Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soaring Demand for iPad

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Soaring Demand for iPad

With surveys indicating sky-high customer satisfaction and large, growing demand, Apple's gamble with the iPad seems to be paying off richly. New estimates suggest that Apple is selling more iPads than Macs - with 200,000 sold every week, almost as many iPads as iPhones - and the number continues to grow as demand remains high. Meanwhile, new iPad owners report what one pollster calls "nose-bleed satisfaction numbers" as high as 91%.

The consumer research firm ChangeWave released two surveys today. As reported in Computerworld and elsewhere, asked 3,174 people how likely they were to buy an iPad, and the other checked in with 153 new iPad owners to see how satisfied they were with their purchase. 7 percent of the people ChangeWave asked about buying an iPad said they thought they were "very likely" going to do so, and another 13 percent said they were "somewhat likely:" meaning that a staggering one in five random people surveyed thought there was a good chance they'd buy the device, most of them within six months.

And what about people who have already made the decision to buy? Three-quarters of them said that they were "very satisfied" with the iPad, and another 17% said they were "somewhat satisfied." Paul Carton, ChangeWave's research director, compared these statistics to another blockbuster Apple device. "Apple is reaching the kind of nose-bleed satisfaction numbers of iPhone owners," he said Carton. "A 91% satisfied rating is a very good beginning for Apple, to say the least."

The most significant disappointments with the iPad are the fact that there's no camera, which bothered 29% of owners, and the absence of USB, pointed out by 10%. The same number objected to the lack of Flash support." Carton said this was, in essence, nothing to worry about, saying that there was "no smoking gun" of broad dissatisfaction. "There's nothing here reaching the 25%-30% mark," he said, "nothing here that stands out."

AppleInsider reports that the iPad is selling like hotcakes as a result: according to an analyst with RBC Capital Markets "sustained word-of-mouth" is pushing sales up to the level of the iPhone 3GS, which sold 246,000 in the first quarter of this year. Checks of retail sales indicate 200,000 iPads are being sold each month, almost double the number of Macs.

Really??? Well that means there are more die-hard Apple fans than one would have thought ...and the numbers would surely grow when the 4G is released!!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 05-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Selling like hot cakes in the USA only. My friends want an iPad but they all find the 429 price tag too high so won't buy it.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

I knew this would happen. Wait til they start selling them in Wal-Mart.

never would of guessed the numbers would be this high a month after release.

i feel like those numbers are not accurate. I have seen ONE iPad since there release. I Hope Apple isn't trying to pull any funny stuff on their investors!
    it's just a plant. Thats all it is. And if you happen to set it on fire...there are some effects...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really find it hard to believe that they asked people if they were happy Apple left out an overwhelmingly easy-to-add option that would make it easier to interact with the web, and 90% of them said yes. Maybe they only polled the hipsters endlessly sitting in starbucks while sipping down an iced late.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Selling like hot cakes in the USA only. My friends want an iPad but they all find the 429 price tag too high so won't buy it.

I totally agree on the price tag issue, as do many others...however, the satisfaction percentages they have there are still questionable (especially with no camera???)
    On the bright side though, there'll be some sort of sales in summer hopefully...especially if projection figures are not met
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 05-20-2010 at 03:25 PM.

here in the UK they are so overpriced...

Quote Originally Posted by iStoner View Post
    i feel like those numbers are not accurate. I have seen ONE iPad since there release. I Hope Apple isn't trying to pull any funny stuff on their investors!
    this. except i never seen one

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I totally agree on the price tag issue, as do many others...however, the satisfaction percentages they have there are still questionable (especially with no camera???)
    On the bright side though, there'll be some sort of sales in summer hopefully...especially if projection figures are not met
    Most people buying it know what it has and doesn't so of course they aren't going to say unhappy else they wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Those two things Flash/no Camera bug me too but I would say I am very happy. I was so happy in the first week that I bought a second one for my GF and she loves it as well.

Thanks

Really??? Well that means there are more die-hard Apple fans than one would have thought ...and the numbers would surely grow when the 4G is released!!
    I have an Iphone. I'm not a die-hard Apple fan. I bought an Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    I really find it hard to believe that they asked people if they were happy Apple left out an overwhelmingly easy-to-add option that would make it easier to interact with the web, and 90% of them said yes. Maybe they only polled the hipsters endlessly sitting in starbucks while sipping down an iced late.
    Maybe most people don't care if they have flash or not. Don't assume you know what people want, you obviously don't

Quote Originally Posted by iStoner View Post
    Don't be so ridiculous. Statements like this show you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe people use their Ipads indoors for the most part, especially those without 3G

Quote Originally Posted by extremzocker View Post
    here in the UK they are so overpriced...
    You know what they say, if you have to ask the price of something maybe you can't afford it. It's not overpriced for the people that want one and can afford one

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Maybe you need new friends

Why does an Ipad need a camera? How are you going to use it? Are you going to stand there holding it at your face like a lunatic?
    Last edited by redcard; 05-20-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

@Redcard You talk a lot of sh*te. How u can say it's not over priced in the UK. If the basic model was $700 in the US you'd be OK with that would you?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Real_Iphonecrazy For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (05-20-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    @Redcard You talk a lot of sh*te. How u can say it's not over priced in the UK. If the basic model was $700 in the US you'd be OK with that would you?
    It's overpriced for you. It's not overpriced for me.

Do you think a Rolls Royce is overpriced? Probably. But you're never gonna buy one anyway.

You don't need to insult me cos you're jealous
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

If u have to ask the price of something you can't afford it, what? You can't be much older than 17 if you are you must live a very sheltered life or a very rich dady.

Thanks

If u have to ask the price of something you can't afford it, what? You can't be much older than 17 if you are you must live a very sheltered life or a very rich dady.
    If you've never heard that saying before then I'm thinking you're closer to 17 than I am and you're the one that's led a sheltered life. Am I right?

But then you've got a 2.7Gig CPU so you obviously know more about tech than I do.

I had an Acer Aspire too, I gave it to my mom
    Last edited by redcard; 05-20-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Don't pretend to know what car I drive. I understand quality and most of the time I don't mind paying a premium for it. It just p1sses me of when companys like Apple have a price structure that doesn't make a lot of sence, a bit like you. I drive a BMW M6 convertible by the way and I didn't complain about the price I paid, on the other hand I didn't give the dealership a blank check.

2.7gig quad core and that was put up two years ago, got better things to do than update my profile everytime I buy a new PC.

Don't really want to keep this up so I digest we agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 05-20-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh you and your typical elitist posts yet again redcard.

I as well have only seen one iPad in the wild, and I live in a rather wealthy area. After using it at my buddies house for a couple of hours, I quickly came to the conclusion that it isn't for me and that I will stick with a laptop for now.

Thanks

Don't pretend to know what car I drive. I understand quality and most of the time I don't mind paying a premium for it. It just p1sses me of when companys like Apple have a price structure that doesn't make a lot of sence, a bit like you. I drive a BMW M6 convertible by the way and I didn't complain about the price I paid, on the other hand I didn't give the dealership a blank check.
    I hope you didn't give them a 'cheque', it would probably have bounced cos you spelled your name wrong.

The price structure does make sense. The Ipad is more expensive than an Ipod Touch and cheaper than a MacBook.

What year is your M6?

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Oh you and your typical elitist posts yet again redcard.

I as well have only seen one iPad in the wild, and I live in a rather wealthy area. After using it at my buddies house for a couple of hours, I quickly came to the conclusion that it isn't for me and that I will stick with a laptop for now.
    So you think Apple are lying about their sales figures? I explained above. It's not a phone, people use them indoors.
    Last edited by redcard; 05-20-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

*Sugest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast