+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey Says... 16GB iPad 3G Most Popular

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Survey Says... 16GB iPad 3G Most Popular

According to an analyst from UBS, customers surveyed last Friday in New York - in particular, those standing in line to purchase an iPad - revealed half of all the prospective iPad buyers were favoring the 16GB model of the iPad 3G, which retails for $629. Nearly 57% indicated that the basic 16 GB model was the preferred choice. 29% were in line for the 32GB model ($729), and 14% decided to go all out and spring for the king of all iPads, the 64GB iPad 3G ($829).

The results of the survey were consistent, said the analyst, with results seen elsewhere around the country. That is, the 16 GB model is not only most popular, but also the first to sell out.

Those surveyed added one additional point of interest, says UBS analyst Maynard Um. The iPad will not be used as an official "replacement" for a desktop computer or PC. "The survey further supports our view that the iPad will not cannibalize Macs," write Um in his correspondence with investors today. "We continue to view the device as a largely incremental growth opportunity for Apple."

And a growth opportunity it certainly is. Last night on MMI, we reported that Apple had sold an estimated - and whopping - one million iPads during the month of April alone. Today, those "estimates" were personally confirmed by Steve Jobs, who released a public statement this morning to toot his own horn.

“One million iPads in 28 days — that’s less than half of the 74 days it took to achieve this milestone with iPhone,” wrote Jobs in a public statement. “Demand continues to exceed supply and we’re working hard to get this magical product into the hands of even more customers.”

With the international release of the iPad 3G still on the horizon, it's likely that earlier industry estimates of Apple selling more than four million units before the end of 2010 could easily pan out. Apple will being taking orders for the iPad from international buyers on May 10.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Get the most expensive Wifi model...or get the cheaper 3G model? Hmmmm
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Thanks

go for wifi if you have a jailbroken iPhone then you can just use mywi from cydia for a tethered 3G connection

4. The Following User Says Thank You to damod84 For This Useful Post:

wcstryfe10 (05-03-2010)

Thanks

surveys?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that most bought the 16 GB 3G because they wanted the 3G if they could get it in their area and what they could afford in their budget.... I want to say this one sold the most for affordability.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

most popular as compared to just other ipads? pretty sure books are more popular, next time, be comprehensive

Thanks

If I get one it will be the 32GB wifi, I don't get why people get the 16GB, that's barely any storage

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd get a 64GB Wifi and use MyWi from my iPhone. I might get the 2nd gen one if I need one or have the money.

I just hope the 64GB version is around £400 as that is the laptop range and a higher price wouldn't really sell here in the UK
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 05-03-2010 at 05:27 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

wcstryfe10 (05-03-2010)

Thanks

I love my 64gb iPad 3G! I'm now glad i sprang for the top model as I already have it pretty much all the way full.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought the iPad 3g 16gig because I have the iPhone 3gs 16gig and have only used 4gig's on it because I mostly use for internet purposes. I might watch a movie here and there and read a few books so 16 gig's is plenty for what i'll be using it for.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

Forever Young (05-04-2010)

Thanks

I think I want an ipad now. I'm working in Dover Delaware and it's boring as **** but there is no sales tax and it is very tempting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just to clear things up , the survey was about iPad 3G only not wifi model for Friday April 30th , title of this thread was kinda misleading , it should be 16gb iPad 3G most popular of all iPad 3G models

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got the 3g 64gb best of the best =) i thought about tethering but wats the point of having a ipad if u can't be online all the time.. its a intermediary between laptop and computer.. and c'mon 9 hours 3g u never can get that tethered and the 3g is surprisingly fast =)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this tells you what MOST users consider the iPad to be great for... browsing the web, running lite (as in file size) apps, maybe reading books. Frankly, I can see that. For the average user there really isn't going to be a need for tons of data. Realistically the ipad wouldn't be an iphone or ipod replacement, and I am willing to bet that over 90% of ipad owners already have an iphone or ipod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stop feeding the troll by buying its products. Steve Jobs is a troll