Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Custom Firmwares Are Right Around The Corner

yeah thats what i was about to post about the saving of the certain files like we did when we got our 3GS. So we can restore.

also that picture is great. Thats like the "Geohot" movie on youtube that we are not allowed to talk about...(jk) Which I still think is funny im sorry hah

but anyway back to the ipad.

Was using diskaid with the ipad and though I can not get to root with it i was able to extract some files from the media partion.

Does this mean i'll be able to capture my firmware (backup my phone)? I'm soo afraid of bricking my phone right now.

The question is when will this be released. No one knows how many exploits there are but Apple is doing a very tricky thing. Releasing OS 4 to iPod/iPhones in Summer and waiting to release OS until fall for iPads. Partly I think this is a move to keep jailbreakers at bay. Obviously if a jailbreak is released during the summer after OS 4 and the new iPhone is released Apple will release OS 4 for the iPad in the fall plugging any holes exploited by a jailbreak. I am afraid we might be waiting till end of year for a true jailbreak for OS 4.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Exciting! Jailbreakers are working fast on this....awesome!

Default Done!!!
    I HAVE DONE IT!
    Last edited by SwayProductions; 04-09-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SwayProductions View Post
    I HAVE DONE IT!
    Need more proof than that :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm hopefully that once it's public saurik will start to cache these iPad shsh signatures also. But 4 is a while off so they will be signing 3.2 for iPad for a while.

Haha iWish...i photoshopped it.

its funny how people would ask for proof from geohot....do u really need proof from him?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Can't wait
    Keithsta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12