+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It's The WePad vs. The iPad This Summer

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
A tablet is only as good as the software you can run on it Last time I checked the android app store was a JOKE! For everyone else saying.. "OMG
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

A tablet is only as good as the software you can run on it Last time I checked the android app store was a JOKE! For everyone else saying.. "OMG these are all the things I wish Apple had put on their iPad"... you have no clue how their business model works. Do you think the maker of this WePad is going to be innovative enough to upgrade it in a way that makes you buy it year after year like most iPhone customers do? No way! Apple will do what they always do... give you just enough to make you upgrade.. but leave you wanting more.. and make BILLIONS and be one of the most successful companies in existence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    A tablet is only as good as the software you can run on it Last time I checked the android app store was a JOKE! For everyone else saying.. "OMG these are all the things I wish Apple had put on their iPad"... you have no clue how their business model works. Do you think the maker of this WePad is going to be innovative enough to upgrade it in a way that makes you buy it year after year like most iPhone customers do? No way! Apple will do what they always do... give you just enough to make you upgrade.. but leave you wanting more.. and make BILLIONS and be one of the most successful companies in existence.
    You know I get that. They can't put everything in it now. But what I don't get, is that they leave out technologie that is already "outdated" and then when they put it in the next generation, they pretend like it's the most innovative thing they ever did, when it's actually not. I hate that they lie to the customer.
    Personally I bought the iPhone 3g because the original iphone was just a joke, it had absolutely nothing. and for me it's the same with the iPad, of course I want it now cuz it's so cool, but the 2nd generation is going to have the real stuff. Same with my iMac. The 24" had crappy hardware so I didnt buy it. When the 27" came out, it was a no-brainer. With Apple you have to be Patient.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

oh i cant wait to get a wepad..oh wait i already have one,it's call ipad hahahahaha.man all these pads are not good for my monthly cycle,i'm confuse to which one to use hahahahhahaha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

XPROFESSIONAL1 (04-15-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobby563 View Post
    You know I get that. They can't put everything in it now. But what I don't get, is that they leave out technologie that is already "outdated" and then when they put it in the next generation, they pretend like it's the most innovative thing they ever did, when it's actually not. I hate that they lie to the customer.
    Personally I bought the iPhone 3g because the original iphone was just a joke, it had absolutely nothing. and for me it's the same with the iPad, of course I want it now cuz it's so cool, but the 2nd generation is going to have the real stuff. Same with my iMac. The 24" had crappy hardware so I didnt buy it. When the 27" came out, it was a no-brainer. With Apple you have to be Patient.
    Are you kidding me?! The original iPhone had EVERYTHING compared to any other smartphone on the market. It was the most revolutionary mobile device of it's time. It was the first all touch screen phone ever. The iPad is the first functional tablet OTB that's worth buying! Apple is always first to debut a product.. Where's the Slate? Where's the Courier? Where's Dell's tablet? Where's Google's tablet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I find it less and less cool that Apple intentionally leaves out key features so as to get first-gen buyers to upgrade. We are just now getting multi-tasking in the iphone and only got cut/past 9 months ago. Anyone who says that wasn't intentional is living under a rock. This damn tablet has been rumored 3+ years now and they still couldn't get a camera in it?? C'mon.

Plus, I've been a devoted iPhone user since the OG back in '07 and have owned all 3 iPhone versions but the Android platform is looking more appealing the more I see of it. Apple better be careful lest the lemmings wake up a realize Apple has been fleecing them on EVERY release for the last 3+ years.

You got a good point, Apple deliberately leaves features behind so users have to upgrade to the second version.

First iPhone I got was the 3G, 2G although it brought a lot of cool thing on the interface it lacked a lot to make me an early adopter.

I might get a second gen iPad or an Android equivalent.

Thanks

The funniest thing is... People act like their OBLIGATED to buy a product.. and complain that it doesn't have everything they want. Guess what.. stop complaining and wait a year.. or 2.. or however long it takes for Apple to come out with one that lives up to your standards that warrants a purchase. Otherwise be like the rest of the multi millions of consumers and DEAL WITH IT.. BUY IT... SELL IT in a year.. AND UPGRADE! Seriously.. Apple products hold their resale value like no other! You can usually get 70-80% back on your return after a year... then upgrade to the newest one for a minimal cost.

After 3 years and at least a dozen "iPhone killers"... Apple still has the largest market share. Palm is almost bankrupt... Phones with better specs still fail because the phone doesn't run smooth.. still has software bugs.. and isn't a good gaming device.

The same thing will happen with all these "iPad killers"... people will try them out.. realize the overall user experience isn't as seamless... the OS isn't nearly as optimized and polished... have almost no 3rd party apps to expand on their entertainment.. and go back to the iPad. I've seen this time and time again with my friends that sell their iPhones and buy a Droid.. or HTC.. My Touch.. Nexus... ALL of them come back to me 3 months later with an iPhone they want me to jailbreak.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 04-14-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (04-14-2010), tsatryan (04-14-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default i totally agree with you
    that's why apple will always get my money.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

XPROFESSIONAL1 (04-15-2010)

Thanks

Could we quote each other a little more?

I'd get this over the iPad based purely on the fact that it has USB and HDMI. That being said though, it will need to be capable of running something other than Android.. worse than iPhoneOS on a device that big.

If (and only if) the screen on this thing is comparable and it can run a "real" OS, I might be getting a Pad after all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

yo Pose chill out bro. why do you even defend apple this much. Customers are demanding the iPad to be have basic functionality and for good reason too, but apple is focusing on other things. The fact that apple uses patents against the competition from putting out a complete product is enough already especially when the only goal in mind is to upgrade us every year, and every year we have to break bank for apple. I'm a loyal customer and I want a complete product damn it.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 04-14-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you kidding me?! The original iPhone had EVERYTHING compared to any other smartphone on the market. It was the most revolutionary mobile device of it's time. It was the first all touch screen phone ever. The iPad is the first functional tablet OTB that's worth buying! Apple is always first to debut a product.. Where's the Slate? Where's the Courier? Where's Dell's tablet? Where's Google's tablet?
    The iPhone had everything other phones did minus MMS, camera flash, video recording... and I am sure the list goes on and on. The things the iPhone did BETTER than other phones of its time is that it was (and still is) the best and most responsive touch screen/GUI and media playback was (and still is) the best and it had a killer browser, although IMO it wasn't leaps and bounds ahead like it has been with its media playback and touch screen "slickness"

As far as it being the first tablet worth buying, that is your opinion. I am pretty sure people have found tablets worth buying before this one, else they wouldn't exist in the market. A more true statement is this is the first MEDIA centered tablet on the market. All others have been focused towards business and productivity, and frankly they do their INTENDED job better than the iPad would. The difference is that iPad's intended job isn't productivity.

And for what it's worth, the droid appstore still needs time to mature. Many of the good apps that we have on out Apple devices have made it to the droid store. Apple's appstore has just had that much more time to be filled to the brim with terrible, worthless apps.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-14-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    you got one company laying it all in the table for you versus apple who hasn't.

z3r01 your delusional, not even worth my time.

BTW i didn't say the iPAD is not a great device cuz I really do like it but the We sounds too good to pass up, after 14 days I could always return it for an iPad. no problem. the fangirls gotta stop attacking me for testing a device out.
    delusional im not...first off, like Poseidon said, the android market is to laugh at...second, even the manufacturer of the wepad said so himself.."this is not an iPad killer"...coming from a manufacturer thats about to enter the tablet market and say that means he has no faith in his product...in my books, thats a fail....your the delusional one blinded with words like flash and usb ports...which is why i posted the microwave with the usb port..u gonna get that too because it has USB and the iPad doesnt? ppssst..waste of my time...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    delusional even the manufacturer of the wepad said so himself.."this is not an iPad killer"...coming from a manufacturer thats about to enter the tablet market and say that means he has no faith in his product...in my books, thats a fail....
    Or he has taken a lesson in humility better than other companies and knows not to go bragging about his product line. Calling your product the "killer" of another product is stupid business.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

uh oh.. the WePad looks to be better to me.. flash support is alone perfect and we wont need to jailbreak it.. its already open sourced.. WEPad it is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    uh oh.. the WePad looks to be better to me.. flash support is alone perfect and we wont need to jailbreak it.. its already open sourced.. WEPad it is
    i myself wil be getting the HP slate when it arrives to see what its all about , but im still enjoying my iPad Flash free and not crying about it

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Competition is always a good thng, even if it won't presuade Apple to use Flash!

Thanks

yup, i just dont see the excitment on android tablets...android os is so boring..i had the g1, mytouch and the htc evo (test model) from sprint (which i only loved because of the 4G)

but android os uuugggghhh.....and their market is full of crap

im not an apple fanboi, im a technology fanboy and so far apple is giving me the cutting edge i like

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Screw the stupid ipad. I'm waiting for the Hp Slate. That retarded ipad uses a micro sim card and not the standard used in iPhones. The Slate has a standard sim card tray. That way u don't have to buy extra data.
    The ipad sucks rocks.
    Steve, go blow me!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. I hope adobe sues the paints of Apple. No flash support! Real stupid Steve!
    Last edited by surgeanator; 04-14-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

The same thing will happen with all these "iPad killers"... people will try them out.. realize the overall user experience isn't as seamless... the OS isn't nearly as optimized and polished... have almost no 3rd party apps to expand on their entertainment.. and go back to the iPad. I've seen this time and time again with my friends that sell their iPhones and buy a Droid.. or HTC.. My Touch.. Nexus... ALL of them come back to me 3 months later with an iPhone they want me to jailbreak.
    Your last sentence nails it. They only come back to the iPhone BECAUSE it can be jailbroken. How many of them would continue to put up with Apple's shenanigans were it not for jailbreaking? I wouldn't. If I ever do get an iPad, and that's a very big if, it would be after not only a couple of revisions but also a jailbreak.

I won't argue the fact that Android's app store blows chunks, but what everyone here seems to be ignoring is that Android and its app store is not the only game in town for the WePad, it's only half of the equation. From the WePad site:

We built a platform based on two established, well-known technologies, Android and Linux, meaning that software developers can dream up apps for anything you may want to do with your WePad (and even some things you might never have dreamed possible yourself). Its quick and simple and needless to say, any app that already exists for Android also runs on the WePad. Right out of the box.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple products hold their resale value like no other! You can usually get 70-80% back on your return after a year... then upgrade to the newest one for a minimal cost.
    This is so true. I sold my 3GS and was close to paying off my iPad alone. Apple products have remarkable resale value.

Thanks

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Stupid name. Who comes up for the names of these products...
    EDM