Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are You Aware of Apple's Lifetime Limit on iPad Purchases?

Thanks

Default 13 iPads
    I'm just gonna leave this here...

Stealth Bravo posted this in another thread. Maybe he used multiple credit cards or had friends buy them, but at first glance my thought= 10 iPad limit: Mythbusted.

Itís sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

haha funny article!! yes i knew the lifetime limit of the ipad though, which is REALLY weird.
    i think some other person showed me that bogus fine print on their website actually. not 100% sure though.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

I call bullsh*t! I personally bought 2 online and 2 at the Apple store and 1 at Best Buy with the same card. I don't know what crack everyone's smoking. This is a stupid article.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

People who bought more than 10 in bulk used the 25 pack educational options.

And how exactly does Apple expect to enforce this? Sounds like bs to me.

lucky there are 4 apple stores in Toronto, does this meen i can buy 10 at each?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faschierbasis View Post
    Wtf???
    EXACTLY!

WTF are Apple thinking? Don't they want us to buy more? I thought meant more money for them but it looks like they don't want our money. Fine, I wont even buy one then.

Sounds like a double standard to me. I have a business, and either the guy at the Apple store last week wasn't aware of this limit, or it doesn't stand for businesses as I told them I was thinking of buying 50 64gb 3g models when they came out and nobody objected.

Second, as a business owner, this seems like a stupid policy to me. If they are worried about the grey/black markets they shouldn't stop legitimate sales, but rather go after those individuals who attempt to sell on those markets. For instance you can easily buy a grey market camera, the only catch is most companies refuse to honor warranties of said cameras. Unfortunately that system isn't perfect as most people don't know their cheap ebay camera is grey market, but it seems like a whole lot better business plan than apple if they were to just educate people about the risks instead.

Quote Originally Posted by illusion986 View Post
    I call bs on this one. So if i own big business and i need 100 i pads for what ever reason i cant buy it? LOL yeah right. So the article that has been floating around where hospital in CA is buying iPads in bulk............they are way over they limit...The reason this guy might have gotten cut off is because there was a suspicion that he was reselling them, which he was but not for profit.

It's called if you own a big business and you are an authorized Apple Reseller, you can buy more than 10. If you are not then you are SOL. And of course hospitals and colleges fall in the institutions category so they are not bound by the 10 per person limit...

This is pathetic.

I used to import iphones into canada years ago, and i ran into the same problem, i found a solution, THey only track your credit card number, and its not instant. So i would rive to oregon, hit up all 3 stores 2x and get 12 iphones, thats just with one card, THen i would bring them home make about $2500, call up visa report my card stolen and i would get a new card with a new number, Apple, would have no previous info on this number.
    The only way they can track people right now is on pre orders and apple ID"s

Thanks

I have a feeling this is just to not cut into apple's profits overseas. Once everybody is getting access o them I'm sure that little attention will be paid to this rule. It would be interesting to know if that applies for this model or any iPad. If it's any iPad i just might have to pick and choose what upgrade model I end up buying.

Thanks

So there's a 10 per person limit cos some guy in a store who knows a little more than nothing told you?

The stupidity and knee-jerk reactions by idiots in this thread is laughable.

I hope you all try to be not so stupid in future
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I have a feeling this is just to not cut into apple's profits overseas.
    I doubt it. The iPads being resold overseas have to be bought from Apple first, so it wouldn't have any effect on the money they're making. It would, however, put even more strain on their supply, which they're already having trouble maintaining.

My strong suspicion is that this is a temporary measure until they get their supply issues sorted.

Thanks

Apple products are getting better, but Apple is getting more pathetic.

WTF? The most pathetic policy ever! At least, there's Best Buy.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsongeorge View Post
    lucky there are 4 apple stores in Toronto, does this meen i can buy 10 at each?
    Most probably yes! if you have multiple credit cards.

Read the blog entry. He was buying ipads and selling them at a higher price. Of course you're going to raise a stink when you purchase five iPads in a short period of time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    lets be fair 10 per person is fine wtf is wrong with that who wants 10 for them self.. ? if you buy more than 10 then your clearly up to something making profit at other people expense now if you have a business you will most like be able to talk to apple and set something up you wouldn't walk into a apple store going i want 100ipads they would tell you to **** off, you would have to contact apple and make the arrangements and you probably get it cheaper buying in bulk so in my eyes all is fair

Apple did this with the original iPhone. There are various ways to bypass it of course.

haha.

GAF touches every wall of internets.

the original story is from one of our NeoGAF posters:

[ame]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393201[/ame]

read at link for full account.

Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    Read the blog entry. He was buying ipads and selling them at a higher price. Of course you're going to raise a stink when you purchase five iPads in a short period of time.
    no.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 04-23-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast