+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It's The WePad vs. The iPad This Summer

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
apple only cares about the extra extra buc. i hate apple because they squeeze the life out your wallet. if droid came out when i was buying a new phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

apple only cares about the extra extra buc. i hate apple because they squeeze the life out your wallet. if droid came out when i was buying a new phone i would not have a iphone. thank you google for fighting back against apple and droid os

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^^ I'll say it again.. you are one of those people that acts like you're OBLIGATED to buy an Apple product.. then complain about what's it lacking and wish you had bought something else. Apple isn't squeezing anything for your wallet... you did.

Thanks

I love this thread people are just looking for something to throw at apple no matter what it is lol ima call them the iHaters lol

Look , kellogs just made a new cereal that has a front facing camera with USB and it has an android toy inside the box! Ima get that better then the iPad because it has a USB port and a camera yea !
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Raptor, you could always sell your iPhone for a profit and buy android...

I got 450 bucks off of a 199 investment. Lol. Yay Capitalism!

I didnt even consider android when I bought my 3G, because the OS sucked at the time, it was in its infancy. Thats why people are selling G1's for like 80 bucks on CL in my area. Android wasn't worth it until Eclair hit.

But that's what makes it scary - in less than 18 months its gone from "meh" to "Wow". And the open nature of the development leads to much faster progression than anything Apple will ever be able to effectively compete with (given its current rate of development). By the time another iPhone hits, there will probably be another MAJOR update to Android. and at the current rate its on, Should be another 3-4 major revisions by the time Apple is ready to do a 4.1 or 4.2 upgrade.

If Apple doesn't speed up its releases, it WILL be left behind. In ways it already has been.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 04-15-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

Apple doesn't have to do anything as far as catch up is concerned until they see their market share level off or decrease. If and when this happens they will accelerate their hardware advancement to catch up or surpass the competition. If they can make a product that has lesser internal specs on paper but runs better and has a better UI experience because of more polished code and better touch screen response then they are winning the battle. Right now you have everyone trying to cram every single feature into one device and give it a faster processor and more memory and more MP.. etc etc... just to try and compete with Apple.. it's funny actually b/c none of them have come close to succeeding even a little bit. The good news is eventually Apple's sales will level off and they'll come out with something that shoots 2 years past the market (like the original iPhone) and they'll be back out in front in every category.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think it's a good thing. It will show apple how s**t the ipad is. And now it's a knock off because its a big touch screen lmao gimme a break you apple fanboys.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

Hey look.. it's an iHater I can bet you past judgement on the iPad based on specs and articles and that you didn't go out and buy one and try it for yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple doesn't have to do anything as far as catch up is concerned until they see their market share level off or decrease. If and when this happens they will accelerate their hardware advancement to catch up or surpass the competition. If they can make a product that has lesser internal specs on paper but runs better and has a better UI experience because of more polished code and better touch screen response then they are winning the battle. Right now you have everyone trying to cram every single feature into one device and give it a faster processor and more memory and more MP.. etc etc... just to try and compete with Apple.. it's funny actually b/c none of them have come close to succeeding even a little bit. The good news is eventually Apple's sales will level off and they'll come out with something that shoots 2 years past the market (like the original iPhone) and they'll be back out in front in every category.
    Given Apple's track record with updates, I highly doubt them speeding up their release schedule for much of anything. It's just not what they do. As for the hardware updates, leave them out of the equation, because the different hardware configs muddy the waters too much for a basic comparison. Instead just use the "certified" Google phone, the Nexus One. It's basically the phone that Google itself envisioned its OS to be run on, instead of the crapfest phones that companies like Motorola are pushing just to make a buck (Backflip anyone?). That out of the way, I would stake a month's pay that no matter how much Apple tries to speed up its approval to actual update implementation, due to its closed source, one company approach it would never be faster than an open(ish) source being constantly pushed forward by multiple companies. It just doesnt seem possible to me.

Now thats not to say that Apple's updates suck, because when they are released, they are rock solid as far as stability is concerned, but from Android 2.0 to 2.1 took 3 months, and the stability was on par with Apple.

This is a more than competent competitor, and if the 4th generation iphone is nothing more than a basic upgrade like the last 3 editions have been, the marketshare is going to tilt 5 percent this year. And as far as being ahead of the market, I would dare to say the only area that Apple pushed forward was the UI. even the 3GS is underwhelming when looking at a spec sheet alone. The (downright unacceptable) lack of A2DP in the first iPhone told me all I needed to know about what they're doing with the feature set.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 04-15-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

So would the opposite of an iHater be an iNutSwinger?

Thanks

Poseidon79 - Why?

Why do you think they care? Why do you think they want to listen to any reasonable arguments? Why do you think they are not just trying to wind you up?

Whatever you say will not disuade them - only persuade them to wind you up more.

Why does it matter what they think?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-15-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    By the time iPad v3 or v4 is out then desktop computers will be a step ahead again. They are already putting faster and more core processors out there. This is something mobile will never catch up to because of the strain on battery for portable devices.
    Indeed, until they come out with a battery that has a better life to it, we will need to have a power/recharge source nearby.

I've found that I need to recharge my iPhone twice a day
    unless I don't do anything with it than it'll last the entire day.

Hmmmm starts dreaming of the atomic mobile battery... charge it once for 24hrs... you will never have to recharge again...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I use my iPhone fairly decent amount, data and voice, and I get a full day and half out of it. I do condition the battery at least once a month. Battery technology is basically the same for the better part of a decade. There needs to be a company that reinvents the battery. But that area is pretty much the same essentials with small changes to improve it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Are you kidding me?! The original iPhone had EVERYTHING compared to any other smartphone on the market. It was the most revolutionary mobile device of it's time. It was the first all touch screen phone ever. The iPad is the first functional tablet OTB that's worth buying! Apple is always first to debut a product.. Where's the Slate? Where's the Courier? Where's Dell's tablet? Where's Google's tablet?
    well said!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345