+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is the iPad Eating the Netbook Market?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I get what hes saying, but i just don't see how an iPad would replace any of my devices.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I get what hes saying, but i just don't see how an iPad would replace any of my devices.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just because Steve Jobs says something doesn't mean that the whole world should/will believe him except for some (illogical) mac fans who think ipad is better than netbook/macbook/pc. I cannot stop lol...

I am a mac fan too, but I have brains as well...

Buy your pads you all (illogical) mac fans; You really need it...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    To all the complainers:

Do us all a favor and don't even open the news section anymore. When 90% of your posts are just knocking the writers and this site, why bother being a member? I don't have a problem with criticism and disagreements with an article but when you disagree with all of them, it seems like you are just asking to be annoyed.
    Plenty of people come to this site just for the news. When the news is written like @$$ (be it biased, poorly worded, not the whole truth, etc.) people will speak out. Some of your best critics are people who speak up only when they see a problem. If it is happening 90% of the time, consider that 10% of what is being written is actually legitimately GOOD! For what it's worth, I am sure the same thing happens (in the form of written and over the phone complaints) with giant newspapers. The difference is, their quality control, along with their budget, is much higher (not a knock, just a simple fact).
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-09-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The decline started before the ipad even existed. I am sure that some people weighed in on netbook vs ipad and bought the ipad. Just as some went the opposite direction. The ipad is not functional enough to compete with the worst netbook out there. People know this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Just because Steve Jobs says something doesn't mean that the whole world should/will believe him except for some (illogical) mac fans who think ipad is better than netbook/macbook/pc. I cannot stop lol...

I am a mac fan too, but I have brains as well...

Buy your pads you all (illogical) mac fans; You really need it...
    Who said the iPad was better than any of those things you've mentioned? I've not heard that claim. And I've read a ton online.

Are you confusing the "The best way to experience the web" claim as the "ipad is better than netbook/macbook/pc"?

That's quite a stretch, dood.

BTW, the iPad is not a Mac.

Banned
    Thanks

Good healthy debate is fine, and the to and fro is what I enjoy, but whacking the columnist isn't fair. Anyone can have an opinion, we all have one. Dissecting the figures is different to reporting facts. We can interpret figures differently, but who's to say what impact the iPad will have, in my opinion (and it is just that), not that much as it is right now. But if it was opened up to be fully functional with a healthy drive attached, then we can compare. Argue the facts but show some respect to those who actually do the research unlike many posters here who fly into a hate filled rant because someone dared to enjoy anything Apple. God forbid, this is an Apple forum. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have a right to attack, unless you have facts to back up your argument. So to the trolls (you know who you are) pull your heads in and lets have some informed, factual debate. A forum is supposed to be a place for the exchange of ideas, information and opinion.
    Last edited by Kroo; 05-09-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Thanks
    If I had another $6000.00 to spend on a 500GB SSD for an iPad I may consider getting one. Until then Seagate + MBP = Cherry.

Plus the fact I need to use photoshop....

Thanks

To all the complainers:

Do us all a favor and don't even open the news section anymore. When 90% of your posts are just knocking the writers and this site, why bother being a member? I don't have a problem with criticism and disagreements with an article but when you disagree with all of them, it seems like you are just asking to be annoyed.

Thanks

To all the complainers:

Change the "news" section to "opinion" and it'll be more accurate. Taking already extremely biased reporting and putting an even more biased twist on it is not news.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    Good healthy debate is fine, and the to and fro is what I enjoy, but whacking the columnist isn't fair. Anyone can have an opinion, we all have one. Dissecting the figures is different to reporting facts. We can interpret figures differently, but who's to say what impact the iPad will have, in my opinion (and it is just that), not that much as it is right now. But if it was opened up to be fully functional with a healthy drive attached, then we can compare. Argue the facts but show some respect to those who actually do the research unlike many posters here who fly into a hate filled rant because someone dared to enjoy anything Apple. God forbid, this is an Apple forum. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have a right to attack, unless you have facts to back up your argument. So to the trolls (you know who you are) pull your heads in and lets have some informed, factual debate. A forum is supposed to be a place for the exchange of ideas, information and opinion.
    If its news, its not supposed to be opinionated.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

of course it is
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

I think this report is a little pre mature also. Besides a couple of people I know that purchased an ipad when they first cameout, I personally don't know any 1 with one. Or for that matter talking about buying an ipad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    If the iPad could do the same things as my macbook pro can, i would buy one. OSX on ipad..until then or the prices drop...BLOW ME
    Yeah. You would also buy songs if they were 50c, you would buy movies if they were 99c. Everything is too expensive.

Then they reduce the prices to 50c and you would only pay 25c, right?

Why would you want a less powerful Macbook without a keyboard? Strange.
    To live, you have to lie

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    If its news, its not supposed to be opinionated.
    So you don't watch Fox or CNN I take it? Heh

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12