+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Fever Grips the Planet

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Just when you thought the "iPad fever" had finally begun to subside, it looks like a whole new outbreak is underway. And this time, the "fever" has gone global. The
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default iPad Fever Grips the Planet

Just when you thought the "iPad fever" had finally begun to subside, it looks like a whole new outbreak is underway. And this time, the "fever" has gone global. The spread coincides with the spread of the iPad itself, as Apple Stores in Europe and Asia attracted flocks of Apple fans in astonishing droves
    early Friday morning.

From Paris to Tokyo, long lines were spotted everywhere iPads were sold, with international interest at least appearing to be greater than domestic excitement for the iPad's release early last month. According to the Associated Press, "screams and cheers rose from the crowd in central London as students, professionals and self-proclaimed computer geeks clutched boxes containing the slim black device." The AP also notes that in Tokyo, an estimated crowd of 1,200 people gathered in line at the Ginza shopping district alone.

Perhaps what's most impressive about the global iPad frenzy is that supplies are already dwindling even though the price of the iPad in international markets is substantially higher than the US equivalent. In Great Britain, for example, prices for the iPad span from 429 pounds to 699 pounds. That's $624 to $1,017. Nonetheless, the consumer demand and subsequent willingness to digest the cost of the red hot tablet bodes well for Apple and the company's future earnings.

Of course, it doesn't appear that Apple needs much assistance in terms of market capitalization. Apple's market cap topped $222 billion on Wednesday, which officially placed Apple ahead of Microsoft as the world's largest tech company.

Image via Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow i wonder what will happen when the 4G is out....
    Egyptian Dude

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPad haters suck on this! Lol I knew my precious iPad was very special from the very beginning

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mytran80 For This Useful Post:

chrisangel13 (05-28-2010)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my iPad and love Apple! Microsoft is nothing compared to Apple in my eyes as far as technology. Now that I know there is 3G in my area I would love to get another iPad but the wifi 3G one.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 05-28-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: ops

"Always remember your special and unique!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

csworrell (05-28-2010)

Thanks

I completely bypassed the Apple store while skateboarding through the mall on my way to work this morning......Didn't want to get caught up in the line-up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tremerone For This Useful Post:

csworrell (05-28-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like everyone wants to jailbreak

Thanks

Lmao, I still remember when the stupid haters were commenting on the iPads name and capabilities. Now its global. So ironic.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

Every 1 must jailbreak !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tremerone View Post
    I completely bypassed the Apple store while skateboarding through the mall on my way to work this morning......Didn't want to get caught up in the line-up.

Chillich!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Walked past the apple store... Huge queue with a 30 minute wait minimum, strolled into pc world and bought one instantly. Apple store sucks. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I wonder does the iPad run Palm's WebOS like the iPhone is been advertised with along with a flash for the camera. Stupid O2

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

They way I see it apple
    has become a completly different type of monster than Microsoft. Apple owns the mobile market, Microsoft owns the pc market. Which works for me, I use both! I hate apple as a pc company, love them as a mobile company.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    They way I see it apple
    has become a completly different type of monster than Microsoft. Apple owns the mobile market, Microsoft owns the pc market. Which works for me, I use both! I hate apple as a pc company, love them as a mobile company.
    Can you be honest with me by telling me a truth please!!!!

Have you ever hold a mighty mouse and use a Mac for 10 minute.
    If not do yourself a favor, go to apple store and use it for 10 minute, I promise you won't regret those 10 minute.

I still remember back on 2003, I was in compusa, and this compass guy push me to use Mac For 10 minute and he actually told me that he has a open box with 20% off and if I do not like it, I can always bring it back with no restocking fee.

I was a hardcore window guy at that time and I still use window everyday.

But that day when I bought that open box Mac, I never look back and really thank that guy who pushed me to Mac demo.

Now I have the most powerful machine apple makes it, which also include my most expensive purchase of a power Mac G 5 with 18 GB ram and 7 core processor.

I am not trying to convince you or anyone. Just a request to everyone that please stay away from these companies MKTG war who buys these bloggers to appraise their product but we as a consumer should buy what makes our life easier and simpler.

Sorry if you don't agree with me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    I am not trying to convince you or anyone. Just a request to everyone that please stay away from these companies MKTG war who buys these bloggers to appraise their product but we as a consumer should buy what makes our life easier and simpler.

Sorry if you don't agree with me.
    Sorry but I disagree. I actually have iPhone 3G, 3GS, iTouch, Macbook Air, and iMac but I still use my PC for gaming and internet 90% of the time. My PC is way more powerful comparing to my iMac and I can tune my PC however I want.

For handheld products, Apple wins hand down. For home computers, Pc is the way.

PS: Most if not all Mac users run Windows anyways. It's just win win for Microsoft.

Thanks

Paris to Tokyo? We got it I Canada too, my friend got one and it's sick

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey ... Hackintosh is the way man.... Best of both worlds. Ok ok not the very best - but close.

Hey - I do have a MacBook pro an ipad an iPhone 3g and a 3gs and ya am a fanboy - but still couldn't afford a i7 mac pro - had to build that one.

Thanks

I need one! Take that, haters!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yehiamorsi View Post
    wow i wonder what will happen when the 4G is out....
    I personally think a lot more people will be after the new iPhone than this iPad. Hell, I personally would justify a high sticker price on the phone more than I would an iPad.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I think most of the "haters" were really about not supporting the first generation beta testing of the ipad, so apple actually puts the features in that people want and frankly should expect from a computer device today. Thankfully we have all you fanboys paying apple to beta test the ipad for us, ensuring the second and third generations will actually be worth buying, and all the haters will then become the lovers. Thank you to all the silly people with more money then sense out there, (clearly there are a lot of you) ensuring the ipad won't die, and will actually be truly great in a couple of years!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    iPad haters suck on this! Lol I knew my precious iPad was very special from the very beginning
    Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    Just when you thought the "iPad fever" had finally begun to subside
    Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    iPad's release early last month.
    Suck on this??
    Considering there is enough Apple fans out there to keep the "fever" going for alittle more than a month, problem is how to get others to catch this "fever". Seeing it started to subside, that does not look good on sales domestically.
    As to international sales, ofcourse they are going to catch the fever at the beginning of this sale. How long Apple can keep it going is the question.
    Last edited by unison999; 05-28-2010 at 06:50 PM.