Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Labels Greyed Out after WinterBoard Update: SOLUTION

Saurik I appreciate everything you do for the scene! I want to get away from using summerboard compatibility so where can put my SB icons to make them work with compatibility turned "off"?

Clock Colored Problem Solved...my own stupidity
    Last edited by Halo2kid49; 05-15-2010 at 10:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGerber View Post
    None of the fixes listed in this winterboard 'upgrade' are for the iphone/ipod touch, but we're the ones affected.

I'm going to have to research every update from now on, with the ipad now in the mix.
    Saurik - I think Edmund just got frustrated - my guess is that 99% of us visiting this thread don't know a fraction of what you do and have the utmost appreciation for your work. The very fact that we have Winterboard themes and get attached to them to this degree - that we run naked screaming down the street when one pixel of it is changed - is a testament to the excellent app that you've provided. Free of charge, I might add. Complaining about your work, to me, would be like a rec leaguer scrutinizing every foul shot Lebron James takes. Muchas gracias!
    Last edited by wvcachi; 05-08-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Default Thanks
    Thanks you guys for all your hard work. Problem solved.

i still have this issue, i do not have nor did i have winterboard at the time of the "essential update"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default the fix
    To everyone experiencing this issue: download the newest version of Winterboard. it should have the White Icon Labels theme, add this Info.plist.zip file into that themes folder. (remember to backup your original)

/private/var/stash/Themes.#####/White Icon Labels

this should get the original iOS 4 look back to your icon labels.

confirmed working on iOS 4.0

- kevinl

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinl For This Useful Post:

Nielsenius (08-12-2010), Tempaccount (09-19-2010)

Has anyone noticed that their labels are shrunk if there are too many characters? This happens to me after installing WinterBoard.

This is happening to me on my iPhone 4 is there a easier fix for this?

The themes i installed through Winterboard are Buff for iPhone 4 so it cant be the themes itself thats causing it - as it was made specifically for i4.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
    To everyone experiencing this issue: download the newest version of Winterboard. it should have the White Icon Labels theme, add this Info.plist.zip file into that themes folder. (remember to backup your original)

- kevinl
    I would like to confirm that this fix WORKS. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post

- kevinl

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this.

Anyone who has trouble downloading it on their iDevice (like I did), here are the strings you're probably looking for:

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 11px; color: white; text-shadow: #000000 0px +1px 2px</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 11px; color: white; text-shadow: #000000 0px +1px 2px</string>

My problem is not just the text color, but the icon itself is transparent. These fixes at best will change the color of the icons' texts back into white, but does not solve the problem of icon being transparent. Any enlightenment on solving this? The theme was working fine until I update winterboard 2 days ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12