+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PadLauncher

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I don't really background on the iPad much... why? Well, because it has the same amount of RAM as the iPhone 3GS, yet has much more memory intensive programs. Running
    Thanks

I don't really background on the iPad much... why? Well, because it has the same amount of RAM as the iPhone 3GS, yet has much more memory intensive programs. Running a couple applications gets me down to 30mb or less free memory... it takes like 5 to sometimes 10 applications on the iPhone to do that.

Either way, I'm glad to see some sort of app switcher being worked on. I don't know what Apple is going to do with the iPad and OS4 since the memory is so limited for how memory heavy the apps seem to be.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks really cool! Thanks for the work. And as a couple people have noted, whatever Apple's got in the works for 4.0, it's not going to be a full-on background process doing whatever it wants. It's pretty limited, which is cool (battery life, RAM, blah, blah). But there are plenty of cases where Apple's solution isn't ideal. I'm glad to see this and will be first in line to snag it.

Thanks

Well, I have never used any backgrounding app for the phone and pad. But I am beginning to wonder if I should use one of the many that are available. Until this PadLauncher is released, anyone have any suggestions on the better app to use on my phone and/or pad?
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy1 View Post
    This app seems to allow ALL apps to background and switch. Remember, iPhone OS4 may not let EVERY app background, only ones "approved" by apple, and then "approved" once again by apple to background. That means all of these jailbroken apps will not be "approved" by apple. Realize that we don't even know when OS4 is coming for the iPad, much less when the jailbreak will happen for the iPad and then again when someone can hack into the code to allow jailbroken apps to use the backgrounding functions of OS 4.

Reminds me of a snickers commercial.... Not going anywhere for a while.....

I'd be happy to use this app, thanks for the work!

Jon

From what I have seen in my own apps, coding them for multitasking is easy, once we jailbreak, anyone submitting apps to cydia can take advantage of it without apples consent.

Thanks

do iphone app switcher programs not work on ipad? p.s. love the song selection
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Nice work dev!

Thanks

looks pretty sick Z3r01
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

wow! there are so many ingrates in the mmi community -

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Thanks, Jon. Noons don't seem to understand that just because multitasking is going to come in 4.0, does not mean that every app will get to sit in the background. As a matter of fact, most apps will likely not background in 4.0, as it is not necessarily ideal for every app to background. Great example being cydia. This seems a lot like circuitous, spelling?, which I thought was nice for it's minimalist design. I still am partial to ProSwitcher, which is still in development for iPad, for those who follow chpwn on the Twitter.

So to wrap it up: Noobs! 4.0 is not your messiah, as you commonly think!
    Well said. I have been using it for a couple weeks and think it is great. This board has become an odd place since the ipad has come out. Rules being broken over and over and many seem to not be long term users of what the modding community here stands for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

I was hoping he'd find some way to update circuitous to work on the iPad and iPhone, but I guess a whole new app isn't that bad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, I happen to be the dev of this project (and of Circuitous). I am currently combining Circuitous and PadLauncher into one app (which will be called Circuitous). This is a beta hence why it is not released yet. This is why it seems "buggy" and "slow". Just because 4.0 is coming does not mean that my apps will not work. I will be porting it to 4.0, and I believe my version will be better than 4.0's.
    Just a couple of features to point out:
    Favorites
    Hidden Apps
    Gestures to close/background the top app
    All Orientations
    An icon on SpringBoard to show the dock

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheZimm For This Useful Post:

Rican Bx Bomba (05-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheZimm View Post
    Hey guys, I happen to be the dev of this project (and of Circuitous). I am currently combining Circuitous and PadLauncher into one app (which will be called Circuitous). This is a beta hence why it is not released yet. This is why it seems "buggy" and "slow". Just because 4.0 is coming does not mean that my apps will not work. I will be porting it to 4.0, and I believe my version will be better than 4.0's.
    Just a couple of features to point out:
    Favorites
    Hidden Apps
    Gestures to close/background the top app
    All Orientations
    An icon on SpringBoard to show the dock
    Oh nice. Now you'll just have to support one app.

Yeah, they don't seem to understand that 4.0 isn't even coming until Fall... I sure as hell don't feel like waiting that long for multitasking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Thanks, Jon. Noons don't seem to understand that just because multitasking is going to come in 4.0, does not mean that every app will get to sit in the background. As a matter of fact, most apps will likely not background in 4.0, as it is not necessarily ideal for every app to background. Great example being cydia. This seems a lot like circuitous, spelling?, which I thought was nice for it's minimalist design. I still am partial to ProSwitcher, which is still in development for iPad, for those who follow chpwn on the Twitter.

So to wrap it up: Noobs! 4.0 is not your messiah, as you commonly think!
    If multitasking was important to people with an Iphone they wouldn't own an Iphone.

Multitasking on an Iphone is generally only for kids to show off to their friends how many apps they can run at the same time. Freud would probably say it has something to do with having a s
    Last edited by z3r01; 05-24-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ...
    I'm using the app now (beta) and it's awesome. When released, you will not be disappointed. Have some respect for the developer....

Quote Originally Posted by redcard;
    If multitasking was important to people with an Iphone they wouldn't own an Iphone.

Multitasking on an Iphone is generally only for kids to show off to their friends how many apps they can run at the same time. Freud would probably say it has something to do with having a s.
    -----handled already-----

z3r01..
    Last edited by z3r01; 05-24-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jboone View Post
    I'm using the app now (beta) and it's awesome. When released, you will not be disappointed. Have some respect for the developer....

Oh come on, you know the majority here are kids with no respect. They just want their free apps and themes.

Also, how did you get a beta? I would be interesting in testing out this app. Been waiting for this exact app since we got a jailbreak.
    Last edited by z3r01; 05-24-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would love to beta test this! Looks like an awesome app
    Last edited by jimmie geddes; 05-24-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

Thanks

just updated the first post with my video, it runs awesome
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

CStap (05-24-2010)

Thanks
    Me likey..

When will this be available?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How do we beta test. And when will this be available?
    No signature links.... only warning

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow I just went through and read every post on here... At least guys that use other apps are respectful about it. Honestly you guys should be happy devs like us even release jailbreaks to the community. Be thankful all....

Now, circuitous will be taking on this look on the iPhone as well most likely. Complete rewrite, cleaner, more efficient. It will be free and should (do not quote me) be out pretty soon. Found a couple bugs and have a few more features to implement still though.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TheZimm For This Useful Post:

jimmie geddes (05-25-2010)