customers in. Competition is good.

And did someone seriously think post and think that Verizon is building a GSM and Edge network for Verizon?

maybe they are making gsm network and edge just for ipad or maybe 3g, when it comes to cdma network and ipad i think its bs too.
    *Scoff* Do you have any idea what an expensive, and not to mention STUPID investment that would be?
    Last edited by staterunner180; 06-03-2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

We can debate whether or not iPad or iPhone is being tested on Verizon until blue in the face. Just as we can debat what takes place at Area 51. Regardless, I am sure somewhere, research is being done to expand the Apple model across all platforms. Because the end goal is to get as many apple products (iphone, ipad) into the hands of the masses at every corner of the globe right?

How about a "World" iPad. One with CDMA+EvDO and GSM+3g 3.5 and WiMax+LTE built in. It's entirely possible you guys know.

My BB Tour is GSM & CDMA so why couldn't the new iThingie be the same.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought Verizon was rolling out LTE? All apple has to do is sit back, test their devices with Verizon, and then roll them out when this contract with AT&T is over. An it will be over because Verizon will have had time to make their adjustments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12