Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: MuscleNerd JBs iPad 3G, Spirit Not Released Yet

  1. #41
    They should release it with a pop-up disclaimer in the .exe or .dmg reminding people NOT to upgrade anything, then after they install cydia click the magic button that says, "backup shsh automatically."

  2. #42
    Agree 200% with u vantheman169. I had to replace the broken phone got the 3.1.3 and got screwed. But yeah 200% people are stupid with these updates

  3. #43
    That guy ^


    Makes what I said seem like a saint

    LOL

    I mean vantheman169
    Last edited by sharp2G; 05-01-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Imsorussian View Post
    Agree 200% with u vantheman169. I had to replace the broken phone got the 3.1.3 and got screwed. But yeah 200% people are stupid with these updates
    I have to admit that I was...

    I did the jailbreak with blackra1n and I didn't read what the difference was between tethered and not-tethered. Well long story short, I thought my phone was bricked so I did the update through iTunes.

    I will NEVER ever make that mistake again!

    Read, read, and then when you think you got it, read some more!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomi View Post
    Whats your point? After sms exploit last summer, apple came very quickly with 3.0.1 even with same baseband.. these exploits aka "userland" exploits, apple fixes them very fast.. thats why if you dont backup your SHSH you cant jailbreak maybe for a long time... when you stuck in new firmware.

    ps: whats with the untethered jailbreak, thats something that apple cant fix with new firmware, am i right?



    Think what you just said? When apple stop signing 3.1.2, where you get your SHSH files? From heaven, no! you cant get shsh after apple stops signing firmware.
    Yeah whatever, I thought that umbrella worked differently, but I guess anything would have to contact apple directly.

  6. #46
    hope it will come soon i want sbsettings on my iPad :d

  7. #47
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
    That guy ^


    Makes what I said seem like a saint

    LOL

    I mean vantheman169
    its the truth tho. If people actually did some research on things actually know wtf they are doing when they jailbreak and the things that come along with jailbreaking, like NO UPDTATES from itunes. Alot of people would not be stuck at 3.1.3 right now!

  8. #48
    Default no scam here
    Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    why do i think "Spirit" is a joke/scam
    my thoughts are they are working any bugs out, probably the itunes issue (hopefully) but it is real

  9. #49
    I just noticed on his Twitter page that he has registered a domain...tick tock


    comex @DarkMalloc I RTed it because it's the first sane registrar I've seen in a while. I just registered a domain there
    about 1 hour ago*in reply to DarkMalloc

  10. #50
    Default link
    I wish we knew the url!!!!!!!!!

  11. #51
    Shouldn't be too much longer until it's released, unless domain propagation takes longer than usual

  12. #52
    Ok, I backed up my iPad's SHSH with Umbrella. I can haz jailbreak now?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    To give people a couple days warning to back up their SHSH isn't too much to ask. Apple has pushed out a patch in less than 24 hours after an exploit becomes public in the past. Once Apple pushes the patch they no longer sign the current firmware if anyone has any problem for any reason you're stuck upgrading and then complaining about when the NEXT jailbreak will be out.
    Can someone point me to some instructions, pretty please

  14. #54
    I'm not backing up until I actually have cydia installed on my iPad, after that, I will use the automatic backup that's built in cydia.

    But that's just me...

  15. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    I'm not backing up until I actually have cydia installed on my iPad, after that, I will use the automatic backup that's built in cydia.

    But that's just me...
    I would advise you to just backup your shsh with Umbrella. If you can't jailbreak until after Apple stops signing the current firmware, then you're going to be screwed.

  16. #56
    Will cydia even have a make my life easier for iPad because they never have it for iPod touch...

  17. #57
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EliteApple View Post
    Will cydia even have a make my life easier for iPad because they never have it for iPod touch...
    What? If you don't know anything about jailbreaking, then i advise you to research some things before doing it or you could potentially screw up your device.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    All this teasing isn't helping. We've already seen a jailbreak video a month ago. It's not like the 3G is any different. Apple can't patch an exploit they know nothing about yet.
    The videos last month were not even real so that's why I personally think that there is not a jailbreak or unlock for any of the devices. Maybe once 4.0 hits there will be one but I won't hold my breath. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm just being realistic.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell209 View Post
    What? If you don't know anything about jailbreaking, then i advise you to research some things before doing it or you could potentially screw up your device.
    I have been jailbreaking and developing for quite a while now and I have to use firmware umbrella to backup shsh on my iPod touch because cydia does not have that feature for those devices, well atleast not for mine, go look!

  20. #60
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 155 Times in 54 Posts

    Cool, I just started this umbrella stuff, figured I'd heed the warnings. I got my ipad shsh all saved, and saved local copies of the 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 files I had with Saurik too. Can't hurt to have them local too

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •