+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad is Admitted to the Hospital and Almost Expelled from College

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Jim, she's dead. Are they going to use the iPad to check the heartbeats, blood transfusion (why did I say that?), or for any form of monitors? That's pretty surprising
    Thanks

Jim, she's dead.

Are they going to use the iPad to check the heartbeats, blood transfusion (why did I say that?), or for any form of monitors? That's pretty surprising that many businesses rely on the iPad. What's next?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What an interesting article. In East Texas alone the demand for iPad's isn't as high as say living in Houston, or Dallas. I am pretty confident I'm the only one within my 56,000 populated area that has one. In college at Stephen F Austin State University I KNOW i'm the only one as It was confirmed when I had to take it to the technical office for them to fix my wi-fi issue, which safari couldn't download the plugin to allow me to connect (go figure).

I'm also a nursing major, and I've already bought and have become very familiar with a lot of the Anatomy applications. I just had my 2nd practical over the muscles and tissues, and a 19.99 app called Muscle System Pro helped me pass it with flying colors.

The BIGGEST seller, is the Note applications that we are starting to see. (I've actually wanted to write posts for you guys, about my college experience with my iPad, as it certainly has enhanced it in many many ways) My Anatomy book is over 700 pages, its bulky, thick and really irritating to lug around campus. Using an application called SmartNote, I can import pdf files to the application, which then allows me to write directly on the pdf files, as if I were highlighting a textbook. So while people carry there Anatomy lab book, there anatomy lecture book, the muscles and bone structure manual and there notebook for class studies. I carry... my iPad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    ambulance services use toughbooks. i don't want my life depending on some gimmicky device. you can drop a toughbook or sling it around, and it's still good to go.

ipads aren't reliable enough
    And you know iPads are not reliable enough because.......???

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Jim, she's dead.

Are they going to use the iPad to check the heartbeats, blood transfusion (why did I say that?), or for any form of monitors? That's pretty surprising that many businesses rely on the iPad. What's next?
    Usually devices like this are set up to provide the doctor or nurse some sort of alert system if anything is amiss. The actual monitors most likely will not be the ipad itself. The iPad, if I had to guess, will be a means of quickly looking over data, minimal data entry, and MOSTLY an attractive way to show patients/clients results, scans, xrays, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dalep View Post
    And you know iPads are not reliable enough because.......???
    There are specialized devices made to take out into the field. The ipad, in its current state, clearly is not. Will this change? If the ipad proves itself in the market, it very well may.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-22-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

isnt this the reason why Israel banned the iPads? because of the wifi signal being "too strong"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee2010 View Post
    This could be an interesting move. Now if the automotive world adopted this for when they check codes and run diagnostics on your vehicle. Apple could have the ring to rule them all, so to speak.
    been done. do a search for Rev (i forgot the name of he other app). you can order a kwiwi wifi that opens a wifi connnection between your iphone and obdii port.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=There are specialized devices made to take out into the field. The ipad, in its current state, clearly is not. Will this change? If the ipad proves itself in the market, it very well may.[/QUOTE]

Still a crap reply, this doesn't mean that iPads are unreliable does it???

It means that the iPad may not be suitable to be used in a situation where it might be subjected to rough treatment etc etc, that is not the definition of unreliable....

Comments like that are about as useful as all of the 'iPads are crap' etc etc,from a very large number of commentators that have not actually even used one for any length of time

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Yea but he is basically saying as a feild laptop they are not gonna cut it but as a in-house device they will be ok. Take a look at the laptops that are meant for outside the hosptial use and the ones that stay there on carts and in offices. The ones that stay in the hosptial are not worthy to be taken out in the field.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

by no means could i currently replace the toughbooks or current IBMs alot of offices are using. My old doc was a fellow Apple supporter but believed in the touch tablets. It wont be overnight but I this could be that mainstream "appliance", if I may use the term lightly, but a tool that could be found anywhere and everywhere.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Amateur Surgeon does

Thanks

This sounds grate for docters and patiants see your x rays instantly on your ipad and schools would be smart to implament ipads into their programs. Your homework on your ipad hit a button when you step onto campus or the class room it sends it to your teachers ipad. Interaction with the students and with video phone calls or confrenceses with your tuter or teacher helps us alot. It's like irobots and technology is the winner.

Thanks BigMacBook1300

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Friend is a doctor.. she has iPad. But it is her personal iPad and not a hospital issued one. So far she loves it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12