Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Support Arrives For Dropbox 1.2

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iPad Support Arrives For Dropbox 1.2

Dropbox 1.2 has arrived, and with it comes iPad compatibility for the hugely successful and widely utilized file-sharing and online storage app for the iPhone. Best of all, the version rolled out Monday is universal, so iPhone users already in possession of Dropbox can tap into the new-found iPad compatibility just by updating their app.

Especially sweet is the fact that both iPhone and iPad versions of the client can now enjoy on their iPad virtually everything that they could on their iPhone. Brand spankin' new for the iPad, however, is the capability to export PDFs - and other documents - from the Dropbox app into other applications.

It should also be noted that iPhone and iPod touch owners will experience improved landscape compatibility via the Dropbox 1.2 update.

Incredibly, a lot of folks still aren't really familiar with Dropbox, which - in a nutshell - is a stellar online cloud storage and file-sharing service that serves up 2GB of free storage space to individuals who sign up for the service. Beyond that, a variety of pricing structures are in place for those who need additional storage capacity. But the free iPhone OS client lets you access your stored content easily and efficiently from anywhere and share them with whomever you choose - even people who don't have - or "get" - Dropbox.

Haven't gotten the update yet? What are you waiting for? Dropbox 1.2 is available now... and for free. It does, however, require an iPad running iPhone OS 3.2 (or later) and an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.1 (or later).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (05-05-2010)

I love Dropbox-- been using it for a while.

Just found out about it and it rocks man

Dropbox saved my ******* life once. I had to present my final portfolio to a school and my laptop died right before i was going to meet with her. Thankfully, I backed up everything onto dropbox and was able to put it up on her computer.

For those that don't have dropbox and want it. If you are invited you get an extra 250MB free as well as the person that invited you. For anyone that wants to sign up and get the extra space here is an invitation link from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEyNzQxNDM5

edit: Forgot to mention that you must install the desktop application before they give you the extra 250MB.
    Last edited by rdharris23; 05-04-2010 at 11:45 AM.

sounds good, will give it a try now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet. Dropbox ftw.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Too bad apple can't update their pos iDisk to work for the iPad

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thought I would add my own drop box invitation link. We will each get an extra 250mb of space (permanently) if you sign up using the link! You need to install the PC/MAC version to your respective computer before the 250mb bonus is applied.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY3MTQ4Mzg5
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-04-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

For those that don't have dropbox and want it. If you are invited you get an extra 250MB free as well as the person that invited you. For anyone that wants to sign up and get the extra space here is an invitation link from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQyNTE3OTM5

edit: Forgot to mention that you must install the desktop application before they give you the extra 250MB.

how come i had never heard of this? sounds kinda like a free mobileme
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What is the fine print with this app...What type of security do they have such personal files? Do they have instant access to any of MY files? Time-limit that I can store files with them?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flounder21 View Post
    What is the fine print with this app...What type of security do they have such personal files? Do they have instant access to any of MY files? Time-limit that I can store files with them?
    No time limit. You have instant access (with an internet connection and the correct application) to the files you want. Not sure about security, but I doubt it is terrible. You can check them out at the very least.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Another service similar to this is Zumodrive, which also has an iPhone app. Definitely worth looking into.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQyNTE3OTM5