+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newest iPad Peripheral: a Car

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
yes. not gonna happen. but still a sick idea.
    Thanks

yes. not gonna happen. but still a sick idea.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol next they'll be using a MacBook to control the speaker volume. Talk about a product living up to it's full potential.

I'd take the ipad and sell the car...
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 04-06-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They wanna say its "so dangerous" or "stupid" but people have in dash 7" pioneer and alpine and indash dvd screens etc, yet no one complains. But i guess everyone now works for the D.O.T now, smdh yet still speed and do more dangerous things. I think its a cool thing period

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It looks like an extremely crappy install, it wasn't thought out very well, and it was installed by some moron with a stupid pair of sunglasses that he wears thinking he's cool. They only did this to attract attention and it shows what a crappy installer they are overall. I guess to be a stereo installer you have to wear sunglasses and dress like an idiot. Hopefully people will see the gimmick for what it is and see the bad quality and planing of this installer and stay away. And people who wear sunglasses indoors are retards. Yeah, I said it. Retards.
    You also have to take into consideration the install budget, Not everyone wants a full fiberglass dash or can afford to mold a IPad in the dash with motorized release springs running on actuators etc. There alot of people who will buy top dollar equipment and go cheap on the install plus with that truck, and the way the dash bezel is configured there arent many options without making a full fiberglass mold and reconstruct it from scratch, which might be out of the budget
    Last edited by Eiswritsat; 04-06-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    Books...what are you thinking?

We obviously need to have a accelerometer in it so we can play doodle jump by switching lanes!
    lol that would be so funny

Thanks

this is just starting to get ridiculous!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

In the sun that thing will make a perfect rearview mirror. Or a backseat mirror so you can see what the kids are up to.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Touch screens are a bad idea for car stereos because you have to look at the screen. Normal stereos have buttons you can feel.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    How could you think about books with the possibility of...doodle jump. This isn't The Odyssey we're talking about here, nor is it Harry Potter, this is the iPad in a car. There is only one option...

Steering-wheel controlled Doodle Jump.
    LOL.... i love it.. lets make an app for it.

adp
    Thanks

Great idea! Let's use the iPad as a substitute to a navigation device!

oh wait...

FAIL
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

dang this is a cool idea. Imagine a touchscreen full Itunes library right on your dash. If it can get AM/FM then I'm doing it! It's a cooler looking navigation screen

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Touch screens are a bad idea for car stereos because you have to look at the screen. Normal stereos have buttons you can feel.
    It all depends on how you get used to it. My Ford F150 came from factory with no buttons on the radio...all touch screen controls for NAVI and audio/video. USE YOUR PERIPHERALS!!!
    Last edited by giancarlo; 04-07-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    "It looks like an extremely crappy install, it wasn't thought out very well, and it was installed by some moron with a stupid pair of sunglasses that he wears thinking he's cool. They only did this to attract attention and it shows what a crappy installer they are overall. I guess to be a stereo installer you have to wear sunglasses and dress like an idiot. Hopefully people will see the gimmick for what it is and see the bad quality and planing of this installer and stay away. And people who wear sunglasses indoors are retards. Yeah, I said it. Retards."

All I can say is...... Wow.......
    Show me one thing that makes this even remotely useful. It's too big in that dash, has zero integration, it wasn't even attempted to make it look even somewhat like it belongs there, and it extremely bad as far as glare goes. Just look at it, it looks horrible in that car. It's not even useful as something to distract your kids on long road trips. It serves no purpose in a car other than to get attention for an installer that just hits on gimmicks. See West Coast Customs/AutoSport or whatever and so on. No innovation, no sense, no talent, just gimmicks and repetition. They do the same crap over and over again. The website for this shop even sucks, you look at what they offer and it sends you to alot of the manufacturers websites. The iPad has no place in that car because it's too big and I can't see how you would enjoy moving your head around trying to see what's on the screen from all the glare.

But nice rebuttal by the way. Nothing as far as a dissenting opinion, just 'wow'.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk283 View Post
    What a dangerous thing to due
    I suppose you drive with no stereo, climate controls, Phone turned off, and no passengers?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychodave View Post
    I suppose you drive with no stereo, climate controls, Phone turned off, and no passengers?
    i was thinking the same thingm lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekid05's Avatar
    Thanks

very cool!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Show me one thing that makes this even remotely useful. It's too big in that dash, has zero integration, it wasn't even attempted to make it look even somewhat like it belongs there, and it extremely bad as far as glare goes. Just look at it, it looks horrible in that car. It's not even useful as something to distract your kids on long road trips. It serves no purpose in a car other than to get attention for an installer that just hits on gimmicks. See West Coast Customs/AutoSport or whatever and so on. No innovation, no sense, no talent, just gimmicks and repetition. They do the same crap over and over again. The website for this shop even sucks, you look at what they offer and it sends you to alot of the manufacturers websites. The iPad has no place in that car because it's too big and I can't see how you would enjoy moving your head around trying to see what's on the screen from all the glare.

But nice rebuttal by the way. Nothing as far as a dissenting opinion, just 'wow'.
    Here is how it can be usefull....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLtQ6dBPjE]YouTube - Ipadincarinstall2.MPG[/ame]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VegasNate For This Useful Post:

trevormullins (04-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Badass it's no different than having an in dash nav unit as far as the people talking about it being dangerous. And it's real I have seen the install video on YouTube on a different car model.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw this build on youtube I think its pretty cool. Be super sick to stream Pandora while driving.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123