+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asustek Introduces the Eee Pad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
saw how he got gassed when he launched opera lol thought it loaded lightning quick but siiiiiiiiiiiiike , it was a video lmao
    Thanks

saw how he got gassed when he launched opera lol thought it loaded lightning quick but siiiiiiiiiiiiike , it was a video lmao
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's an Eee I am sure it is going to be fairly inexpensive. That is what their Eee line was made for in the first place. This is actually pretty exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Just so you know...ASUS has a family of EEE products. It makes sense to call it the EEEpad.
    Of course Captain, but the average poster here is an ignorant Apple fanboy. Didn't you know that?

Someone else using the word "pad" in their product line? Preposterous!! Maybe we should not allow the use of the words mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc. either!?!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-31-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (06-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    If it's an Eee I am sure it is going to be fairly inexpensive. That is what their Eee line was made for in the first place. This is actually pretty exciting!

Of course Captain, but the average poster here is an ignorant Apple fanboy. Didn't you know that?

Someone else using the word "pad" in their product line? Preposterous!! Maybe we should not allow the use of the words mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc. either!?!
    Well, its not quite the same thing. Its not like this is a category of device called "pads", in the same way that we have keyboards and mice. It'd be like if Apple released a game console and called it the ibox or the istation -- its clearly a play on whats popular.

I think its a petty thing to do. It may associate you with whats popular, but it also gives the impression that its a cheap knockoff.

Thanks
    to good to be true.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I were them, I'd "leak" a video of it running the iPhone OS like an iPad. Obviously they couldn't officially sell that because of copyright laws. It clearly has the hardware some of us, who haven't rushed to the Apple stores to buy an iPad, are looking for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erawsd View Post
    Well, its not quite the same thing. Its not like this is a category of device called "pads", in the same way that we have keyboards and mice. It'd be like if Apple released a game console and called it the ibox or the istation -- its clearly a play on whats popular.

I think its a petty thing to do. It may associate you with whats popular, but it also gives the impression that its a cheap knockoff.
    It sort of is my friend. What would you call it? It isn't a notebook. It isn't a netbook. It isn't a tablet (we already have something very different called the tablet pc). What exactly is it then? They called the iPhone a PHONE for god's sake. Did we jump down Apple's throats for daring to call the thing a phone? Of course not (and I am not implying we should have). Apple made a product different from other computer-type products and deemed it a Pad. So nobody should be allowed to call anything like it a pad?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-31-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It sort of is my friend. What would you call it? It isn't a notebook. It isn't a netbook. It isn't a tablet (we already have something very different called the tablet pc). What exactly is it then? They called the iPhone a PHONE for god's sake. Did we jump down Apple's throats for daring to call the thing a phone? Of course not (and I am not implying we should have). Apple made a product different from other computer-type products and deemed it a Pad. So nobody should be allowed to call anything like it a pad?
    Its a slate-tablet, which is pretty much what everyone, everywhere has called it since it was announced -- because thats what it is.

Asus can call it whatever they want, but that doesn't mean we should sit around and pretend the name isn't an attempt to grab some cheap attention. Apple definitely would have gotten heat if they had slapped an "i" in front of whatever blackberry's biggest line of phone was at the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erawsd View Post
    Its a slate-tablet, which is pretty much what everyone, everywhere has called it since it was announced -- because thats what it is.

Asus can call it whatever they want, but that doesn't mean we should sit around and pretend the name isn't an attempt to grab some cheap attention. Apple definitely would have gotten heat if they had slapped an "i" in front of whatever blackberry's biggest line of phone was at the time.
    To some degree I agree with you. That said, iBold would have sounded pretty stupid to begin with and not really talk about the product itself (referring to the blackberry naming comment). Slate is really something that fans called these products, there was never really an official name, unless you count what Microsoft had in the works. If Asus called it the Eee slate, a different group of people would be pointing fingers saying they are taking advantage of a product that MS ended up not releasing at all. Frankly you cannot win over every crowd. Is it an attempt to get some free press? Perhaps. Is it as big a deal as idiots on this forum are making it? Not really..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    The name is a borderline ripoff; I'm fairly certain that "eeePad" is phonetically identical to iPad in spanish and several other languages.

So, Asus hasn't been releasing EEE PC's for the last 3 years...

People seam to think that Apple was the ONLY company kicking around the tablet idea for the last 5 years.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't hate it.......
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To some degree I agree with you. That said, iBold would have sounded pretty stupid to begin with and not really talk about the product itself (referring to the blackberry naming comment). Slate is really something that fans called these products, there was never really an official name, unless you count what Microsoft had in the works. If Asus called it the Eee slate, a different group of people would be pointing fingers saying they are taking advantage of a product that MS ended up not releasing at all. Frankly you cannot win over every crowd. Is it an attempt to get some free press? Perhaps. Is it as big a deal as idiots on this forum are making it? Not really..
    Does eeePad sound much better? :P

Slates have been around for awhile now. HP/MS simply gave the device a very blunt name, kinda like the "iPhone". Its not just the fans that are describing these things as slates/tablets, the press and the companies themselves are even using that language. I haven't heard anyone talking about their brand new line of "pad computers".

You're right, its not a big deal. I'm not a fan of it, it just gives me the impression that its a chap knockoff like that iPed thing released in China.

Thanks

Just like all the iPod clones - better specs on paper - just not as good.
    While it looks quite slick it doesn't have the App store and I have a feeling it will always just be a cheap copy.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This might sound dumb to you guys but what do you actually need iPad or any other slate devices like that for? I mean you guys brag about how many iDevices you have but what do you need them for? I mean if you have Macbook, why would you need iPad too? Explain this to me please. Well unless your answer is: I need to look cool at Starbucks...

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

That actually doesn't look half bad, can't wait to see the full product

Thanks

^ If you don't know, you don't need one.
    If I get one I will probably get a WiFi only one and never take it out of the house, looking cool isn't my priority, functionality is. It would replace my laptop, freeing it up for my wife so we can get rid of her ageing laptop.
    I'm sure other people have different reasons but just because you can't see a use for the iPad does not mean others can't.

[Edit]I'm a slow typist - my response was in reply too cky.dude not Method2001 who beet me too it.[/Edit]
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

cky.dude (06-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Method2001 View Post
    That actually doesn't look half bad, can't wait to see the full product
    I was thinking this too, but I'm going to wait until I see Sony's offering. Asus is very good company but I still feel like their devices look/feel cheapish. If the fit and finish holds up then this thing will be a winner, though.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

@cypher , it fits inline with their eee series.

back to topic,

Id normally go apple, phones yes, music players yes, i even went apple for my macbook pro.

But if I was after a tablet,the iPad doesnt offer everything for example tis eee pad offers. a PC OS will always be better then a phone OS

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H3x. View Post
    <snip>
    But if I was after a tablet,the iPad doesnt offer everything for example tis eee pad offers. a PC OS will always be better then a phone OS
    The windows vs mac debate has gone on for years. But your statement that "a PC OS will always be better than a phone OS" is a totally different discussion. No question that either windows or mac os are more powerful than any phone OS, it is not true that either would be better than a phone OS for a tablet device. There are reasons that Apple chose the phone OS for the iPad. Not the least of which is how you interact with the system. Touching the screen with your finger is far different than interacting with a mouse. I believe that actual use of either Windows or OSX would quickly become very frustrating on any tablet.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    The windows vs mac debate has gone on for years. But your statement that "a PC OS will always be better than a phone OS" is a totally different discussion. No question that either windows or mac os are more powerful than any phone OS, it is not true that either would be better than a phone OS for a tablet device. There are reasons that Apple chose the phone OS for the iPad. Not the least of which is how you interact with the system. Touching the screen with your finger is far different than interacting with a mouse. I believe that actual use of either Windows or OSX would quickly become very frustrating on any tablet.
    What if it was a touchscreen, ran Windows 7, AND had a built in mouse with full funtionality, and is in the same price range as the iPad? Like this one ARCHOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Touching the screen with your finger is far different than interacting with a mouse.
    The same goes for women.....