+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Don't Keep Your iPad in the Sun... or in the Refrigerator

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by s4mb4 this is a STUPID article. Every single iPhone and iTouch exhibits this EXACT same behavior. why are you calling out the iPad??? my iphone and ipod
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    this is a STUPID article. Every single iPhone and iTouch exhibits this EXACT same behavior. why are you calling out the iPad???
    my iphone and ipod touch have never ever overheated. ever. and im on that **** all day every day. stop trying to back up apple's most retarded release yet.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    But then you will be a guinea pig for the 2nd gen. It may be best to wait for 3rd gen. But... then you would be a guinea pig for the 3rd gen, may need to wait for 4th gen. :
    Lol. Just don't buy one if you're willing to wait like two years lol, there'll be an Apple iHoverCraft in the next 6 months the way apples just releasing ****.
    Last edited by kingbijan; 04-07-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the "I sit in the sun and nothing has happened" comments. Flaws are not going to manifest themselves in every single product, unless it was a sever flaw in design or the assemnly line. Just because YOU have had no issues, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 300,000 have sold on day one if I am not mistaken? That makes YOU 1/300k people that have not YET seen the issue. I remember the issues when the 3G came out with dead pixels. I went through two phones before I got one without dead pixels. At the time I was reading some go through as many as eight and some who were fine with their first (they either didn't care, or, more likely, it wasn't flawed to begin with). It would have been foolish of me to say that my product has no issues therefore I don't see why people are complaining. As has been said, consumer complaint is the way we get companies to improve on their product. Without consumer feedback we would see much less advancement. GET OVER the fact that you are happy and jolly with your device and accept the fact that there are flaws and people are voicing their opinions on them. IT WILL ONLY MAKE THE GEN 2 PRODUCT BETTER!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (04-07-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I like the "I sit in the sun and nothing has happened" comments. Flaws are not going to manifest themselves in every single product, unless it was a sever flaw in design or the assemnly line. Just because YOU have had no issues, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 300,000 have sold on day one if I am not mistaken? That makes YOU 1/300k people that have not YET seen the issue. I remember the issues when the 3G came out with dead pixels. I went through two phones before I got one without dead pixels. At the time I was reading some go through as many as eight and some who were fine with their first (they either didn't care, or, more likely, it wasn't flawed to begin with). It would have been foolish of me to say that my product has no issues therefore I don't see why people are complaining. As has been said, consumer complaint is the way we get companies to improve on their product. Without consumer feedback we would see much less advancement. GET OVER the fact that you are happy and jolly with your device and accept the fact that there are flaws and people are voicing their opinions on them. IT WILL ONLY MAKE THE GEN 2 PRODUCT BETTER!
    Glad you liked the comment.

Point is, EVERY product made has some units that fail. If you have a device that fails, you should seek out help and a replacement just as you would with any other device. No one, me included, is saying otherwise. While my 1 out of 300k works flawlessly I think it's safer to say that these devices that are overheating at 70 degrees are anomalies that fall under the same "lemon" description as any other device.

The few voices that have issues certainly garner much more attention over vast majority who have not sustained a single issue since purchase. If people want to voice the flaws they are having, thats fine, but those who have ZERO issues will continue to voice their opinion as well. If you want customer service to improve on a product they need to know both sides of the story....feedback can be positive as well as negative. I guess we should all refrain from leaving positive reviews on Apps in the App store too! I for one will remain happy and jolly regardless.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Right from apples website...

iPad:
    Environmental requirements

* Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F (0 to 35 C)
    * Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F (-20 to 45 C)
    * Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
    * Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
    iPhone 3GS:

* Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F (0 to 35 C)
    * Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F (-20 to 45 C)
    * Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
    iPod Nano:

* Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F
    (0 to 35 C)

* Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F
    (-20 to 45 C)
    * Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
    (3000 m)
    Something tells me I won't have any issues. They seem to be using the same guidelines for everything. Just a generic "your shouldn't exceed this, but 10 either way probably wont hurt."

Don't be stupid, leaving it in the sun will over heat it.. DUH, putting it in the freezer will freeze it... DUH...
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-07-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple wanted to make money.
    Apple threw the innards of an iPhone 3gs into a larger package with a faster CPU to save money.
    Now apple will see the results of just supersizing their existing products to save money and make profits

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Wow...I'm sick of this crap. We're on an apple forum, and people like calvinbui still come in here and talk this crap. I'm not going to argue what you said, even though you are more than wrong. The fact is that this forum is for people to discuss Apple products and all I keep seeing is people trashing other people just for liking a product. So what, other people like something you don't...do you trash other people that buy other phones that you don't have? Or that buy other every-day products you don't have? I can see it now..."Psh, you bought the 120GB PS3? That's just an oversized 60GB PS3." Or maybe "Oh, you bought a 60" Plasma? That's such crap, it's just an oversized 19" TV." By the way, this isn't just devoted to calvinbui, but anyone else posting this crap on the forums. If you don't like a product and don't want it, that's fine, but don't trash talk the people that do. Geez, just leave it alone already.
    Well first of all, last time I checked this site was called ModMyi not ModMyMac and was originally intended to be a site devoted to the modding of iDevices, with Apple products having a backseat so no, it isn't exactly an Apple forum. Second, the only people who have been "trashing" other people when it comes to the iPad discussions are the people who actually have the iPads. Users have been making comments like "Oh this is pointless, a laptop can do this better, lawl this iz a peece uv crap" and the iPad owners will reply with comments such as "Ha you're just jealous, you just don't understand (and one annoying user ends every post with hahahahahahaha)" or in the vein of the more harsh responses such as your own "ALL THESE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ARE JUST POOR, OMG THEY'RE JUST STUPID, WHY ARE THEY COMPLAINING?! GET OUT" So if you should be talking to someone else about actually trashing another human being as opposed to $260 worth of silicone, glass, and copper.

Oh and if you bought any PS3 other than the 60GB you're a moron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Well first of all, last time I checked this site was called ModMyi not ModMyMac and was originally intended to be a site devoted to the modding of iDevices, with Apple products having a backseat so no, it isn't exactly an Apple forum.)

Welcome to ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone community. Affectionately coined MMi

Thanks

ModMyI needs to start requiring IQ tests before people are allowed to post. -_-

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Suckers. We don't have the direct sunlight problem in upstate new york.

Quote Originally Posted by Classick View Post
    ModMyI needs to start requiring IQ tests before people are allowed to post. -_-
    El oh el!

Thanks

haha my 3gs overheats all the time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    @ hitman10: Apple prides itself in making sensible useable and user-friendly products and over time, devotees and haters alike have come to expect nothing short of perfect...so if something does go wrong, people will and should complain in order for Apple to do things better next time (that's what complaining about faults aims to achieve)...also, that's what forums like this are for, and also for matured like minds to have a conversation in a civilised manner...not for little minds
    There is a difference between complaining and criticism. Making a constructive criticism will help apple. If you want to complain and cry. Go somewhere else. Forums are not made for you to cry about how much you hate something unless the title is I HATE THE IPAD but clearly since you can read it not titled that at all. So next time you go and write something like your the man, How's about you just close your computer and put your head between your pathetic legs until you passout.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want to add that I live in las Vegas and have spent two summers working outdoors in the 115f heat and iPhone 3g and 3gs were fine.

What isn't fine? iPhone cables die in the heat. I would buy a brand new charger every year and it would die. I finally bought a generic car adapter I can plug any USB device into. When the iPod cable dies the fuse in the charger prevents it damage to the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtopilot View Post
    welcome to modmyi.com - your premier apple & iphone community. Affectionately coined mmi
    Somehow some people miss that...or just don't want to see it. I think their hate for Apple has blinded them..
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-07-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don't disagree there could be some issues with people's devices. I just disagree that people are calling the product a fail when the majority of people have not had the issues. Unfortunately, the news only focuses on the few who have had some issues.

Thanks

Sounds bad for the A4 since it's a 3 layered component

Thanks

this is another reason why you shouldnt buy the first production run of most things, there are going to be problems!
    JB FTW!
    My Themes
    iClass

Thanks

overheating books? reminds me of...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metallica_man View Post
    this is another reason why you shouldnt buy the first production run of most things, there are going to be problems!
    Yet you have a 1st gen iPod

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default guess what
    This is going to be a HUGE issue.

I live in Arizona... I've had the first iPhone with the aluminum backing and I currently have the MacBook Pro (unibody). When it's summertime, it's always over 100 degrees, sometimes topping at 120 degrees. That's no exaggeration. Now imagine what the cars here get to be when left in the sun. DUH don't leave your stuff in your car here, BUT i've even had my MBP in my backpack/bag and got in the car when it's extremely hot inside after sitting in the sun for half the day and that alone heats up my MBP.

Hopefully no one ever leaves their iPad in their car PERIOD here. They'll be screwed...

unless they have that little 3rd party insurance thing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vegassteven View Post
    Apple wanted to make money.
    Apple threw the innards of an iPhone 3gs into a larger package with a faster CPU to save money.
    Now apple will see the results of just supersizing their existing products to save money and make profits
    so you are telling me I can swap the inside of the iPad to my 3GS?

Don't be stupid. Do you know how many of those android phones use the same chips ALL OF THEM!