+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Rolls Out Pricey International Data Plans for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by EdmundGerber $200.00 for 200 MB? That should be criminal. You don't? Seriously? Not at all? Yikes.... When you take that single setence out of context, it makes
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGerber View Post
    $200.00 for 200 MB?

That should be criminal.

You don't? Seriously? Not at all? Yikes....
    When you take that single setence out of context, it makes it look a whole lot worse. I was comparing prices to that of everyone else. Why would ATT do us a favor and be cheaper than the competitor?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AT&T will do you a "favor" if you qualify for their Premier services. If you can get a discount on your bill because of the company you work for, or you have been a customer for a long time there is a much better deal out there.

I pay $59.99 for unlimited international data on my iPhone. I was in Haifa, Israel for 10 days last month and racked up over 3 GB of 3g data time. All included in my $59.99/month. I've also used it in Cyprus, Turkey, Italy, Scotland, Poland, and Latvia

Just call the international customer service people and ask them about it. It's not something that they advertise. There are about 5 of us on my ship that are doing it. One friend of mine figured that if he had to pay the per Kb rate, his bill would have been over $50,000.

Edit: Not sure if they offer this for the iPad. It's worth a look though.

B
    Last edited by gambleb; 05-05-2010 at 12:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    they will not offer it for the ipad, the ipad does not link to your account in anyway possible. Instead it becomes a prepaid service, so if you call in for help they can only access help by giving the ipad phone number and not your att account that is attached to your phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like another reason to not get an iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gambleb View Post
    Sounds like another reason to not get an iPad.
    Or another reason to get the iPad wifi instead

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123