+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Gets Snippy About iPad Pricing

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by stulaw11 Face it this is what happens when you he's whining over a $23 US difference in price which is probably import fees/shipping costs? Correct! Some people
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
    Face it this is what happens when you he's whining over a $23 US difference in price which is probably import fees/shipping costs?
    Correct!

Some people must think when Companies import into the UK they just put on the shipping note Granny Jobs sending a "Gift" of 15 containers of iPads to my son Steve Jobs in the UK.. Cuustoms value $18.

It's slightly more different for companies to import into the UK even on a small scale.

You have things like:

Administration Fee's
    Comodity TAX (P.S this can be more than VAT on some item comodity codes)
    VAT 17.5% ( oh and the VAT is charged inclusive of shipping+products value, if you do not have the shipping cost on the invoice at time of import C&E will estimate using current UK prices for shipping these goods and charge accordingly no appeal).

So really some people need to realise things are more expensive in the UK for a reason... That reason is businesses are R-PED on importing goods.

So the Price is fair taking this into consideration if you have to buy in the UK. I my self will be buying abroad through family members, purely because the importing is cheaper for me not because APPLE are making a Billion% extra profit on ipads in the UK... They will be making the same, if not less just to have the price adjusted fairer in countries with crap importation regulations

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

o come on this isnt new, we are just 3 hrs from apple offices and in mexico and we paid 9000+ pesos or 860 dlls for the 16gb 3gs and for the 32gb we paid 11000+ pesos or 950 dlls, and you are crying for 150 dlls+. thats bull

and thats all i have to say about that.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123