+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Adobe Prepping Major Lawsuit Against Apple?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by QWood13 Adobe has no valid reason to sue Apple because of that code, and I doubt that they'll even last a minute in court Oh but remember
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QWood13 View Post
    Adobe has no valid reason to sue Apple because of that code, and I doubt that they'll even last a minute in court
    Oh but remember in the mid/late 90's when people said the same thing about netscape suing to be included in windows. The courts ruled in favor of netscape, so i dont see it at all impossible that we will see a firmware update with full flash support.

After all if I bought a product that stated something along the lines of the capabilities of viewing websites like on home a computer. But wait I have no flash on my product that stated something along the lines of the capabilities of viewing websites like on a home computer. Why should someone tell me that I cant have flash cause they dont like them. bs

Green Apple
    Thanks

@nosnam Apple hates Flash because it's a memory hog. On my computer, Flash takes up at least 200 MB of space, and my music and movies and videos take up most of the space on my 8 gb iPod touch. People will be mad if Apple does add Flash because they'll have less memory than they would have had I. The first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I thought Apple approched Adobe long ago to make a suite for them to use with OSX. They said no so Apple created iLife. Later down the road Apple approached Adobe and asked them to look into fixing the issues with flash and OSX, again a no. And just the other day Adobe decided to say in a company blog "Screw Apple". Yea that sounds like Apple should really care if Adobe falls of the earth or not.

And Apple is not only blocking Flash to iPhone it is blocking others like Java and other language sources. Adobe is the only one throwing a fit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Actuallyx Adobe's NOT fighting for the public! They don't give a DAMN about the public!!! They just want their money back. They are some manipulators

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    I think any lawsuit would be bess about Apple's choice of not using their software on the iPhone/iPad .. as in .. browser support of flash .. I think it's more about eliminating the option of developers to use CS5 to develop native apps for the iPhone/iPad..

Apple is effectively cutting off the hands of many of the developers that have apps in the app store..

They are limiting the options for developers to write apps for their platform and locking them into Apple's expensive development platform.. If you're a windows or Linux guy looking for some way to write an app for the app store, you're SOL now..

I know this will eliminate a lot of the crap in the app store, but it also will likely push a flood of developers to other platforms and aid their competition.. What happens when the competition's app stores get bigger and have more options? it becomes more attractive for customers to use the competition... one of the main reasons I stay with iPhone is the massive app store.

I think Apple is doing something stupid... and I do think it was primarily aimed at preventing CS5 apps from coming in.. the timing is too perfect.
    Thank you for actually reading this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by devteamtools View Post
    this is just like nokia vs apple. completely pointless on adobe's part. they are just to sad that flash is going out of style.
    No, it can be proven that Apple use Nokia's technology, just because Apple do not think the rights to use it is fair does not mean they can use it and not pay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

If I were Adobe I would piss Apple off by releasing flash in Cydia.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sandstorm77 For This Useful Post:

cory (04-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Seriously????
    If Adobe pulled out of the Mac business it would hurt them more than Apple. They've already cornered the video-editing market. The Final Cut Suite blows the pants off of Premiere...I wouldnt put it past Apple to be developing Apps to take on Photoshop, After-Effects, InDesign...etc.

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Absolutley. If Adobe dumps CS5 from the Mac Apple will just come out with their own, likley superior, product. If theres one thing Apple does well its taking other companies product ideas and making them better.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@nosnam Apple hates Flash because it's a memory hog. On my computer, Flash takes up at least 200 MB of space, and my music and movies and videos take up most of the space on my 8 gb iPod touch. People will be mad if Apple does add Flash because they'll have less memory than they would have had I. The first place.

Do you have any clue what you're talking about at all?

Green Apple
    Thanks

@Success.Is.Sweet yes I do because that is one of the main reasons Apple refuses to put flash on iDevices. At least that's what they're telling the public

Thanks

If it were Microsoft behaving as Apple is right now, people would be calling for Bill Gates', and anti-trust lawsuits would be flying up and down.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

I have hear RUMORS around that they are suing over patent infregment on some UI methods the iPhone OS has. As to whe methods they are talking about I am not 100% sure. Once again just another rumor. So this could be complete BS. haha. We will have to wait to see.

I though apple had their stuff together over all of their UI. I was thinking hay they had patents for just about ever line of code in the iPhone OS. haha
    Sent from my iPad

Thanks

If they sue because of a monopoly or antitrust, Adobe may have a case. Think MS and IE v the EU.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

=[

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    If they sue because of a monopoly or antitrust, Adobe may have a case. Think MS and IE v the EU.
    that is completely different.

apple isnt forcing everyone to use some other apple product to handle flash. there just is no flash.

Besides, I would much rather have silverlight then flash any day

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry. But I for one would love to have flash on my iPhone and iPad!!!!! I hopoe apple gives in FFS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Release it to the jailbreak community. Everyone will flock to jb devices and those who cant will shun apple for punishing them by not releasing the flash integration. Sales and subsequent returns will drain apple and apple will give in when countless reports flourish regarding the lack of adverse effects that apple "magically" pulled out of thin air.

Thanks

I disagree. An argument can be made that apple is closing their OS much like MS did to other browsers.

Thanks

@Success.Is.Sweet yes I do because that is one of the main reasons Apple refuses to put flash on iDevices. At least that's what they're telling the public
    No, Flash is apparently a CPU hog on Macs, but with the newest version of Flash where it spreads the load between the CPU and GPU, this is no longer an issue. Apple is further saying that battery life would be completely ruined. Watch these videos and see for yourself:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wuJ129d0w]YouTube - Flash Player 10.1 on Motorola Droid[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpI6gA9cuME]YouTube - FLASH PLAYER ADOBE RUNNING ON PALM PRE[/ame]

Truth is, Apple just has a grudge against Flash and is going against the wishes of most of it's users (and brainwashing the rest, like Apple does about their devices) by not including it.

HTML5 is not going to be mainstream for years to come, and will likely not completely replace Flash. Apple is putting all of their eggs in one basket with HTML5, whose future is largely unknown at this point.

The fact is that Flash is now, and will be the predominant software for internet movies and games for at least a few more years. Banking on something that is barely implemented and completely ruling out what is already out there is just stupid and arrogant.

Thanks

HTML5 will conquer flash
    Keithsta