Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs: iPad 3G at Best Buy this Friday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Steve Jobs: iPad 3G at Best Buy this Friday

If you pre-ordered your iPad WiFi + 3G right out of the gate, you'll finally get the goods this Friday, April 30th. If you haven't already placed your order, it will be a few weeks before the tablet shows up at your door. Don't want to wait that long for an iPad 3G? Steve Jobs says you don't have to.

It looks like Jobs has yet again responded by email to an Apple fan's inquiry about the iPad 3G's availability at Best Buy outlets. According to our friends at 9to5Mac, here's the question: "Will the iPad 3G + WiFi be available to buy from Best Buy on April 30th?" Steve Jobs' reply: "Yep."

Steve Jobs' characteristically terse reply yesterday puts to ease the minds of many prospective iPad buyers who have finally decided to bite the bullet and spring for an iPad 3G but don't want to wait well into May for delivery. And while we've known for several days that the 3G would reach Apple Stores and our homes on April 30th, there has been widespread confusion as to whether the introduction of the iPad 3G would simultaneously take place at Best Buy.

Now we know.

Additionally, the iPad will be available by the end of next month in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. International pricing will be announced in conjunction with the start of online pre-ordering for the iPad on May 10.

As of this Friday, however, the iPad 3G will be rolled out at a price of $629 for a 16-gigabyte model, $729 for 32 gigs, and $829 for the 64-gig model.

Image via 9to5Mac

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

jadenyuki678 (04-26-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty excited about this

That would be a great news for me as I am thinking to get one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome !!

Way too pricey...

what is steve jobs email, want to ask him something and everyone else seems to get a reply lol

Hm, guess I know what I'll be doing early Friday morning (I REALLY hope not Thursday evening) then..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't you hate it how apple makes a less advanced version of the iPad, takes most $ from other people, then make the final product by the end of the month? Secret Micro$oft employees anyone?

It'd be a lot cooler if the guy who's iphone is in the screenshot above was running T-Mobile. You know he'd have more than two bars if he did

yep doesnt seem like a normal response, if u have ever got an email from apple, you will see that they drag it out very long, not just yep
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by wilsongeorge View Post
    yep doesnt seem like a normal response, if u have ever got an email from apple, you will see that they drag it out very long, not just yep
    But those responses you speak of aren't from Steve Jobs himself. This one allegedly was
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

**** yeah ill be at best buy this friday

What cool is that I live about 1 block from Best Buy. So... I can periodically check on the progress of the line. From what I hear, they will do the ticket system for this launch. What's nice is how close I am to Best Buy, not so nice: I live about an hour from the nearest Apple store.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

how does everyone gets Job's email adress?

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    What cool is that I live about 1 block from Best Buy. So... I can periodically check on the progress of the line. From what I hear, they will do the ticket system for this launch. What's nice is how close I am to Best Buy, not so nice: I live about an hour from the nearest Apple store.
    A ticket system? Meaning I can show up at 3AM, camp til 8AM, get my ticket, go back home, get a few hours of sleep, come back and pick mine up? Or do you mean a raffle system? I will rage if its a raffle system. I put up with that for the PS3, but its so dumb and pointless.. just give it to whoever shows up first or something that seems remotely fair..

Seriously, I will rage if its a raffle system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    It'd be a lot cooler if the guy who's iphone is in the screenshot above was running T-Mobile. You know he'd have more than two bars if he did
    Not where I live. AT&T always five. T-mobile, if your not on top of a church, then you have EDGE and one or two bars, then you walk two feet, and NO SERVICE. And you better hope you don't need to call 911 from a basement.

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Not where I live. AT&T always five. T-mobile, if your not on top of a church, then you have EDGE and one or two bars, then you walk two feet, and NO SERVICE. And you better hope you don't need to call 911 from a basement.
    I have AT&T and get perfect 3G and 5 bars everywhere, I was only playing on the stereotype.

As far as the ticket system goes, they hand out tickets at a given hour (usually 5-7am and they post it on the door usually) and then you can leave if you'd like. But you have to be at the store at opening because if you're not, they usually only give you like a 30 minute grace period to get there, if that.

I wait in line every Black Friday and did for the PS3, X360 and Wii (multiple times for the Wii) and this is always how they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by extremzocker View Post
    how does everyone gets Job's email adress?
    Google. Not difficult in the slightest.

Thanks
    Maybe a fake email?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast