Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Mod AT&T SIM to Work in iPad 3G

  1. #81
    I already tried entering a Fido ippc and didn't work. I mean, the file gets loaded and the info appears on the APN but still get the same problem. I will try extracting my Wife's iPhone ippc.

  2. #82
    You will have to restore to completely remove the other ipcc. That may be part of your problem.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  3. #83
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I prefer to SSH it in

  4. #84
    Also confirming that the iPad 3G works on Smart in the Philippines. It is definitely unlocked.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to etucexe For This Useful Post:

    mentalman1369 (05-02-2010)

  6. #85
    Thanks for the tip. Now in order to remove I have to jailbreak and SSH into it. I will look for the instructions and will post the results. Did anyone get this done yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You will have to restore to completely remove the other ipcc. That may be part of your problem.

  7. #86
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by etucexe View Post
    Also confirming that the iPad 3G works on Smart in the Philippines. It is definitely unlocked.
    Thanks for the post, etucexe
    i've got a few questions tho:

    does 3G work perfectly? Not running into any weird issues like some of the guys on Rogers in Canada? (link: iPad 3G US version in Canada with Fido or Rogers)
    And you only needed to enter the APN details for Smart, right?

    Thanks again

    oh and one more thing -- when you have the Smart SIM inserted, do the AT&T account settings etc in the Settings App disappear? It never bugs you to "Connect to AT&T" or "Sign-up for AT&T service" etc, right?

  8. #87
    Default sims don't match
    I screwed up my first try at cutting my laptop's 3G sim, and got our Telecom department to activate and give me a new SIM (tested working fine on the laptop), but this one is completely different.. anyone know if it'll still work?


  9. #88
    Ipad 3g works fine on Bell network!




  10. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by spazattack View Post
    I screwed up my first try at cutting my laptop's 3G sim, and got our Telecom department to activate and give me a new SIM (tested working fine on the laptop), but this one is completely different.. anyone know if it'll still work?

    It should work. The points on that board you need are on the left side. Line it up in that corner and cut and you should be fine.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

    spazattack (05-02-2010)

  12. #90
    I want to make an appeal to you Jailbrakers/iPad Hackers... please help us Canadians to find a way around this block from Fido/Rogers that doesn't allow us o access their 3G network with the available Data plans from them.

    Lets fight for our freedom and scrub on Rogers face that they can't block us :-)

    I am available for testing any options in Canada.

    Thanks
    Last edited by frviana; 05-02-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #91
    ^ there is confirmation from many candadians that their Rogers SIMs are working
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

    flounder21 (07-08-2010)

  15. #92
    I haven't heard of any. Nothing on Twitter, Google or forums saying so.
    Any tips on what they've done?

    I got my iPad jailbroken and SSH enabled. I transferred my wife's Fido iPhone /System/Library/Carrier Bundles into my iPad and nothing changed. After I transferred I did a Network Reset and it still the same. Damn, what else can I do?


    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    ^ there is confirmation from many candadians that their Rogers SIMs are working
    Last edited by frviana; 05-02-2010 at 11:15 PM.

  16. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    It should work. The points on that board you need are on the left side. Line it up in that corner and cut and you should be fine.
    Thanks for the tip, I can confirm it works. I think a Verizon MiFi will be more convenient though, but good to have this as a fallback.

    The APN settings I'm using, since just having the APN wasn't working well for me:

    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

    This seems to work better, although it may just be a fluke.




    This probably would've been easier with a decent box cutter or some sort of crafting blade. Using an X-Acto knife was difficult, and led to these uneven cuts.

  17. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by spazattack View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I can confirm it works. I think a Verizon MiFi will be more convenient though, but good to have this as a fallback.

    The APN settings I'm using, since just having the APN wasn't working well for me:

    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

    This seems to work better, although it may just be a fluke.




    This probably would've been easier with a decent box cutter or some sort of crafting blade. Using an X-Acto knife was difficult, and led to these uneven cuts.
    I can confirm this works as well. The SIM for my AT&T 3G modem looked exactly like that and I trimmed it and it works in my iPad. Using just the APN setting wap.cingular works for me without the username and password.

  18. #95
    Fido and Rogers still non supported as far as I know. I have seen 2 posts on Twitter about people saying they got it with Rogers but they don't reply back with details or informing which plan they have.

    Anyone here with an iPad on FIDO or ROGERS?

  19. #96

  20. #97
    So say I went up to the AT&T store today and told them I lost my SIM (which would be a lie) and they gave me a new one. If I cut the new SIM down to resemble a MicroSIM and popped it in the iPad while keeping my original SIM in my iPhone as normal, would I be able to make calls/texts on the iPhone while using 3G on the iPad?

    It's been a while since I've had to replace a SIM card so I can't remember if AT&T has some way of "killing" the old SIM (since they would be under the impression that I lost it).

  21. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by mward1 View Post
    So say I went up to the AT&T store today and told them I lost my SIM (which would be a lie) and they gave me a new one. If I cut the new SIM down to resemble a MicroSIM and popped it in the iPad while keeping my original SIM in my iPhone as normal, would I be able to make calls/texts on the iPhone while using 3G on the iPad?

    It's been a while since I've had to replace a SIM card so I can't remember if AT&T has some way of "killing" the old SIM (since they would be under the impression that I lost it).
    I think your old one will die once the new one is activated, at least that is what happen to me awhile back when I replaced my SIM.

    One question for ATT users what do you guys see on the OLM is it showing an iPad or unknow device?

  22. #99
    Default Micro Sim Adapter
    There's a much easier way to get a Micro Sim working on an iPhone...

    Just get a Micro Sim adapter off here Micro SIM Card 3FF 3G Adapter - eBay (item 220601937899 end time Jun-06-10 14:05:49 PDT)

    It only costs $10 dollars and they ship worldwide!

  23. #100
    Hi, Anyone knows how and where I add key telephony = true ?

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Add key telephony = true

    drag and drop phone app from 3GS into your iPad's application folder and set the permissions to 777.

    Enjoy phone calls on your iPad

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •