+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your Cash is Good! Apple Reverses Payment Policy

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by iLaw-One Hmmm... are they really reversing this silly policy because they've had a change of heart or because sales are turning out less than expected? No. They
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Hmmm... are they really reversing this silly policy because they've had a change of heart or because sales are turning out less than expected?

No. They reversed the policy simply because of the bad press they got. In the business world that's all it takes. WoM, aka Word of Mouth is a very powerful and effective way to either boost sales or create enough negative light that it stalemates it some. Had the media never profiled that women the policy would still be in effect. Apple used that little negative press to generate some free good press. As people in Radio say, all press, even bad press is, is good press. It's like getting a free plug.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    It was the same with the first generation iphone, when it was sold for 400 bucks withouth a contract. the first time I went and asked to buy 10 iphones and wanted to pay cash, I was declined the sale, but they're so smart (being ironic) that I just bought a gift card for 4280 (or whatever was the price for 10 iphones with tax) and returned the next day with the gift card and bought 10 iphones... LOL why not accept the cash on the first place?? I did this at 3 different apple stores every 3 weeks and I was never declined a sale again because "it was not cash" even tho I was purchasing the gift card and using it the same day on the same store just a couple of hours later
    This is awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    I brought cash for the iPhone 3GS and stood in line for hours and it wasn't an issue. They just had me get a gift card first.
    That's a good point, why weren't they all doing that. Im assuming they make commission. I'd be doing anything possible to make the sale rather than refusing people.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default $$$$$$$$
    It seems to me that Apple would rather have cash than plastic. With plastic you run the risk of not getting paid.
    I think their reasoning behind this could be the fact that the amount of cash in the store would be STAGGERING the first month of iPad release. Giving criminals a damn good reason to walk in the store with an iShotgun and freakin iSnap!!!!
    Could be wrong but this is my opinion, can't figure any other reason to not accept cash...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12