Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Verizon Working with Google on iPad-Killer?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by djnikk View Post
    Seriously guys, think about it.. How can Google possibly make a better tablet out of Android..... I'm serious.. I don't think so :P
    To be honest, I'm not sold on an Android tablet. I'm really interested in seeing how WebOS works out on the HP tablet though. It's a VERY nice mobile OS. I'd go so far to say that if it had more/better developers, it would be better than Android. Too bad it didn't save Palm from going under.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Exactly, people think Android is the sh*t but it cannot do anything.
    Let's separate the opinion from fact here. What exactly can Android not "do" that the iPhone can? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't "do" anything. It's much more open than the iPhone OS.

  2. #22
    Jeez everyone nowadays love to buy all sorts of pads..

  3. #23
    Who cares...I wanna see the final product before I make up my mind....I mean you never know, maybe it does turn out to be nice.

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    This "killer" term is getting really annoying. Does anyone think people are ever going to stop buying Apple's products simply because there is a competitor?

  5. #25
    I know this is an Apple forum, but you're all fanboys. Really? Yeah, the iPad is pretty cool, as are all of Apple's products, but they repeatedly cut out features that should be there from the start. They marketed an iPhone on copy and paste... I'm pretty sure Android based devices had that...

    Android based tablets are going for less than half the price currently; since it's growing and more people dev for it, I'm pretty sure it'll be better. Grow up and realize that Apple isn't the be all and end all of whatever market they step into.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariCUBU View Post
    Every recent smartphone or tablet idea has been sited as "an iPhone/iPad killer". I'll believe it when I see it.
    Amen my friend...AMEN!

    Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    although the actual "computing" you can do with an iPad is debatable.
    This is very true...I can easily go in on this topic but for now i'll leave it for another day.
    Last edited by elite_jounin; 05-13-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #27
    Default I think the proper title is
    Verizon Working with Google on Killed-by-iPad...

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to -=viper=- For This Useful Post:

    eZStaR (05-13-2010)

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sold on an Android tablet. I'm really interested in seeing how WebOS works out on the HP tablet though. It's a VERY nice mobile OS. I'd go so far to say that if it had more/better developers, it would be better than Android. Too bad it didn't save Palm from going under.



    Let's separate the opinion from fact here. What exactly can Android not "do" that the iPhone can? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't "do" anything. It's much more open than the iPhone OS.
    Apparently you've never seen the applications whom the iPhone is capable of. Android has nothing special except ripped off App store. On top of that "tethering." You can tether your itouch/iphone by jailbreaking. Jailbreaking = Free amazing apps, customizing etc.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Apparently you've never seen the applications whom the iPhone is capable of. Android has nothing special except ripped off App store. On top of that "tethering." You can tether your itouch/iphone by jailbreaking. Jailbreaking = Free amazing apps, customizing etc.
    I had an iPhone for three years since the first generation came out. I was, and still am, the one everyone comes to to jailbreak their iPods, iPhones, and iPads and to find out about the cool new things you could do with it. Things that Blackberries and dumbphones had for years, i.e. copy and paste, multitasking, etc.

    Everything you just described, a Droid can do without any modification whatsoever. And once you do the Android equivalent of jailbreaking, you can do all kinds of things you can't on the iPhone, like overclocking the processor to over double the factory speed and actually getting better battery life (by setting CPU profiles) with a massive performance gain.

    Then there's this, which is a nice touch:

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y7XJI4NN7k]YouTube - Flash Player on Mobile Devices[/ame]

    It's obvious that you have blindly aligned yourself with Apple though and can't accept that there is competition out there, or even concede that other phones are not actually copies. Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for their marketing department.

    EDIT: I also find it kind of funny how some really hate Android, yet this thread is incredibly popular with all kinds of people going "Yay, Android! And Flash!".

    planetbeing Boots Android on iPhone

    Seems rather hypocritical.
    Last edited by Success.Is.Sweet; 05-13-2010 at 07:56 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Success.Is.Sweet For This Useful Post:

    mortopher (05-13-2010)

  12. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    I had an iPhone for three years since the first generation came out. I was, and still am, the one everyone comes to to jailbreak their iPods, iPhones, and iPads and to find out about the cool new things you could do with it. Things that Blackberries and dumbphones had for years, i.e. copy and paste, multitasking, etc.

    Everything you just described, a Droid can do without any modification whatsoever. And once you do the Android equivalent of jailbreaking, you can do all kinds of things you can't on the iPhone, like overclocking the processor to over double the factory speed and actually getting better battery life (by setting CPU profiles) with a massive performance gain.

    Then there's this, which is a nice touch:

    YouTube - Flash Player on Mobile Devices

    It's obvious that you have blindly aligned yourself with Apple though and can't accept that there is competition out there, or even concede that other phones are not actually copies. Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for their marketing department.

    EDIT: I also find it kind of funny how some really hate Android, yet this thread is incredibly popular with all kinds of people going "Yay, Android! And Flash!".

    Seems rather hypocritical.
    Things that Blackberries and dumbphones had for years, i.e. copy and paste, multitasking, etc.
    - Research how useless multitasking and all those small features are on the so called blackberries and dumbphones. Not only that they cannot handle multitasking, but lose massive amounts of battery aswell. Good example would be droid, multitasking on their usually causes the whole OS to restart, its laggy/buggy. Why have those features if you cannot even make them perfect. Since Apple uses "API's" to multitask, they don't lose any battery in doing so.

    Everything you just described, a Droid can do without any modification whatsoever.
    - You cannot get free apps
    - You cannot even customize your icons/etc to such a extent a iPhone/itouch can.
    - Droid is a sh*t phone, I think I have explained why in one of my other posts. Too lazy to paste the link I used.
    - Im sure I don't have to tell you how the touch screen is horrible. Along with the "higher" mp camera right?

    And once you do the Android equivalent of jailbreaking, you can do all kinds of things you can't on the iPhone, like overclocking the processor to over double the factory speed and actually getting better battery life (by setting CPU profiles)
    - No free apps
    - No customization
    - Overlocking on MANY phones have HUGE consequences, but Im sure you already know since there are millions of people having trouble in losing battery life and so on. So what you can increase your performance for a while? You can do same thing on itouch/iphone although its not "over clocking," its just freeing up ram to increase overall speed, which is also bad.
    - lol at "getting better battery life." You need to research these things my friend, Droid and Nexus are prime exams of failures. Just go search "same droid problems." Or even better go to droidforums, they even give away all the problems of the droid. Funniest part is droid is a CDMA only phone, no GSM. And Im 100% sure no one knew that, which means you cannot take droid to other countries and use it.

    - Did any one else notice how laggy flash is on mobile phones or is that just me? LOL.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-13-2010 at 06:18 PM.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  13. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    One thing that was not shown in any of those demos is how to CONTROL video playback! This is typically done with the "hover" function of the mouse on a PC which isn't possible on a mobile device touch screen. Because of this it looks like there's no way of pausing or doing any kind of controlling the playback at all. This was one of the key things Apple addressed as a weakness.

  14. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - Research how useless multitasking and all those small features are on the so called blackberries and dumbphones. Not only that they cannot handle multitasking, but lose massive amounts of battery aswell. Good example would be droid, multitasking on their usually causes the whole OS to restart, its laggy/buggy. Why have those features if you cannot even make them perfect. Since Apple uses "API's" to multitask, they don't lose any battery in doing so.
    Sources. (Wrong)

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - You cannot get free apps
    Sources. (70% of Android Market is free)

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - You cannot even customize your icons/etc to such a extent a iPhone/itouch can.
    Sources. (Metamorph works like Winterboard, without lag)

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - Droid is a sh*t phone, I think I have explained why in one of my other posts. Too lazy to paste the link I used.
    Opinion, not fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - Im sure I don't have to tell you how the touch screen is horrible. Along with the "higher" mp camera right?
    Opinion, not fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - No free apps
    Sources.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - No customization
    Sources.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - Overlocking on MANY phones have HUGE consequences, but Im sure you already know since there are millions of people having trouble in losing battery life and so on. So what you can increase your performance for a while?
    Sources. (Wrong)

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    You can do same thing on itouch/iphone although its not "over clocking," its just freeing up ram to increase overall speed, which is also bad.
    Wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - lol at "getting better battery life." You need to research these things my friend, Droid and Nexus are prime exams of failures. Just go search "same droid problems." Or even better go to droidforums, they even give away all the problems of the droid. Funniest part is droid is a CDMA only phone, no GSM. And Im 100% sure no one knew that, which means you cannot take droid to other countries and use it.
    Sources. (CPU Profiles let you underdclock while the phone is sleeping, overclock while in use. Custom kernels lower processor voltage, saving massive amounts of battery while overclocked.)

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - Did any one else notice how laggy flash is on mobile phones or is that just me? LOL.
    It's a beta.

    In conclusion: You know nothing about Android. I pity you for thinking you know anything about it, because you just clearly illustrated that you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    One thing that was not shown in any of those demos is how to CONTROL video playback! This is typically done with the "hover" function of the mouse on a PC which isn't possible on a mobile device touch screen. Because of this it looks like there's no way of pausing or doing any kind of controlling the playback at all. This was one of the key things Apple addressed as a weakness.
    I'm concerned about this as well. Currently there's a workaround browser called Skyfire for Android and WinMo (they'll be submitting this browser to the App Store soon as well), and it takes an embedded Flash video and converts it to HTML5 so you can watch it on whatever device you wish. The thing is, the video controls are too clunky for it to be 100% usable. We'll see what happens when it's all said and done. I imagine it'll be similar to the demo above where you long press on the Flash content then the controls may be static until tapping outside? I'm sure Adobe will find a way to make it work, they're on a pretty serious campaign to not let anyone down with mobile Flash since so many people are counting on them to fail.
    Last edited by Success.Is.Sweet; 05-13-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Don't you love all this willy waving?

  15. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    Sources. (Wrong)



    Sources. (70% of Android Market is free)



    Sources. (Metamorph works like Winterboard, without lag)



    Opinion, not fact.



    Opinion, not fact.



    Sources.



    Sources.



    Sources. (Wrong)



    Wrong.



    Sources. (CPU Profiles let you underdclock while the phone is sleeping, overclock while in use. Custom kernels lower processor voltage, saving massive amounts of battery while overclocked.)



    It's a beta.

    In conclusion: You know nothing about Android. I pity you for thinking you know anything about it, because you just clearly illustrated that you don't.



    I'm concerned about this as well. Currently there's a workaround browser called Skyfire for Android and WinMo (they'll be submitting this browser to the App Store soon as well), and it takes an embedded Flash video and converts it to HTML5 so you can watch it on whatever device you wish. The thing is, the video controls are too clunky for it to be 100% usable. We'll see what happens when it's all said and done. I imagine it'll be similar to the demo above where you long press on the Flash content then the controls may be static until tapping outside? I'm sure Adobe will find a way to make it work, they're on a pretty serious campaign to not let anyone down with mobile Flash since so many people are counting on them to fail.
    1) You need to get a clue. My sources are right, and you would find the same sources all over google if you even tried searching.

    2)More like 40% of apps on the Android store are free, compared to iTunes store apps, they are like "demos" instead of full decent games. Not even worthy to be compared with the real App store. Fact not opinion

    3)LOL AT METAMORPH. Every forum I go to check out that application first 10 replies I see are basically these 3 over and over. "No Lag." But buggy as hell. Awesome.

    "I cant get this to work."
    "Droid won't open after I install this."
    "OK, I'm having a huge problem with this. Everytime I open Metamorph it closes and gives me a message that says it won't open, make sure I have enough free space in /system and that busybox is installed. Well I know I have busybox installed and I'm pretty sure there's enough space. What am I doing wrong. I've searched the webs but maybe I didn't search hard enough???"

    4)
    Droid is a sh*t phone, I think I have explained why in one of my other posts. Too lazy to paste the link I used."
    No, I have EXPLAINED why droid is a sh*tty phone. Facts = Not opinions. Get your facts straight.

    5)
    Im sure I don't have to tell you how the touch screen is horrible. Along with the "higher" mp camera right?
    opinion not a fact
    - You don't even know what you are even saying. I suggest you not reply after this. GO to google PLEASE. Type in iPhone Camera vs Droid. Amazing, facts are considered opinions these days or people have just lost their minds. Its amazing.


    6) What I meant by "No free apps" is no "good" free apps. Apparently you have never seen a iTunes App Store. Umm.

    7)
    Overlocking on MANY phones have HUGE consequences, but Im sure you already know since there are millions of people having trouble in losing battery life and so on. So what you can increase your performance for a while?

    Read more about modifications by modmyi.com
    Throughout this post, you have just stated "wrong" "opinion." Yet you don't even know any thing about phones. Hahaha. Go to DroidForums please, they will freakin tell you them selves.

    8)
    (CPU Profiles let you underdclock while the phone is sleeping, overclock while in use. Custom kernels lower processor voltage, saving massive amounts of battery while overclocked.)

    Read more about modifications by modmyi.com
    -LOL DO I EVEN HAVE TO REPLY TO THIS COMMENT LOL. WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE PHONE SLEEPING. Hahahaahhaa. While its in USE, it uses ALOT MORE BATTERY. EVERY phone while asleep hardily uses, if ANY battery.

    9)
    It's a beta.

    In conclusion: You know nothing about Android. I pity you for thinking you know anything about it, because you just clearly illustrated that you don't.

    Read more about modifications by modmyi.com
    Pathetic. You've shown NO valid argument AT ALL. You have just been proven wrong in everything, and all you did say was "sources: wrong" "opinion"

    Get this:
    Facts = Not Opinion
    Proof = Not opinion

    As for flash on mobile browsers, if you don't realize, mobile devices "cannot" handle flash or "fast" at-least, flash on mobile devices will always be laggy.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  16. #34
    Still no sources, just more moronic, opinionated blathering. You need to work on your trolling skills, you're really not good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Don't you love all this willy waving?

  17. #35
    Ok, enough with the comparisions. Each has their facts and opinions that are found. EzStar has massive posts about his facts/opinions in several Android vs iPhone OS in several other threads already.


    Play nice, everyone.

  18. #36
    I do want to see iphone/ipad on verizon, but i will stick it out with att, i just want to see how verizon will get smashed due to iphone/ipad network overload and those funny att vs verizon adds should be great battle

  19. #37
    hmm
    im sad that argument had to end
    there were some valid points arising (had either poster cited actual sources instead of just saying GOOGLE IT)
    ive had every iphone since first gen and been jailbreaking them since um i think it was 1.1.2? cant remember
    and ive started using the nexus and droid since theyve been out
    (because im not tunnelvisioned by apple)
    i quite enjoy their equivalent to jailbreak and i wouldnt say there are more options with it, but there are a lot of big enjoyable differences.
    personally i like them both, and anyone as onesided as some people (cough, ezstar, cough) need to hop off the bandwagon and open their mind to other ideas. stop being a fanboy
    mk mk im done with that
    have a good day

  20. #38
    They're both great phones. Sadly they both attract zealous fanboys like EzStar who will swing off their balls and spout misinformation even if he knows he's wrong. Its entertaining, really.

  21. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    They're both great phones. Sadly they both attract zealous fanboys like EzStar who will swing off their balls and spout misinformation even if he knows he's wrong. Its entertaining, really.

    Im sorry you were dropped on your head while you are a child. I am truly sorry for you.

    Since you consider straight up proven facts opinions your a ret*rd. It's entertaining how one cannot provide any valid arguments, but blindly talks smack. "Spout misinformation." Moron. Every thing you have said before I have proven you wrong. Your just a little failure Android fanboy who will never know the meaning of superior electronics. Gtfo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanofdiamonds View Post
    hmm
    im sad that argument had to end
    there were some valid points arising (had either poster cited actual sources instead of just saying GOOGLE IT)
    ive had every iphone since first gen and been jailbreaking them since um i think it was 1.1.2? cant remember
    and ive started using the nexus and droid since theyve been out
    (because im not tunnelvisioned by apple)
    i quite enjoy their equivalent to jailbreak and i wouldnt say there are more options with it, but there are a lot of big enjoyable differences.
    personally i like them both, and anyone as onesided as some people (cough, ezstar, cough) need to hop off the bandwagon and open their mind to other ideas. stop being a fanboy
    mk mk im done with that
    have a good day
    Maybe instead of me repeating my statements and facts, why not look at my other posts? Not very hard. I have "cited" everything there. Sorry that too many people like you don't understand basic concepts and I have to school you in every post. If you don't mind, but I get very tired of explaining to EVERY SINGLE failure Android fanboy.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-14-2010 at 03:42 PM.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  22. #40
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Since you consider straight up proven facts opinions your a ret*rd.
    As I've told you before, please learn basic English (it's you're, not your) before you try to call people names and attack them as being mentally challenged.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •