+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2nd Gen iPad May Sport Pricey OLED Display

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
cant wait to see what happens doubt they will jack the price up if they want market saturation
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

cant wait to see what happens doubt they will jack the price up if they want market saturation

Thanks

And I thought the rumours about the 4G iPhone were bad enough, but already you're declaring what a new iPad will have! Has anyone got any pictures of it yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bimmercub View Post
    if i remember correctly, flexible.
    A flexible iPhone/iPod Touch? WIN. Can't see it in the near future but, it sounds VERY "Minority Report...ish".

Thanks

How come every time I see something retarded posted on this site, it's got Messany's name under it?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

price point will be fine next year. what does the saying about tech doubling every how often.. next june, OLED will be 'just' about standard, especially if apple is buying as many as they can get their hands on. welcome to the techno world.

ps.. who are theses noobs questioning every thing?. the staff of this site would not be where they are, if the creators where not sure. stop hating. plz stop hating. this place has been RIGHT for a very long time. sry you just got a 3gs or even a 99$ 3g. go buy a revolutionary phone for 600 bucks and question these guys. it makes me sad, very sad...and than the trolls
    Last edited by screamforme02; 04-19-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

that sounds costly- if thats really how much it will cost, apple wont do it yet. thats why they seem to have held off on oled screens on the iphone 4g. I thought oled screens were cheaper than lcd though.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

What's Jailbreak? cheekydevil1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    I've probably earned myself a reputation as not really caring about the iPad that much, I mean an OSX Netbook would have been way cool, but obviously Apple have to be different. But anyways, I really don't see what everyone is creaming themselves over OLED.....it's a light, thats all. Call me when the iPad has 160GB hard drive and oh I don't know, Bluetooth file transfer and a webcam and I might be interested, oh wait....no I'd still buy a netbook with OSX capabilities, thats runs "old clunky software"..... hang on a minute Steve, it runs OSX, does that mean that OSX runs "old clunky software" too? Seriously, since when have

Apple been popular for making a product that people actually wanted. Don't get me wrong, some of their products, though overpriced are nice, but why not start listening to their customers and give us what we want....I know, it's because if the 3GS was released back in 07, they wouldn't have anything to release that would have "out done" the original. Research iBlueNova, that app makes my first gen iPhone better than any 3GS
    Sounds like someone can't afford an ipad

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i don't think apple will make it real... they are too cheap lol... seriously... the zune already has it, I mean the hardware in the zune is way way more expensive than ipod touch, just the software sucks. if apple is willingly to spend the money, and the original apple software itself, it'll be legendary. I've replace my iphone screen with an oled one made by other company, idk what they are, my cousin got it for me in vietnam, so idk. but i can clearly tells its oled since long bat life, n crystal clear image. its really nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

another year filled with rumours abt the nxt gen ipad has begun only to get dissapointed by apple or will they ^suprise us^ lol as i always say let jobs in his blue jeans unveil it before i beleive it :P

PM me if u think my sigs nice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    As I see it... The only advantages OLED have over LCD right now are physical flexibility (not an issue in an iPad) and the extended battery life due to the display using less power, and better contrast. there are many better alternatives to an OLED display, Lower-power LCD displays using a optically-bonded transflective layer would be ideal. This would work much better for sunlight readability. OLED technology in a mobile device at this time is ideal for small devices (lower resolution & battery life) or custom (read: not flat)displays. I have a transflective LCD in my car, and when the sun comes through the glass and hits the display, it's just as bright and readable as when the sun isn't hitting it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Cant wait i'll take two of them hahahaha.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12