+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd JBs iPad 3G, Spirit Not Released Yet

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
They should release it with a pop-up disclaimer in the .exe or .dmg reminding people NOT to upgrade anything, then after they install cydia click the magic button that says,
    Banned
    Thanks
    They should release it with a pop-up disclaimer in the .exe or .dmg reminding people NOT to upgrade anything, then after they install cydia click the magic button that says, "backup shsh automatically."

Thanks

Agree 200% with u vantheman169. I had to replace the broken phone got the 3.1.3 and got screwed. But yeah 200% people are stupid with these updates

iPhone? More like MyPhone sharp2G's Avatar
    Thanks

That guy ^

Makes what I said seem like a saint

LOL

I mean vantheman169
    Last edited by sharp2G; 05-01-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imsorussian View Post
    Agree 200% with u vantheman169. I had to replace the broken phone got the 3.1.3 and got screwed. But yeah 200% people are stupid with these updates
    I have to admit that I was...

I did the jailbreak with blackra1n and I didn't read what the difference was between tethered and not-tethered. Well long story short, I thought my phone was bricked so I did the update through iTunes.

I will NEVER ever make that mistake again!

Read, read, and then when you think you got it, read some more!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atomi View Post
    Whats your point? After sms exploit last summer, apple came very quickly with 3.0.1 even with same baseband.. these exploits aka "userland" exploits, apple fixes them very fast.. thats why if you dont backup your SHSH you cant jailbreak maybe for a long time... when you stuck in new firmware.

ps: whats with the untethered jailbreak, thats something that apple cant fix with new firmware, am i right?

Think what you just said? When apple stop signing 3.1.2, where you get your SHSH files? From heaven, no! you cant get shsh after apple stops signing firmware.
    Yeah whatever, I thought that umbrella worked differently, but I guess anything would have to contact apple directly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hope it will come soon i want sbsettings on my iPad :d

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
    That guy ^

Makes what I said seem like a saint

LOL

I mean vantheman169
    its the truth tho. If people actually did some research on things actually know wtf they are doing when they jailbreak and the things that come along with jailbreaking, like NO UPDTATES from itunes. Alot of people would not be stuck at 3.1.3 right now!

RF1
    Thanks

Default no scam here
    Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    why do i think "Spirit" is a joke/scam
    my thoughts are they are working any bugs out, probably the itunes issue (hopefully) but it is real

Banned
    Thanks
    I just noticed on his Twitter page that he has registered a domain...tick tock

comex @DarkMalloc I RTed it because it's the first sane registrar I've seen in a while. I just registered a domain there
    about 1 hour ago*in reply to DarkMalloc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default link
    I wish we knew the url!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Shouldn't be too much longer until it's released, unless domain propagation takes longer than usual

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I backed up my iPad's SHSH with Umbrella. I can haz jailbreak now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    To give people a couple days warning to back up their SHSH isn't too much to ask. Apple has pushed out a patch in less than 24 hours after an exploit becomes public in the past. Once Apple pushes the patch they no longer sign the current firmware if anyone has any problem for any reason you're stuck upgrading and then complaining about when the NEXT jailbreak will be out.
    Can someone point me to some instructions, pretty please

Banned
    Thanks
    I'm not backing up until I actually have cydia installed on my iPad, after that, I will use the automatic backup that's built in cydia.

But that's just me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    I'm not backing up until I actually have cydia installed on my iPad, after that, I will use the automatic backup that's built in cydia.

But that's just me...
    I would advise you to just backup your shsh with Umbrella. If you can't jailbreak until after Apple stops signing the current firmware, then you're going to be screwed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will cydia even have a make my life easier for iPad because they never have it for iPod touch...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EliteApple View Post
    Will cydia even have a make my life easier for iPad because they never have it for iPod touch...
    What? If you don't know anything about jailbreaking, then i advise you to research some things before doing it or you could potentially screw up your device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    All this teasing isn't helping. We've already seen a jailbreak video a month ago. It's not like the 3G is any different. Apple can't patch an exploit they know nothing about yet.
    The videos last month were not even real so that's why I personally think that there is not a jailbreak or unlock for any of the devices. Maybe once 4.0 hits there will be one but I won't hold my breath. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm just being realistic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell209 View Post
    What? If you don't know anything about jailbreaking, then i advise you to research some things before doing it or you could potentially screw up your device.
    I have been jailbreaking and developing for quite a while now and I have to use firmware umbrella to backup shsh on my iPod touch because cydia does not have that feature for those devices, well atleast not for mine, go look!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, I just started this umbrella stuff, figured I'd heed the warnings. I got my ipad shsh all saved, and saved local copies of the 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 files I had with Saurik too. Can't hurt to have them local too