+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Swing and a Miss for the iPad at Yankee Stadium

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by politicalslug Seriously? What kind of a-hole feels the need to bring their iPad, or laptop (unless you're a journalist of some sort) to a baseball game? people
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Seriously? What kind of a-hole feels the need to bring their iPad, or laptop (unless you're a journalist of some sort) to a baseball game?
    people who have work to do for their job and want to enjoy the game at the same time.

people have their own reasons. why let it bother you? don't pay attention to them

Green Apple
    Thanks

They don't let me bring mine to the clubs either. I imagine a bunch of women would just salivate if I could whip out my big......Iphone!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty stupid ban. Maybe the those dumb yanks don't wanna be liable if a ball comes screeching ur way, nails ur ipad and breaks it, or a idiot drunk Yankee fan spills beer on it or falls on u and breaks it. I guess the ballpark isn't the safest envirornment for ur ipad.....but that should be up to the owner of the device.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Why would you bring your laptop or iPad to the stadium?

Banned
    Thanks
    OMG whomever takes their ipad to a live sporting event should be punched in the face and jacked. Bustas!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    people who have work to do for their job and want to enjoy the game at the same time.

people have their own reasons. why let it bother you? don't pay attention to them
    If they have that much work to do, they should be at the damned game. I hate the Yankees (Mets fan), but I support this rule of theirs.

People (who arent journalists) who think that a laptop iPad has a viable place at a live sporting event are fools. Hope you all get your faces smashed in by a foul ball or hockey puck or something.

Honestly, you cant get your minds off these things long enough to have a beer and bratwurst while watching a game? What's wrong with you people?
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

adp
    Thanks

The only sports I see the iPad being used is in racing, for live timing. Of course, most live timing sites use flash...which would equal to a blue brick of FAIL (ie. Formula 1)
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    If they have that much work to do, they should be at the damned game.
    yes, they should be at the game, just like you said lol

don't blame others because you suck at not paying attention to the game. quit blaming others for sitting peacefully in their chairs and doing whatever they want. it's not like they are screaming, yelling, and causing a scene.

keep your eyes forward

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all, that picture is of the old stadium; get with the times. Secondly, I could see some baseball fanatics wanting to use the MLB.com iPad app during the game.

That being said, I can't imagine I'd ever bring an iPad to the game. My iPhone, however, is another story.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

This is going to happen more and more. A phone or touch is one thing. A bright 10" screen is another it can be distracting. I just got done with a year on probation for disorderly conduct because a DB got two calls in a theater. Now the theater has a very strict cell phone policy. I won, twice. Now if I bought a ticket to something and some geek or fanboy has to get out something with a big bright screen I will ask them nicely to put it away once. Second time I will help them. I am an A-Hole and I approve this message

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbillh77 View Post
    This is going to happen more and more. A phone or touch is one thing. A bright 10" screen is another it can be distracting. I just got done with a year on probation for disorderly conduct because a DB got two calls in a theater. Now the theater has a very strict cell phone policy. I won, twice. Now if I bought a ticket to something and some geek or fanboy has to get out something with a big bright screen I will ask them nicely to put it away once. Second time I will help them. I am an A-Hole and I approve this message
    you better watch out who you touch seems like you had an anger issue once in the theater. might want to learn something from that, especially getting physical with somebody.

there are people out there that might happen to be LEO's, and you could get into a lot of trouble with that if you get physical with one.

or, you could be at an oakland A's game (like me a few weeks ago), and i think there are a lot of people there you would not want to come in contact with

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

LEO's are ppl to and can be beat. Its only a Law Enforcement Officer if in uniform. Don't take it the wrong way. I am a nice guy with anger issues I did pass anger management (cond of probation). I did learn though 1 big event can make a theater a better place I would do it again if I had to Most LEO's would respect others space I did say I would ask nicely once.
    Last edited by bbillh77; 05-25-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Yes its fast. No you can't ride it. But I will let your girl tell you about it.

Thanks

just be sure to get a Tasering video posted on youtube

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

"but its just a giant ipod touch!!!!111"

Thanks

just saw an iPad commercial on TV where it says "the iPad can go anywhere"

yeah, except to Yankee Stadium

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Go Yankees
    go mets ;]
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Pretty stupid ban. Maybe the those dumb yanks don't wanna be liable if a ball comes screeching ur way, nails ur ipad and breaks it, or a idiot drunk Yankee fan spills beer on it or falls on u and breaks it. I guess the ballpark isn't the safest envirornment for ur ipad.....but that should be up to the owner of the device.
    totally agree

Thanks

Ugh now I can't play Real Racing HD or explore the elements of the periodic table while watching the game at Yankee Stadium....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buddyf View Post

anyone thats brings an ipad to a live baseball game needs their head examined.why pay good money to see the game and bring a tablet so you can nerd it up aswell.....seriously lame
    Maybe you are going to the game with your family and hate baseball. I could care less about sports, but if I had kids that wanted to go I wouldn't deprive them. The food is also amazing at ball parks. It's worth the tickets just to get some dogs man!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I'm confussed why you would even need to bring your iPad to Yankee Stafium??? You go there to catch a game and drink some beer!