+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Settle Down! Apple Confirms Late April Delivery of iPad 3G

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Sometimes it's impossible to trace the source of apprehension among buyers awaiting a product that they pre-ordered. For one reason or another, in fact, I've consistently heard from people asking
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Settle Down! Apple Confirms Late April Delivery of iPad 3G

Sometimes it's impossible to trace the source of apprehension among buyers awaiting a product that they pre-ordered. For one reason or another, in fact, I've consistently heard from people asking if the "late April" arrival of the iPad 3G would be delayed. Of course, Apple has never publicly backed away from that promise, and if you remember correctly, the April 3rd release date of the basic Wi-Fi enabled iPad was similarly honored without a problem.

This morning, however, Apple apparently reached a boiling point and simply had enough of all the make-believe "apprehension." As a result, Apple took swift efforts to calm nervous iPad buyers about this mythical potential delay that was apparently invented out of thin air. Today, Apple reached out to its iPad 3G customers in the US via email with a blunt message that made it clear - the iPad 3G is coming... and soon!

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
    The Apple Store Team
    In recent weeks, we've heard that international orders have been backed up for as far as the eye can see - a situation that may have prompted some of the apprehension now tangible in the iPad marketplace. What's more, Apple is now saying on its website that it can no longer promise delivery of the iPad 3G before May 7th. This announcement must have similarly created confusion as folks who pre-ordered their iPad 3G might have assumed that the new May 7th arrival date applied to them. In reality, May 7th is only the arrival date for those who order their iPad 3G from this day forward.

So, to reiterate, all is fine and dandy in Apple's inventory. And those who plopped down their credit card to get the iPad 3G in late April will still receive exactly what they were promised.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

amorales59 (04-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only delay I've read about is one month for the international market wifi version.

U.S. dates seem to be on track for those who preordered 3g ipad version

iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Release it already!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just recieved that email. I am STOKED. I was worried for a bit that I wouldnt be getting it until May. My worries are put to rest. This is sad though, I have all these accessories, etc and no iPad. They just sit on my computer table gatherting dust. NEXT WEEK BABY!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't wait to swap my wifi model for my 3g model

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

I still see zero need for the 3G model. Just tether.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak? ryanofdiamonds's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    I still see zero need for the 3G model. Just tether.
    agreed same here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where is everyone seeing that it will be delivered in late April? I've received the email and checked the order status. It only says that it ships by late April. This means it could ship on April 30th. I hope I receive it soon too, I'm just saying it technically doesn't have to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanofdiamonds View Post
    agreed same here
    Ok, lets run through the math here. You're stuck paying at least $70/month for iPhone service through AT&T. The iPad 3G can get the same 3G service through AT&T for $30/month unlimited, and $15 for light use. The iPad can (and will) be set up to work as a phone through bluetooth, Google Voice, Skype, and whatnot. So for $30/month you can have unlimited internet and voie through the iPad, and you can stop and resume at any time. No 2-year contract.

iPad: NO CONTRACT, $30/month for unlimited DATA and VOICE
    iPhone: CONTRACT, $70/month MINIMUM for unlimited DATA and VOICE

So turn your "brilliant" scenario around: get the iPad 3G, tether your iPhone to it with MyWi, and use T-Mobile's Pay-As-You-Go for voice. Or do the same thing as the iPad phone scheme with the iPhone tethered to the iPad. There are plenty of guides around that will guide you through setting up free VoIP service on the iPhone.

I really can't make this any more obvious for you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No there is a need for 3G version!!!
    I am still using my ipad wifi with mywi, but I am not comfortable with this mywi.
    Listen I have 5 jailbreak iphone, but something happen while using mywi and the OS was crashed, I connected as usual with my macbook pro and run blackra1n but it keeps on booting on restore mode, and finally I gave up and restored my 3 phone to 3.1.3.
    I still have 2 more JB iphone which I am using with my ipad, but what happens in future no one knows.

what if tomorrow AT&T and Apple buys the mywi from rock and kills it like they did with simplify ( music2)
    see ipad is hardware and software both.
    you cant upgrade it later so i called the shot and pre order my wifi+3g model, I will be still using mywi tether but in case if something happens to tethering , with a single click I can go online for $30 AT&T3g service.

but if I have wifi version I am stuck

Thanks

Some of us want GPS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also, remember, the unlimited plan for the ipad 3g is actually unlimited not a 5gb cap like the iphone.

Thanks
    Well am hoping they start shipping this week it would be considered LATE April by tomorrow. Next week I would consider it End of April... Damn these word games... A simple date would have really set everyone's anxiety to rest, but I guess late April is an easy way of saying they still don't know what date they are going to be ready to ship. Blah Blah Blah... I am waiting on the iSanta to bring me my presents already

**BTW I find that email to be a complete tease**

Green Apple
    Thanks

On the apple website it now says ships by may 7 so I assume if I ordered today it would come by mid may. May as well just wait for 2nd gen! Had they both come out at the same time I def. would have caved and gotten the 3G one.
    Last edited by jordbrett; 04-19-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jordbrett View Post
    On the apple website it now says ships by may 7
    Read the entire post.

"This announcement must have similarly created confusion as folks who pre-ordered their iPad 3G might have assumed that the new May 7th arrival date applied to them. In reality, May 7th is only the arrival date for those who order their iPad 3G from this day forward."

If you pre ordered it when it was first done, you should be fine... after that time it most likely won't shipped until May 7th.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

How can anyone not understand the point of buying the iPad with 3G? Not everyone has an iPhone or other tether-able phone.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate to burst a bubble but check out what zdnet says...

iPad 3G now shipping by May 7 | The Toybox | ZDNet.com

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Same thing that happened to the wifi version. Once the first batch got sold they bumped all the orders from that day to a different time because of the demand windows.

Green Apple
    Thanks

my credit card has authorization posted for 878.44

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Been seeing that across multiple forums that cards are being charged, or getting pending transactions from Apple. This usually means it is about to start the shipping process, /cross fingers