+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft, HP Cancel Tablet Projects

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Other reports mention that HP did not like how Windows 7 was sluggish. Even with an overlay UI it is still a desktop OS built for mice and keyboards. I
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Other reports mention that HP did not like how Windows 7 was sluggish. Even with an overlay UI it is still a desktop OS built for mice and keyboards.

I bet now they bought Palm they will wipe it and use the same design but have it with WebOS in it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Full win7 on a tablet was never a good idea. Full OS requires full hardware to run smooth and will not make a tablet slim and sleek with such hardwares. Now that Palm is part of the team, imagine a larger screen, and the internal hardwares of a palm pre, build a housing, and BAM! a nice super slim tablet to compete with apple. Looking forward to HP doing this.

Who actually comes up with ideas and designs at apple? Jobs or his team? who gets the credits?.....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    This is actually done all the time. Most companies have research groups that work on hundreds of ideas and sometimes pick certain things from their research projects to utilize in something that is actually tangible.

For instance this "Courier device" lead to features that will be used in Windows Phone 7 and the Zune software. Just because they aren't going ahead with hardware doesn't mean some of the ideas didn't get picked up for use elsewhere. Apple does this as well, there are many many things they put in the pipeline but never actually produce. The big difference is Apple is secretive and quiet about it and you only hear about things they ultimately produce.

Of course it doesn't stop the morons who produce speculative rumors but that is something else entirely.
    While I completely agree with all you said, I am not sure why it was a response to my original statement. What I mean was there is no longer an "iPad killer" on the horizon. Look at iPhone. We didn't get hardly anything we asked for until other similar products (Storm and Droid) started giving it to us. I fear now, whatever people ask for on the iPad, we will be given some excuse on why it cannot be until someone challenges them and says "well we did it".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    I bet steve is like yeah i won lol
    Ya he most likely said that while M$ in the background said "why did we even try to compete? this pad idea is retarded"

Gimmicks fail except when Apple releases them because they have enough sheep trained to buy every piece of crap they release lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

so now the ipad has a monopoly over the tablet market.

cool!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyromcr View Post
    so now the ipad has a monopoly over the tablet market.

cool!
    There is always JooJoo. Lol

Oh and they just announced today that they are planing to have the 3G version ready by July.

Thanks

Maybe Microsoft and HP are working on something better then a tablet?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Ya he most likely said that while M$ in the background said "why did we even try to compete? this pad idea is retarded"

Gimmicks fail except when Apple releases them because they have enough sheep trained to buy every piece of crap they release lol.
    So why are you here on an Apple forum, TROLL????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    So, are we saying that the rumors of a Microsoft Tablet, and rumors of an HP Slate have been killed off then?
    No... the tablet and the slate have been killed off... the rumors will continue in full force.

Thanks

I think HP will still use the slates design but build it off WebOS since they just bought Palm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is honestly depressing. Throws a wrench in the whole "competition = advancement" thing.
    You do realize they are killing a vaporware product made with advancements in CGI?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    I think HP will still use the slates design but build it off WebOS since they just bought Palm.
    Might as well buy an iPad then. I had high hopes of owning a Slate with a full OS on it, but this pretty much kills any hopes of me buying a tablet for a couple of years.

Thanks

Yea I think HP wanted to and tried but there are several articles that said HP was just not happy with how Windows 7 ran on it even with a touch overlay.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

That is completely understandable. I wouldn't want a laggy machine. It would remind me too much of a jailbroken 3G iPhone. I don't miss those days!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12