Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad USB Audio Via Camera Connection Kit?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad USB Audio Via Camera Connection Kit?

Though it's a completely unconfirmed rumor at this point, sources are saying that the long-awaited iPad Camera Accessory Kit will support USB audio. Based on a post to a public mailing list maintained by Apple for audio developers and some second-hand reporting, the Creative Digital Music blog is saying that the Camera Kit - which is essentially a USB adaptor for the iPad's dock connector - will support the USB audio device class protocol. This would allow the iPad to connect to a whole range of Audio Class-compliant devices like USB speakers or MIDI musical instrument controllers.

Most USB interfaces do not support USB Audio Class without custom drivers, and generally an interface box is required. Direct support for Audio Class through the Camera Connection Kit might indicate that Apple is thinking about marketing the new device to high-end audio designers. In addition, the USB Audio Class supports USB telephony, and so this could potentially allow the use of USB voice modems with the iPad, with supporting (read: jailbroken) software.

It's not known at this point, of course, what USB devices will work with the camera Connection Kit, if any will work at all. But the existence of a standard port seems likely to enable a range of uses for the iPad, whether envisioned (or supported) by Apple or not.

iPad Hero....
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

This is what i was talking about! Usb anything on ipad! ITS HAPPENING! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds awesome!!!!

Wow. Was it so hard to just put a usb port on there? Why all the crappy attachments? That "dongle" looks so sloppy and breakable...

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post
    long-awaited
    how long has the ipad been out?
    Last edited by Krazyfool88; 04-17-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    word

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Krazyfool88 For This Useful Post:

staterunner180 (04-16-2010)

I've had one of the camera kits on pre order since day one. Can't wait till it ships from China!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Should have put a USB slot in the first place. The iPad is getting kind of good now even though I used to make fun of it as a big iPod Touch, 2nd gen here I come.

I need some iPhone news, I'm sooo desperate, I keep coming back to MMi for an update!!!!! I really can not stop
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 04-16-2010 at 08:46 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

thats pretty sweet they should make guitar hero for ipad with the wireless controller
    Keithsta

Thanks

I really don't think the iPad is ever going to have a camera in any future generations. Based on how apple has done things, everything in future generations will be internal upgrades via the Memory, Ram, A5,6 chip i5 i7 processor etc type things. Remember, this device is for casual use to use in-between the iphone and Macbook/Pro. I think the usb adapters is a great accessory btw.

i guess until its not a completely unconfirmed rumor than it doesnt matter.
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

so why not doing it with the itouch/iphone?

hmmm cool i guess lol

Because of the screen size and processor of the iPad I am guessing.

Im still on the wall about the ipad. I really dont know what i need it for? Read magazines/books? Does it have at least stereo speakers? I think they shoild have made it 7 inches not bigger it looks a little big. But thats me and probably in a month or so ill be buying one. Damn

i love the screen size! i was just playing real racing HD on it and it looked great! magazinez, wonderful and the webpages wow...my iphone mobile safari hasnt opened since i got it...my iPhone is just a regular phone now lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Funny how the typical fanbois with their "What could you possibly need USB for?" comments are absent from this thread...

not really...u see those comments are only for people that complain about the iPad and want a laptop...u dont really need usb still but if it adds it then fine, if not, then fine...

im mean seriously what would u use it for? charge something? idont think you want to charge anything off the iPads battery...
    sync something? now thats dumb...

camera? well kinda but why not over bluetooth like camera-a/b available on the appstore....
    keyboard? already has one with a dock and u can use bluetooth
    mouse? seriously...no go

now this audio thing is a go for me but wont be supported by most cards like mBox or m-audio unless its a small one...
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-17-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Would this adapter also work on iPhone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast