Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soaring Demand for iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post

2.7gig quad core and that was put up two years ago, got better things to do than update my profile everytime I buy a new PC.
    My point was: there's no such thing as a 2.7Gig CPU.

That's why you have no credibility as a tech consumer
    To live, you have to lie

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

The price structure makes sense in the USA but not in the UK. It's heck of a lot more than an iPod Touch and does basically the same stuff as an iPod Touch. MacBook is in a different league to iPad.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I said I'll agree to disagree, got things to do.

The M6 is two years old, Im looking at trading it in for the new Audi R8 V10

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

A camera would be nice if you are doing video chat, but i don't care
    about video chatting that is why a have my macbook pro for, and the usb would be nice but again but i don't needed and most people would not us it just to load picture or tranfer files in that case i may use it to do work on iwork on the go, but not major thing. I love my ipad is my little best friend next to my mbp.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

I do appologise, it was a 2.8 quad core liquid cooled two Nividia graphic cards 3gig of ram if I remember right.

I'm out of here sorry if I've pissed any one of, not my intension.

I've got to agree with metalicafan tho,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    The price structure makes sense in the USA but not in the UK. It's heck of a lot more than an iPod Touch and does basically the same stuff as an iPod Touch. MacBook is in a different league to iPad.
    The price structure is virtually identical. The change in exchange rates the last year and the fact that US prices don't include tax has probably confused you!

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    I do appologise, it was a 2.8 quad core liquid cooled two Nividia graphic cards 3gig of ram if I remember right.

I'm out of here sorry if I've pissed any one of, not my intension.

I've got to agree with metalicafan tho,
    You're being ridiculous. A 2010 M6 costs 70K in the US and about 90K in the UK.

I can't take you seriously when you're complaining the Ipad costs about 30 more
    Last edited by redcard; 05-20-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

Why the hell does everyone keep bleating about why is the iPad assumed to be so damned expensive in the UK??

Do your research before opening your mouth.

Here is goes:

US price EX sales tax $499

UK price EX VAT = 365.11

Exchange rate today = 1.433 USD to UK Pound

That makes iPad today 347.74 UK pounds EX VAT imported NOT including customs duty.

There is ONLY 17.37 difference in the price!

So are we being ripped off??? NO

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Something is wrong with these numbers: The opening paragraph states 200,000 iPads are being sold each week. The closing paragraph states 200,000 iPads are being sold each month. The latter seems the more accurate number. Which is it?

Real_Iphonecrazy, you do talk cr*p, read my post above and you will see how wrong you are!

Whats with all the cr*p about cars , who gives a sh*t what car you drive, you obviously suffer from
    little person syndrome if you have to resort the that sort of cr*p.

Who cares if you drive an M6 and are going to trade up for the R8?

If you are really that bothered about 17 quid on an iPad , why the hell are you buying an R8 in the UK?

Dont fancy the R8 V10, the engine is too small ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Something is wrong with these numbers: The opening paragraph states 200,000 iPads are being sold each week. The closing paragraph states 200,000 iPads are being sold each month. The latter seems the more accurate number. Which is it?
    Its 200,000 per week

AppleInsider | Apple's iPad believed to be outselling Macs in the US
    Last edited by dalep; 05-20-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dalep, your figures are correct bud, and yes you are right being that the iPad IS NOT overpriced in comparison. I sat up and waited patiently in the early hours of Monday 10th, and the Apple store closed just after 12am. It re-opened about 1.20am and i was in there like Jack Sh** placing my order. So come next Friday(28th) i will be pacing around my house waiting for the doorbell to ring announcing the delivery of my shiny new 3G 64GB iPad and protective case. I paid a total of just short of 730............and the point being IT WAS WORTH EVERY 'REASONABLY PRICED' PENNY!!

The people who just dont want one (or cant afford one;-) please stop moaning and sounding bitter, and if i hear one more time..."all it is, is a giant ipod touch".......i'll fuc***g scream lol

after a while the ipad sales will cool off
    in the words of Axel Rose: Nothing lasts forever in the cold november rain
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

ipad killer on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nvidia's Android Tablet: Okay, I Could Want This
    Theming, A New Friendship??

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    after a while the ipad sales will cool off
    in the words of Axel Rose: Nothing lasts forever in the cold november rain
    Last solo is the best solo I've ever heard. It's sooooooo good. Slash ftw.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Does my unlimited data plan with AT&T also work for the iPad, or do I need a separate unlimited data plan, so I can get 2xunlimited? Or can I just tether my iPhone to the iPad?

I don't think people realize how much of something you have to sell before you begin seeing it everywhere.

As much as the iphone has sold, it still not as common place. It's gotten better. It used to be I was the only person with an Iphone, and now I'm seeing a lot more people with them. On TV shows you seem the Iphone constantly now.

if you have the 3G you need a separate plan, but a contract is not required. you can do it month to month.

if you jailbreak your iphone and install mywi on your iphone you can tether your ipad. that is what most people here have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Does my unlimited data plan with AT&T also work for the iPad, or do I need a separate unlimited data plan, so I can get 2xunlimited? Or can I just tether my iPhone to the iPad?
    Last edited by Harambur; 05-20-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@redcard

calm down macdonald

I expected this to happen, i work for Best Buy so i get to experience this first hand. As soon as a new shipment gets in, there gone within' the hour. And when it comes to product satisfaction Apple has my vote, i have yet to come across any issues with my iPad accept the little blue lego where Flash is suppose to be.

Follow Me on Twitter @Markanthony3211
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

@neildunne

Your welcome, my mate works for BA so whizzed me a 64gb wifi the day after launch, i showed it to many friends, all loved it, so when the 3G came out, he did the same, i sold the wifi for the same as i paid for it.

Built in camera? no real loss to me, do i really want to video conference with people looking up my nose - no.

No flash, i have not missed it on the iPhone, so I wont miss it now

Its a big iPod touch so I don't need it..... Yes Fine, if you like a 3.5" screen lol

Its slick, if fast and it just works very very well.

Love it!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ipad's not bad... but apple has the tendency of releasing products later on with "new" features when it should have released it from the beginning with them, so i'll just wait to see what up their sleep. i love my laptop.

200,000 a week? That's crazy! Yeah they sold what like over a quarter mil the first day? Still that seems nuts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast