+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPad 3G is Here - PICS!

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Only 3G gas gps. Wifi has what I call "Google Guess" in which google maps tries to determine your location based on wifi signals nearby.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Only 3G gas gps. Wifi has what I call "Google Guess" in which google maps tries to determine your location based on wifi signals nearby.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Guys, if you want to use your iPhone sim card follow my DYI instructions here:
    Mod At&t SIM to work in iPad 3G
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm waiting on a Speed Test comparison between the native 3G signal and MyWi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Fedex just dropped the 64GB 3G. Its an awesome thing.

Thanks

i have been bashing the iPad lately but after spending a hour playing with it, i realised how amazing it is...
    still waiting for the iPhone though

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Posted from my iPad 3G. Now I have 2. 1 wifi and 1 3G. Life is good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont have the 3g ipad but my wifi one, using mywi I am getting DL 293.0 kB/s, UL 41.8 kB/s, Ping 400 ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isham.padron View Post
    That blows... I pay enough for phone service.
    not according to At&T/Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    Posted from my iPad 3G. Now I have 2.
    and a lot less money
    Last edited by lolcats1; 04-30-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

So if I have a data package for my iPhone 3GS and i do the DIY trick to make it a microSIM I still need to sign up for ANOTHER data plan? It doesn't just share it? Even if i happen to work for a company that supports the iPhone and I have unlimited data on my device?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I want a iPad 3G 64GB but I can not afford it at all

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

budget plan man , thats what i dids lmao
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Damn you all to Hades!!! I gots to wait another month or so, being as I'm in old Europe.

Seriously though, have lotsa fun. Hope any problems are ironed out within a month and that there's still a jailbreak to use.

Anyone clocked the d/l time with 3G, so can compare with the MyWi posting above. It's a €170 question.

Is the iBooks app rocking good times?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    So the ipad is a useless brick because you cant change how the icons look or the wallpaper??? Oh wait or use SBsettings?? Really what is sooo important post-jailbreak that makes that huge of a difference...lol
    Multitasking.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    So the ipad is a useless brick because you cant change how the icons look or the wallpaper??? Oh wait or use SBsettings?? Really what is sooo important post-jailbreak that makes that huge of a difference...lol
    no cpjr , i was talking to mardinn for saying

Originally Posted by mardinn
    The fact still stays... there is no Jailbreak.. = Useless brick.
    his post was useless , not kyles.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

ABC app doesn't work on 3G.. Well.. That's why I tell people.. If you got an iPad, get the WiFi version.. and you'll most likely have an iPhone (if you don't too bad! ) and just jailbreak it, get MyWi, create HotSpot and use the 3G off your iPhone to surf with the iPad.. No restrictions since the iPad will show it's on WiFi.. I do everything like that, watch Netflix, ABC app.. Works perfect and probably identical to the iPad 3G..

Green Apple
    Thanks

My restore from my Wifi backup seems to be.. going badly Been stuck at 5 minutes for like 15 minutes now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Just got the last iPad 3G at my local apple store.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badbrain88 View Post
    Is the iBooks app rocking good times?
    Yes, digital books are revolutionary man. They are THE REASON to buy a handful of iPads, didn't you hear?

In all seriousness, I think you can answer the question yourself. Do you like to read? Is reading a rockin' good time? Depending on how you answered my last two questions, you can probably come up with an answer to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4key View Post
    ABC app doesn't work on 3G.. Well.. That's why I tell people.. If you got an iPad, get the WiFi version.. and you'll most likely have an iPhone (if you don't too bad! ) and just jailbreak it, get MyWi, create HotSpot and use the 3G off your iPhone to surf with the iPad.. No restrictions since the iPad will show it's on WiFi.. I do everything like that, watch Netflix, ABC app.. Works perfect and probably identical to the iPad 3G..
    But the iPad 3G is more expensive, therefore it is better, and we all need the best. If not, we aren't cool enough right?

I'd be interested to hear how many people bought the Wifi iPad and then bought the 3G version a short month later. Genious marketing tactic by Apple. After all, most of those people wouldn't have purchased two units if they were released simultaneously.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-30-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    No you don't if you know where to look...
    nice teaser...tell me more...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I want a iPad 3G 64GB but I can not afford it at all
    Dude ,I bought it at best buy ,they re offering a whopping 18 months interest free , so buy now ,pay later with no fees at all! This is even better than borrowing money from a family member

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Yes, digital books are revolutionary man. They are THE REASON to buy a handful of iPads, didn't you hear?

In all seriousness, I think you can answer the question yourself. Do you like to read? Is reading a rockin' good time? Depending on how you answered my last two questions, you can probably come up with an answer to yours.

But the iPad 3G is more expensive, therefore it is better, and we all need the best. If not, we aren't cool enough right?

I'd be interested to hear how many people bought the Wifi iPad and then bought the 3G version a short month later. Genious marketing tactic by Apple. After all, most of those people wouldn't have purchased two units if they were released simultaneously.
    iPad 3G + $130 for 3G chip + $360 a yr extra for data plan
    iPad wifi + $10 for mywi app + 0.00 a yr extra for data plan

iPad 3G is better alright but the iPad wifi is better at saving money ohhhhhhhhhh

Let's be realistic here what I mentioned above is exactly how it sounds and looks ,both models has the same capability , so better is no better
    Last edited by mytran80; 05-01-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost