Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forget the iPhone, BlackBerry May Take on the iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for the competition. Every new product that gains traction forces Apple to respond with updates and upgrades. Progress on all fronts is great. But Blackberry? Three years in aren't we still waiting to see the "iPhone-killer"?

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    if "PC" companies start to jump into the tablet market then Apple is going to go down in a ball of flames! Apple won't be outdone by one company in particular... Apple will be overtaken by the flood of tablets and the freedom those tablets offer over what the iPad can offer.

The iPod/iPhone market yeah... but the closer the fight comes to "computer" type markets... i just dont see how Apple could win...

tim
    I agree fully mate

So this product isn't even going to have Wifi connectivity unless it's hooked up to a Blackberry phone? Way to alienate most of your potential customers.

Maybe it'll have a big scroll ball for navigating just like some of the phones do haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    I agree fully mate
    The iPad would have been a slam dunk if Apple had included video out and USB ports. As much as Apple is trying to make us believe that the iPad is not competing with netbooks... it actually is. Because come on... who really buys eBook readers? Anybody? umm... no! Because I can just buy a real book for $10.

If Apple would just get over themselves and give the next iPad some input and output ports then more people would buy the iPad. And future sales would be locked down. Heck, I might even get one if they did this ^

As it stands... I will be buying a netbook (when the time comes) and then installing OSX86. Heck... I can build a smokin' fast computer and install OSX86 for about 1/5 of the cost of a Mac Pro Desktop.

I'm a huge fan of Apple OSX but not a huge fan of high prices and heavy restrictions. Thats why I jailbreak my iPhones and install my store bought copy of Snow Leopard on my PC's.

tim

6. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (05-16-2010)

You guys are thinking of this all wrong. As everyother poster has said BB is mainly an enterprise phone. If RIM were to do this right, there is nothing stopping these corporations from buying the tablet as well. Why would a company rather pay for a laptop over a tablet if the tablet will have access to the company files and network from anywhere the BB goes. I think if they do it right corps will eat it up.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Blackberry is out of there league, they need to stop now before they get embarrassed! If you can't compete with the iPhone, what makes you think you can compete with the iPad???
    How exactly are they not competing with the iPhone? There are far more Blackberrys used in business than iPhones. Rightfully so. The iPhone is not in a position to take that away either.

As far as tablets go...the first tablet that comes out that isn't restricted as to what you can do with it will draw far more attention than the iPad.

Ok, Blackberries are what they want, need, and have in businesses. They tried out iPhones a while back when the 3G came out at my dad's work, but only very few stuck with it. For one, BlackBerries have enormous battery life, they have a physical keyboard, and it's the phone many businesses hand out to their employees. iPhone is more of a consumer phone, like for me, so they really don't compete with each other. But yeah, iPhone did try to enter with businesses, but it did not play too well with most of them.

I've never owned or used a Blackberry but I consider it as more of a work related phone than a fun type of phone such as the iPhone. The iPad is another fun type of device which I don't need. I want a tablet that is a little more productive when it comes to accessing files and running applications. I think the jailbreak is the only thing helping the iDevices. We are also forgetting there's a loyal Blackberry fan base out there that may put this future tablet up there with Apple.

Can we really even call the ipad a tablet? It's just an overgrown iPod touch with not really a computer os....

Just think of it this way. Mom and Dad with careers(white collar) not jobs use Blackberry to pay the bills and buy the kids toys(iphone)to play with. I tried iphone, and gave it to my son after a while. Iphone is great for personal use not so much in the corporate world. It's getting better and maybe the next one will be what I'm waiting for. Also hoping next ipad has forward facing camera. It's nice to video chat and would be awesome on a device like the ipad with built in 3g and maybe an even faster network in the future. Apple definitely has potential. It's a shame they feel they have to sell you another one every year with the options that should have been on the first one of their devices. I could excuse that if they were a start up company in tech.

Will wait to see what next versions have to offer.

gotta give rim some credit for tryin', considering how far they are behind the curve...

What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Thanks
    srry blackberry ipads got u beat by a lot
    theres noooo way a crappy blackberry can even upset the sales of th beautifully made ipad.....that i still havent bought :/ birthdays comin up tho =D

Green Apple
    Thanks

I still havent understood what is so great about the glorified ipod touch (ipad). Is there something there anything you can do on the iPad that i cant do on my iPhone?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iJake View Post
    I dare say majority of RIM-BlackBerry users are businesses, .... iPhones are consumer based and that's that
    This is the key...... this has always been the key!!

Apple has never fully embraced the business/enterprise market -- instead relying on the much bigger, less sophisticated, and less demanding consumer market. Apple won the consumers. Great job!

However, there IS a huge market to businesses. Apple won't (and can't) win that one. Business/enterprise customers demand freedom and will not allow Steve Jobs to dictate how/when/where/why.

Someone else will embrace (and fully) support the business market and make a killing. It sure won't be Apple!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think the act that you have to have a Blackberry to use the tablet is a big fail.

I think iPad is an oversized iPod touch.

And I think tablets are overrated. The tablet world will never interest me-- thats what a laptop is for.

The argument that Blackberry is dominating in the corporate world is a given, but thats not the audience that really matters. Its the general public.

Blackberry and Apple shouldnt be put side by side as competition--they satisfy two different audiences. Leave it at that. RIM's tablet can make businesses happy and iPads can make the general public happy. Its a competition in which no winner will come out on top, just a lot of controversy.

fat chance that they take over the ipad

RIM devices are returned on a daily bases all my friends talked blackberry this and blackberry that then turned around and bought an Apple iPhone just to jailbreak it like my IDevice pluss everyone that got an iPhone got an iPodTouch or an iPad as well for mom dad or the kids. We IDevice lovers will never trade in our apple Products never and the AppStore rules and jailbreaking your IDevice gives you Cydia and all the bells and whistles like free paid apps from the AppStore custom themes and 3rd party apps like uniroms and movies. Plus I read that 79% of sprint and version users have apple iPhone fever so add up the millions of AT&T and tmobile users that have iPhones then all the people that want one apple will destroy it's compition like mike Tyson did his compition. One more thing apple launched the first iPhone in 07 the patent last 7 years and they're still submiting patents to this day. The comp blackberry android google market needs to produce something out of this world like holograms or projectors and a better touchscreen user interface and app market before they can think about stepping to the all mighty Apple

To the guy that said blackberry is for professional get your head out your Azz all the people in califorina use iPhones the price really never goes down check craigslist or ebay and you'll see how good the resale of the iPhone apple company products are it's true they need to relase they're hold over the consumers but a little spirit will free you from they're strong hold over you. And it's a false statement to say only the professional Corp people use Blackberrys most of the retail stores here in Sacramento I see employes using the best selling smartphone up to date (iPhone) blackberry will never catch up I'll bet the new iPhone HD will put all you blackberry fanGirls back in place like it is now. When the iPhone first came out there were lines ten city blocks long now the iPad sold over a million devices the first month out blackberry RIM can and will never make those kinds of numbers ever plus were giving the handheld gaming creators a real run for their money. Sony Psp Nintendo DS has seen a huge drop in sales because of the apple empire and it's growing strong really unstoppable. Other than service providers apple is kicking *** in the market and if version gets an iPhone I think 60% of blackberry market will defect to the iPhone only time will tell we'll see this June how blackberry fairs against the jolly green giant Apple.
    Last edited by bignighttrain; 05-16-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PLAIN AND SIMPLE, any and ALL competition in the tablet market IS A GOOD THING! It only leads to better devices, and often pushes Apple to be more open. Always, always, always welcome competition, even if you drink the Apple koolaid every morning.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

let blackberry's smart phones win above iphones... then let them consider competing with the ipad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast