+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It's The WePad vs. The iPad This Summer

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
lol angry thread...ive had allll my friends hate on me for buying an ipad...then they use it...then they want one... Once you try out an ipad its a lot cooler
    Thanks

lol angry thread...ive had allll my friends hate on me for buying an ipad...then they use it...then they want one... Once you try out an ipad its a lot cooler than just reading about one.

Anyways..if you want a beast new computer buy a new macbook pro...i think i'm going to anyone want to encourage me further so i actually make the purchase of the core i7
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Not that this device wont be cool or anything but its just another "here today, gone tomorrow" device. There will be tablet devices coming out of the woodwork now.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So the 16 Gb made by a make no one has heard of is the same price as the Apple device? and the 32Gb at approx $777 is more expensive than the 32Gb with 3G from Apple?
    I'm not sure many people will think a few extra features are worth it.
    I could be wrong....
    iPad is branded by Apple but do you know who made it? China and Taiwan. I believe so is this WePad probably made by factory next door.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Are you kidding me?! The original iPhone had EVERYTHING compared to any other smartphone on the market. It was the most revolutionary mobile device of it's time. It was the first all touch screen phone ever. The iPad is the first functional tablet OTB that's worth buying! Apple is always first to debut a product.. Where's the Slate? Where's the Courier? Where's Dell's tablet? Where's Google's tablet?
    Pleeeeaaaase!? You're not objective anymore. The original iPhone had a lousy OS with no Apps(every other Phone had Apps), No UMTS, No GPS, No FrontCam, No Voice Control, Nothing really,which every phone already had. Even though you didn't need those feat.. Other people wanted them ,so they didn't buy it. Plus the iPhone wasn't that popular until the 3G came out. So stop praising sth., that didn't bring anything but a great UI and touchscreen (which existet before BTW). My N95 had more features.

And for the buying and selling part. Why would I go through that. Apple stuff is just fun. But if that fun only last 3 days until I realize what a featureless Product I bought, I don't want it. I'd rather wait for the next one.

Thanks

I am with the majority on one part, but concerned on the other.
    I WILL buy the wepad or whatever it is eventually called for three reasons.
    1. USB ports. come on Apple, get a dang clue.
    2. Flash. The rest of the world is ALREADY there.
    3. The German company that makes it has done their homework, and I tell you from experience, the German market is a tough one to break. The guarantee and warrantee have to be very good, and the product itself has to pass a LARGE amount of testing before they are offered to Joe Q. Public.
    Bottom line,
    the "international delay" combined with lower quality product from a higher quality company will not sway me. a smart man said it right. iphone was good. ipad 1st gen is trash. The kid on youtube with the baseball bat made one mistake. he took it out of the box!
    unklbyl

Thanks

Curious on the 3G ipad

Thanks

It's even crazier how one app on the iPad , the abc app, has gotten so much reviews and downloads and talk about
    ...what android app has done that? None....that shows you what potential and interest developers and users have for such an os...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    It's even crazier how one app on the iPad , the abc app, has gotten so much reviews and downloads and talk about
    ...what android app has done that? None....that shows you what potential and interest developers and users have for such an os...
    I don't see why you keep going on and on about android. The Appstore is a tried and true service that has been around for about two years. The android appstore has been around for far less. Give it some time to gather popularity. If you are basing it on the number of devs and applications, we can argue OSX is crap because the vast majority of applications being produced today are for Windows. With the acception of games (and yes, this is a BIG thing), my friends on android OS have all of the apps that I would ever want on my iPhone. That said, we weren;t getting amazing games like SFIV, Final Fantasy, etc. a few short months after the Apple appstore came out. Why expect any more of the android appstore in its infancy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Im curious... What would you guys use a USB port for? Keyboard? Buy a laptop. Webcam? Buy a laptop. Mouse?.. Hmm no.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sweet if microsofts is anything like this i will be purchasing it, without jb the ipad in my opinion is an internet browser.

Im curious... What would you guys use a USB port for? Keyboard? Buy a laptop. Webcam? Buy a laptop. Mouse?.. Hmm no.
    external hardrive, not being funny pos but i think your head is up apples butt, are you a fan boi? also im sure apple sell keyboards for the ipads?.. Hmm yes.
    Last edited by moneybanks14; 04-14-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybanks14 For This Useful Post:

bobby563 (04-14-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

"external hard drive"? so you want a company which has two models of a product, one having a larger storage capacity than the other, hence the higher price, to put a USB so you can connect an "external hard drive"?

wow

Thanks

So what if I like apple products. I also custom build my desktop PCs and like windows. I love to try out new technology and test different products. I pride myself in playing the devils advocate though to true justify things. External HD isn't a good reason.. A tablet is meant to be a secondary device with ultra portability. If you can't wait till you get home to sync your content onto your device then you didn't plan very well. No one wants to tote around a HD or a KB or a power source. Yes the iPad is compatible with keyboards but doesn't need a USB port

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    "external hard drive"? so you want a company which has two models of a product, one having a larger storage capacity than the other, hence the higher price, to put a USB so you can connect an "external hard drive"?

wow
    Lmao exactly lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what if I like apple products. I also custom build my desktop PCs and like windows. I love to try out new technology and test different products. I pride myself in playing the devils advocate though to true justify things. External HD isn't a good reason.. A tablet is meant to be a secondary device with ultra portability. If you can't wait till you get home to sync your content onto your device then you didn't plan very well. No one wants to tote around a HD or a KB or a power source. Yes the iPad is compatible with keyboards but doesn't need a USB port
    I don't think it's about whether you like them or not. I honestly love Apple products. But if they lack features, why lie to yourself. If something is ****** and could've been done way better if they didn't think only about their money, why not say it. If the current iPad is enough for you to buy(and we know that your going to upgrade) then just buy it, but don't defend it like it's perfect, cuz you know it's far away from being perfect.
    I don't know about USB, but I would like an SD-Slot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow I'm afraid to say I really like this thing. It's what a want in an iPad, but it's not an iPad so I probably won't get it. USBs are a must for me, and HDMI is huge a plus

Thanks

As much as people don't want to accept it.. Apple is a publicly traded company and the people that Steve Jobs has to answer to is the shareholders. Shareholders drive this company and care about profit and dividends year after year. From their perspective the first generation iPhone and iPad are perfect because they lack essential features and beg for an upgrade. So depending on what side you're on you may have a different view on things. If you were heavily invested in apple you could use your dividends to buy all the other "better" products on the market. Now that would be irony at it's best.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looks like all the features are there. Who said that you would plug your own external hard drive maybe it's someone else's. The ipad was suppose to be the device between the laptop and iPhone but it's not. I like apple but I'm holding my money until they stop holding the features.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

ipad wins because of all the fanboys and the app store...

Thanks

Gonna keep my eye on this one, really like the prospect of the Android Tablet.

Full Flash Support is a big seller for me on this.

Lets see how it fairs in field testing first though.

Thanks

syncing an ipod? boy, that's a new one