Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd JBs iPad 3G, Spirit Not Released Yet

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    Alright already release that mutha luva.
    Really... again?... *face palm*

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WTF! i need my jailbreak. Who can i donate to to make it happen faster!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

me :P j/k but you can become a developer and have an amazing app and maybe they will release it to you haha

Quote Originally Posted by dustin4vn View Post
    The delay is not stupid when u go into cydia it doesn't save ur shsh not guarantee though ... By doin this you can be sure it's in saudik server . I've jb a whole bunch of iPhones for my friends and none of them saved. So I know.
    As for why ppl who jb that update their idevice. It's becuz sometime when installing a beta of a them in customization or there might be a combinations of cydias Modding combine that causes the springboard to crash and need to restore n update so with shsh there is always a way to go back. Man I wish that happen to u. If u say so don't back ur shsh up, IFC_ I want to see how sorry u will be. U know it's good enough that even make a jb so stop complaining geez
    cydia saves your SHSH. it asks you if you want it to make your life easier and you click yes. it even has a note saying what making your life easier does if i remember correctly, and then up the top it shows what FW's your SHSH is backed up on

if you restore then you use the SHSH thats backed up onto sauriks server...
    not too hard

and ive backed up my SHSH for 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3
    cydia did all of them for me except 3.1.3 which i did manually because i was bored

you can backup your SHSH even after your jailbroken as well which is another reason why the delay is unnecessary. sure its helpful to tell people to back it up but really how long do they need especially when cydia does everything for you with a single tap of a button

p.s. when theres a theme problem that crashes your springboard 90% of the time itll put you into safe mode which will let you easily get rid of the theme.. no need to restore

im grateful for their JB and im not even rushing them to bring it out. im just simply stating my opinion on why i think the (potentially) long wait is pointless.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Ok if the the reason for holding off on the release is so people can back up there SHSH Blobs, then thats EVERYONES FAULT who has ever UPGRADED and un-jailbroke there iphones! Which we know there are a shitload of you..I am not talking about the people that had warranty work done or bought there iphones at 3.1.3 already installed. I am talking about the MORONS that upgrade to the next firmware once jailbroken without a new jailbreak released, those people deserve to stay at whatever the UNJAILBROKEN firmware that they upgraded too. Idiots! If you like to use your device the way its supposed to, DONT UPGRADE WITHOUT A WAY TO JAILBREAK!! how hard is that...if itunes says "there is a new firmware for your device would you like to upgrade?" NO I DONT WANT TO DUH!! check the box that says do not ask me again and get on with your life until the devs figure it out! Sheesh!
    That's pretty harsh, considering that I had to upgrade my 3gs due to an app I installed from Cydia. These things happen. It can be frustrating to here people new at this complain because they didn't know what would happen. I tell anyone I help when I jailbreak their iPhone not to update anything till I give them the word. I didn't jailbreak my first gen iPhone for about 3 months after I got it because I was too busy reading on this site to make sure I knew what I was doing. Not everyone thinks like we do, sometimes you just have to explain to the newbies what to do. I am use to repeating myself..... I have 4 kids that don't listen either. Have patients my friend, let the "Oh no, I just updated by accident", roll off your back.

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WTF! i need my jailbreak. Who can i donate to to make it happen faster!
    Again there is no jailbreak available and their will not be until 4.0 is released. This is like a big soap opera with all the rumors and fake pictures and videos. Again I hope I'm wrong but if I could bet money on it I would put my money on the fact that there will be no jailbreak/unlock until 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    how do i back up shsh for the ipad?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrunn View Post
    How do you make a local copy of it?
    Let me see if we can make it into a game...it's the name of a super popular song by Rhianna

Lol

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    Let me see if we can make it into a game...it's the name of a super popular song by Rhianna

Lol
    hahaha i guess i should have fixed my post a long time ago since right after i posted it i used this famous song app and got them for my ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    hahaha i guess i should have fixed my post a long time ago since right after i posted it i used this famous song app and got them for my ipad.
    Lol

4 years later.....
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

What song were you thinking of? I only know Please Don't Stop the Music and Disturbia

Thanks

A little help.

Before anyone starts flying off the handle and starts spouting newbie crap, I get the point of the BLOBS. I understand what they are used for and why I need them. I downloaded umbrella and was able to get success with the apple choice and the cydia choice. I hit failure when I tried to do the local option for my ipad. A i missing anything? is there a site i can go to for cydia to just download it to disk? I just want to make sure I have it before I get the hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    What song were you thinking of? I only know Please Don't Stop the Music and Disturbia
    Lol, its umbrella.. ela... ela... ela....

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me. My ipod is currently jailbroken running firmware 3.1.2. Problem is I dont have a SHSH backup for 3.1.2 and apple has stopped signing 3.1.2.

ok, here is the question, what im concerned is this, do 3.1.2 users who haven't back up their SHSH should jump now to 3.1.3 to back up a SHSH? Dont you think it would be hard if we dont have an SHSH backup for both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 for newer models (especially MC).

I hope the devs can give a best recommendation for users who doesnt have 3.1.2 SHSH backup. Do we need to jump to 3.1.3 this time?

Thank you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mruser View Post
    Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me. My ipod is currently jailbroken running firmware 3.1.2. Problem is I dont have a SHSH backup for 3.1.2 and apple has stopped signing 3.1.2.

ok, here is the question, what im concerned is this, do 3.1.2 users who haven't back up their SHSH should jump now to 3.1.3 to back up a SHSH? Dont you think it would be hard if we dont have an SHSH backup for both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 for newer models (especially MC).

I hope the devs can give a best recommendation for users who doesnt have 3.1.2 SHSH backup. Do we need to jump to 3.1.3 this time?

Thank you.
    U obviously need to do some more reading. Why dont you use Umbrella and back up your SHSH?

U obviously need to do some more reading. Why dont you use Umbrella and back up your SHSH?
    Good day, with your due respect sir, Ive done some reading but im confused.

You said, "Why dont you use Umbrella and back up your SHSH?", you know what you cant back up SHSH of 3.1.2 firmware because apple has stopped signing it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

So store it on Sauriks server and use TinyTSS to restore you can do it on a mac or a PC. here is a great thread.

I am no expert by any means..Please correct me amybody if i am leading this guy in the wrong direction, i really dont know alot about the ipod touches..

[Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

I know its not for an Ipod touch but i did find another site that says its essentially the same thing.

So store it on Sauriks server and use TinyTSS to restore you can do it on a mac or a PC. here is a great thread.

I am no expert by any means..Please correct me amybody if i am leading this guy in the wrong direction, i really dont know alot about the ipod touches..

[Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

I know its not for an Ipod touch but i did find another site that says its essentially the same thing.
    Thank you sir. I will read this and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by mruser View Post
    Thank you sir. I will read this and try it.
    open up cydia and up the top on the main page see if it sais in green writing that its backed up your SHSH. it should of if you chose it to when you first ran it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast