Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camouflage Your iPad With New Camo Case

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Camouflage Your iPad With New Camo Case

So let's say, for example, you want to take in a ballgame at Yankee Stadium in New York - a facility that banned the use of iPads (as covered on MMi). Perhaps with Tobias Wong and Chelsea Briganti's new camouflaged iPad case, you won't get tossed out of the ballpark for breaking the rules. With this new - and admittedly most peculiar of iPad cases - you can enjoy your favorite tablet computer without some folks knowing you even have one in your possession.

This nifty little iPad case disguised as a used document envelope, comes with an "interdepartmental mail background for the home screen" and helps you hide what you're working on - or what games you're playing - while out and about in public. Any passing observer will simply think you're holding an envelope and reading whatever material that's sitting atop this formal-looking business document holder.

Remember when Bart Simpson would sit on his bed reading a comic book tucked into his text book so anyone peering into his room would think Bart is studying? Think of this "camo case" working the same way. Of course, if someone approaches you from behind, there's a good chance your cover will be blown. What won't be blown - or at least, broken - however, if your actual iPad. Inside the camo shell is a real hard case to protect your tablet when stowing it on the go.

Whether you find this unique case to be practical or impractical, there's an excellent possibility that the business of innovative iPad cases is just getting warmed up.

Image via Core77

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

thedanks (05-31-2010)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

People think of everything!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

lmao

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Yeah, interesting. Perhaps it would "camo" better if the ipad had no black borders and the screen encompassed the entire landscape. I vote NOT PRACTICAL.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, this is the new leader in the "stupedest-news-item-ever" for MMI. I can think of NO reason to ever use this, most particularly for the reason cited in the opening post. What moron thinks you could even take a real envelope like that into a game and they wouldn't make you check it at the gate?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Thanks

Default camo?!
    Hell maybe if they had disguised the 4g iPhone prototype in something like this maybe that whole fiasco could have been avoided.

no i dont have an ipad.. im just a freak that loves rubbing his fingers on an envelope!
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

Thanks

A great way to prevent stealing? lol
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Why would anyone mess with an envelope? It would have been a better idea to make a clipboard and a fake stack of paper with the iPad in it.

-I better get a cut of the profit if someone uses my idea

They should give this out to people who buy season tickets at Yankee stadium

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tremerone View Post
    Hell maybe if they had disguised the 4g iPhone prototype in something like this maybe that whole fiasco could have been avoided.
    Actually Apple did try to disguise it by putting it in a case which made it look round like the current iPhone models...

But I vote FAIL on this one. Exhibit A:

Last edited by adp; 05-29-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Could it be a iPad
    Last edited by lividian1; 05-29-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lividian1 View Post
    Could it be a iPad
    Of Course.. Sneaky Basterds xD

so, how is this supposed to fool anyone? i'm like: "no dude this is just an envelope. WITH MULTITOUCH"

i brought a video camera into a baseball game before [against regulations] i just told them its my only means to a photo camera as it also doubled as a digital photo camera.told them it didnt have any tape. they let me through and i continued to video tape the entire game without the written consent of the "who gives a crap" baseball league
    killall Terminal[]

@rhekt and your publicly admitting to break many laws why?

?/[]catch me if you can[]/?
    killall Terminal[]

they're coming up with the most retarted cases ever. all theyr going is covering up the back part and leaving the screen vulnerable.