+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Rolls Out New Technology for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Despite the bad blood between Apple and Adobe, the proud makers of Flash prove that business is ultimately business. And today, Adobe rolled out a little something in the works
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Adobe Rolls Out New Technology for iPad

Despite the bad blood between Apple and Adobe, the proud makers of Flash prove that business is ultimately business. And today, Adobe rolled out a little something in the works for Apple's iPad. Hours ago, Adobe officially revealed its new digital viewer technology, the goal of which is to aid content publishers in pushing their materials - like digital editions of their magazines and newspapers - to the iPad's revolutionary platform.

While this may be the first you're hearing of Adobe's new offering, there's a good possibility that you're already familiar with its potential. Last week, for example, Kyle Matthews shared with MMi the good news of Wired magazine arriving on the iPad. Wired's introduction to the tablet was, in fact, a demonstration of Adobe's technology in use.

According to David Burkett, VP and general manager of Creative Solutions at Adobe:

Adobe's work with Wired has resulted in a digital magazine format that creates an immersive experience, allowing a publication's unique content, look and feel and advertising to stand out in the digital realm. We aim to make our digital viewer software available to all publishers soon and plan to deliver versions that work across multiple hardware platforms. It's safe to say that if you are already working in InDesign CS5, you'll be well on your way to producing a beautiful digital version of your publication.
    If you've checked out Wired for the iPad, then you know how sweet a digital publication for the iPad can be. And our enjoyment of such shouldn't be taken for granted, especially since both Adobe and Wired had plenty of hurdles to jump in making it happen. After all, Adobe had to tear down and rebuild the Wired app to accommodate Apple's non-Flash preference. Fortunately, Apple's massive changes to the developer agreement didn't ultimately impede the arrival of Wired for the iPad - an achievement for which Adobe largely deserves credit.

With the cemented success of the iPad edition of Wired obvious to all, it's a safe bet that Adobe will be pumping out the partnerships with other major content providers in the weeks and months to come - all of which will benefit iPad owners, and, yes, even Adobe's bitter former pal Apple.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-01-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no bad blood. They just have different views. Apple and Adobe have a long standing relationship in regards to business. They need each other.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

bluenose50 (07-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

adobe is so soft.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Adobe is being smart playing the "o'brien".....while apple continues to look like "Leno".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    u got to remember all this is in business you cant make it personal
    iPhone 4 32gb
    MacBook Pro 2.63 ghz
    Apple TV
    Time Capsule
    PSN: MarkFaulken

Thanks

Ahem, what about the iPhone? All I'm hearing about lately is "ipad this, new magazine technology for ipad that". News flash! They both run the same OS!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Ahem, what about the iPhone? All I'm hearing about lately is "ipad this, new magazine technology for ipad that". News flash! They both run the same OS!
    Yeah, I'm definitely getting a little tired of all the iPad stuff myself.

Thanks

iPad is what it is now and in the Sumer will be iPad and the new iPhone HD so hold your horses it's not our fault you can't afford an iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post

That is, in fact, most likely because neither of you have an iPad. It's great news for those who have one, like me. The iPhone will shine in less than a week, until then go wait in a corner if you don't want to read "Apple" news.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

staterunner180 (06-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    IPad iPad IPad iPad IPad iPad IPad iPad IPad iPad IPad iPad... IPad!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

TheGrandFinale2001 (06-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    iPad is what it is now and in the Sumer will be iPad and the new iPhone HD so hold your horses it's not our fault you can't afford an iPad
    haha absolutely...get y'all money up, an get an iPad..cut the complaining ..lol..

Thanks

I can afford several iPads. I just don't want to buy one. What I'm tired of is that companies are making "ipad exclusive" crap, when it could easily run on the iphone.

Twitter: @tshoults

17. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (06-02-2010)

Thanks

Quote from Tiger92
    I can afford several iPads. I just don't want to buy one. What I'm tired of is that companies are making "ipad exclusive" crap, when it could easily run on the iphone.

This is America and we can spend our money how ever we want too, wipe your azz with a $50.00 if you want. I love apple products gottem all iPhone for my girl 32GB 3GS iPodTouch 64 3rd gen and a MacBookPro and on 4/30/2010 an iPad 3G 64GB jailbroken and loving that here in America I can spend my hard earned cash on whatever I want.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luqven's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink wtf
    Quote from Tiger92

This is America and we can spend our money how ever we want too, wipe your azz with a $50.00 if you want. I love apple products gottem all iPhone for my girl 32GB 3GS iPodTouch 64 3rd gen and a MacBookPro and on 4/30/2010 an iPad 3G 64GB jailbroken and loving that here in America I can spend my hard earned cash on whatever I want.
    Dude, wtf does this argument have to do with our rights in America? Although i think your topic changing abilities might get you somewhere in politics, lets stick to the subject mkay? (i say this is the most joke-like tone possible)
    I can't agree more with Tiger92, I hate it when ipad apps make you purchase a seperate iPhone app, or when they don't even have an iPad app at all. Also, I don;t really see miyself reading WIRED from my iPhone, besides if you want to get rid of the ipad news just go to the iphone only tab.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Boom. Just like that Adobe figured out how to stay relevant. Everyone is happy now. This is how progress is made. Some things have to be killed off, because they just won't die on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by luqven View Post
    Dude, wtf does this argument have to do with our rights in America? Although i think your topic changing abilities might get you somewhere in politics, lets stick to the subject mkay? (i say this is the most joke-like tone possible)
    I can't agree more with Tiger92, I hate it when ipad apps make you purchase a seperate iPhone app, or when they don't even have an iPad app at all. Also, I don;t really see miyself reading WIRED from my iPhone, besides if you want to get rid of the ipad news just go to the iphone only tab.
    If you didn't pay for an iPad app, then why do you feel entitled to get one for free? Building an iPad specific version is time consuming and thus expensive for developers, so they need to see a monetary return on their investment. Some developers are giving out universal binaries that have iPad and iPhone specific versions without having to pay twice, others aren't, and they have that right. You are getting what you paid for, you just want more and think you're entitled to get it for free. There's a word for that: spoiled.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 06-01-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not even bro. This IS America, and I buy all Apple gear I want, and I do! What other country has more Apple availability?

Most countries probably haven't even heard of the iPad, and I they have, they aren't smart to know how sweet they are. Here in America, we have more freedom than other countries. That's why I think Apple should incorporate the word "freedom" into their next device.
    Last edited by dogger; 06-01-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

"hugs wired magazine app, then hugs ipad"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    Not even bro. This IS America, and I buy all Apple gear I want, and I do! What other country has more Apple availability?

Most countries probably haven't even heard of the iPad, and I they have, they aren't smart to know how sweet they are. Here in America, we have more freedom than other countries. That's why I think Apple should incorporate the word "freedom" into their next device.
    your are quite uneducated if you think that. There have been about 1 million international ipad sales, in less than a month.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dogger was begotten by siblings so please folk show some compassion.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we need a "No Thanks" button.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (06-02-2010)