+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Is the iPad Eating the Netbook Market?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I get what hes saying, but i just don't see how an iPad would replace any of my devices.
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    I get what hes saying, but i just don't see how an iPad would replace any of my devices.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts

    Just because Steve Jobs says something doesn't mean that the whole world should/will believe him except for some (illogical) mac fans who think ipad is better than netbook/macbook/pc. I cannot stop lol...

    I am a mac fan too, but I have brains as well...

    Buy your pads you all (illogical) mac fans; You really need it...

  3. #23
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    To all the complainers:

    Do us all a favor and don't even open the news section anymore. When 90% of your posts are just knocking the writers and this site, why bother being a member? I don't have a problem with criticism and disagreements with an article but when you disagree with all of them, it seems like you are just asking to be annoyed.
    Plenty of people come to this site just for the news. When the news is written like @$$ (be it biased, poorly worded, not the whole truth, etc.) people will speak out. Some of your best critics are people who speak up only when they see a problem. If it is happening 90% of the time, consider that 10% of what is being written is actually legitimately GOOD! For what it's worth, I am sure the same thing happens (in the form of written and over the phone complaints) with giant newspapers. The difference is, their quality control, along with their budget, is much higher (not a knock, just a simple fact).
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-09-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  4. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,825
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    The decline started before the ipad even existed. I am sure that some people weighed in on netbook vs ipad and bought the ipad. Just as some went the opposite direction. The ipad is not functional enough to compete with the worst netbook out there. People know this.

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Just because Steve Jobs says something doesn't mean that the whole world should/will believe him except for some (illogical) mac fans who think ipad is better than netbook/macbook/pc. I cannot stop lol...

    I am a mac fan too, but I have brains as well...

    Buy your pads you all (illogical) mac fans; You really need it...
    Who said the iPad was better than any of those things you've mentioned? I've not heard that claim. And I've read a ton online.

    Are you confusing the "The best way to experience the web" claim as the "ipad is better than netbook/macbook/pc"?

    That's quite a stretch, dood.


    BTW, the iPad is not a Mac.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Good healthy debate is fine, and the to and fro is what I enjoy, but whacking the columnist isn't fair. Anyone can have an opinion, we all have one. Dissecting the figures is different to reporting facts. We can interpret figures differently, but who's to say what impact the iPad will have, in my opinion (and it is just that), not that much as it is right now. But if it was opened up to be fully functional with a healthy drive attached, then we can compare. Argue the facts but show some respect to those who actually do the research unlike many posters here who fly into a hate filled rant because someone dared to enjoy anything Apple. God forbid, this is an Apple forum. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have a right to attack, unless you have facts to back up your argument. So to the trolls (you know who you are) pull your heads in and lets have some informed, factual debate. A forum is supposed to be a place for the exchange of ideas, information and opinion.
    Last edited by Kroo; 05-09-2010 at 05:12 AM.

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak? XAPHAIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If I had another $6000.00 to spend on a 500GB SSD for an iPad I may consider getting one. Until then Seagate + MBP = Cherry.

    Plus the fact I need to use photoshop....

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 69 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    To all the complainers:

    Do us all a favor and don't even open the news section anymore. When 90% of your posts are just knocking the writers and this site, why bother being a member? I don't have a problem with criticism and disagreements with an article but when you disagree with all of them, it seems like you are just asking to be annoyed.

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    To all the complainers:

    Do us all a favor and don't even open the news section anymore. When 90% of your posts are just knocking the writers and this site, why bother being a member? I don't have a problem with criticism and disagreements with an article but when you disagree with all of them, it seems like you are just asking to be annoyed.
    Change the "news" section to "opinion" and it'll be more accurate. Taking already extremely biased reporting and putting an even more biased twist on it is not news.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    Good healthy debate is fine, and the to and fro is what I enjoy, but whacking the columnist isn't fair. Anyone can have an opinion, we all have one. Dissecting the figures is different to reporting facts. We can interpret figures differently, but who's to say what impact the iPad will have, in my opinion (and it is just that), not that much as it is right now. But if it was opened up to be fully functional with a healthy drive attached, then we can compare. Argue the facts but show some respect to those who actually do the research unlike many posters here who fly into a hate filled rant because someone dared to enjoy anything Apple. God forbid, this is an Apple forum. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have a right to attack, unless you have facts to back up your argument. So to the trolls (you know who you are) pull your heads in and lets have some informed, factual debate. A forum is supposed to be a place for the exchange of ideas, information and opinion.
    If its news, its not supposed to be opinionated.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

  11. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    of course it is
    killall Terminal[]

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    I think this report is a little pre mature also. Besides a couple of people I know that purchased an ipad when they first cameout, I personally don't know any 1 with one. Or for that matter talking about buying an ipad.

  13. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    If the iPad could do the same things as my macbook pro can, i would buy one. OSX on ipad..until then or the prices drop...BLOW ME
    Yeah. You would also buy songs if they were 50c, you would buy movies if they were 99c. Everything is too expensive.

    Then they reduce the prices to 50c and you would only pay 25c, right?

    Why would you want a less powerful Macbook without a keyboard? Strange.
    To live, you have to lie

  14. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,825
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    If its news, its not supposed to be opinionated.
    So you don't watch Fox or CNN I take it? Heh

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts