+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stores Closing from 4-5 pm to Prep iPad 3G Arrival

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
If you're planning to step out today to get the new iPad 3G (and you haven't already heard), Apple retail stores will close for one hour between 4-5 PM. The
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Stores Closing from 4-5 pm to Prep iPad 3G Arrival

If you're planning to step out today to get the new iPad 3G (and you haven't already heard), Apple retail stores will close for one hour between 4-5 PM. The reason? To prep the stores in anticipation of the iPad 3G's arrival. Does this mean Apple store employees will be hanging streamers and inflating balloons? Not quite. It's much more likely that the store will simply prep displays and employees will get their "game faces" on before the crowds arrive. And there will likely be some crowds, though probably not as substantial as those seen on April 3rd.

If you were among the first to pre-order the iPad 3G, you should expect delivery at home in a matter of hours. On Thursday, customers began receiving emailed notices that their iPad 3G had shipped for delivery. This time around, Apple is choosing FedEx for delivery. Last time, to ship the Wi-Fi models, Apple utilized UPS.

If, on the other hand, you haven't pre-ordered the tablet yet and you will trek out to your nearest Apple retail store (or a select Best Buy store) today, potential buyers are urged by some to show up during the one-hour closure period between 4-5 PM to "get in line" and best ensure that you'll be able to obtain an iPad 3G.

AT&T is offering no-contract data plans for the iPad 3G - $15 per month for 250MB of bandwidth and $30 for unlimited access. The plan in place through AT&T also includes access (free of charge) to AT&T's many Wi-Fi hot spots in the United States.

Image via New York Times
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 04-29-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

The day is here finally. Now just to sell the wifi version I have and get the 3G version, or get both according to my gf.

Thanks
    meh. wifi is good enough for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frozenra1n View Post
    The 3G has WiFi, access to 3G, and did I mention a real, no-cell-tower-triangulating-crap GPS? The 3G's gonna be great - and my 64GB 3G is gonna be all that much greater for it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

MyWi and my WiFi iPad and good enough for me too. I would just want a 3G just to say I have one.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Must have ipad 3G!!!!!!!

I'm selling my 3GS so I can get 3G ipad, who needs this outdated iPhone anyway
    Last edited by TheAaronHarris; 04-29-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

whos inline allready =^]
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

That's kind of stupid. Close the store during business hour. I hated when Apple doing crap like this. Y don't they do it the night before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    that's kind of stupid. Close the store during business hour. I hated when apple doing crap like this. Y don't they do it the night before.
    Uh because they are arrogant apple thats why. Sorry get your *** out we are closing for a hour so come back to spend your rent money after 5 toodles lol.
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Thanks

sooo how much hours till release?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I might get this iPad 3G even I still love my 3Gs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

Crap... the day is here, but I still need to go to school. Spanish class is going to kill me. Especially because I sit next to the dumbest kid in existence.

Thanks

The thing i find most surprising about this is that they are using FedEx, everytime i have ordered something through apple its been through UPS, i wonder why they switched
    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That's kind of stupid. Close the store during business hour. I hated when Apple doing crap like this. Y don't they do it the night before.
    You act surprised. Did you think the apple store would be open when they were bringing out the iPads?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAaronHarris View Post
    Must have ipad 3G!!!!!!!

I'm selling my 3GS so I can get 3G ipad, who needs this outdated iPhone anyway
    lol i say the same thing too,but i only use my phone for calls and tethering so the phone is still good for two things.i'm going to get the 3g 64 gb model today because apple cancel my orders 3 time so "f" them for that,i'm going to let my kids have the wifi they love.

Thanks

My 3G 64GB ipad should be at my house in an hour or two. Im going through withdrawal. I bought an ipad on April 3 used it for two weeks and returned it on April 17. Been waiting two weeks for my 3G and it feels like its been a month.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    My 3G 64GB ipad should be at my house in an hour or two. Im going through withdrawal. I bought an ipad on April 3 used it for two weeks and returned it on April 17. Been waiting two weeks for my 3G and it feels like its been a month.
    try holding an iphone close to your face

Thanks

My dad's iPad 3G came yesterday (29th)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frozenra1n View Post
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    hahahhaha u crack head!!! j/k...it is mad addicting!! Im just gonna settle with my 64 wifi...using mywi to tether when I need to..and dont really need gps cuz i alraedy got it on the 3gs
    Last edited by chuckiecheese; 04-30-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I picked up my iPad 3G at my local Fedex facility at 8:15 this morning. I work a half mile from the facility, and it's better than having it sit on my front porch all day for potential thievery.

I, too, purchased the wifi version on April 3rd and returned it 2 weeks later because it drove me nuts not having an "always on" connection, looking for wifi hotspots, being limited to hot spots, etc. I'd think, "I can do this on my iPad, oops, no I can't, not in a wifi area". For me, the 3G is the way to go.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    The 3G has WiFi, access to 3G, and did I mention a real, no-cell-tower-triangulating-crap GPS? The 3G's gonna be great - and my 64GB 3G is gonna be all that much greater for it.
    Assisted GPS (Wi-Fi + 3G model)

Ummm, it has a-gps, so it uses the cell towers too to get a general location and then passes off to gps to pin point you.