+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newest iPad Peripheral: a Car

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
but what if the airbag comes out and throws your ipad at your face that would hurt
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

but what if the airbag comes out and throws your ipad at your face that would hurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was wondering about this...connecting to your car will be great...I hope and wonder if its possible for someone to make a doc connector that is a GPS chip? That would be amazing!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I can see one good application for this: integrate it with the ECU and u have the potential for a very extensive datalogger.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

i am planning on doing this, since i already did with my phone it would be nicer to have a bigger screen for movies (for watching at a park or passenger) Music while driving and im waiting for the 3g one cause i also plan on using it as a GPS which the 3g one has... I can't wait to figure out where i'm gonna put it though! Awesome Fit in that truck!

Thanks

who needs ipads in your car? i just stare at a book that i cradle between my thighs while i drive, who needs this?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sory i would not do that in my ML500, as much as i love my ipad .my windows cost too much to have to replace,because there are a lot of low life people out there that would break your car windows just to get to the ipad lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    I think that's fake unless u can tilt the ipad like sbrotator becuz the icons r in landscape mode

And jailbreaking isn't officially possible for almost everyone yet
    it's real man. Head on over to engadget or 9to5mac for the actual video.

Thanks

ipad does landscape mode bro

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming.llama View Post
    LMAO that's rich!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hollow0 For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (04-06-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok that's cool we can have the tom tom app on it so it can be a navigation (when the 3g comes out) and listen to music and watch movies when i'm waiting on someone that's awesome! and no i'm not going to read a book while i drive or play a game i don't do that with my iphone so why would you think i would with a in dash ipad?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    any comment besides

a. "that's pretty cool"
    b. "that's cool"
    c. "that's awesome"

should be ignored
    i second that you have give the guy credit this is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by izoom View Post
    i can see one good application for this: Integrate it with the ecu and u have the potential for a very extensive datalogger.
    now thats a great idea
    Last edited by rickybobby; 04-06-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Thanks

Fail.

The iPad is not installed on your steering wheel nor on top of the passenger's airbag. Some of you have some f'd up logic.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Having a screen like this in a car certainly isn't new at all. I fail to see why this would be innately more dangerous being an ipad than an other in-dash screen. Cool idea. I don't think the ipad has gps though? Would be an awesome setup...

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    sory i would not do that in my ML500, as much as i love my ipad .my windows cost too much to have to replace,because there are a lot of low life people out there that would break your car windows just to get to the ipad lol.
    Yes, I am sure the thing isn't removable to... I don't know, sync it and load songs/apps...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-06-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was thinking the same thing. That made me lol just at the thought of it someone sitting there and then someone crashes into them and then the airbag sets off and then the ipad flies off and hits your face..... not the best life saver..... but it would be cool..... right when it hits your face steve jobs shows up on the screen.... hes smiling ......

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Fail.

The iPad is not installed on your steering wheel nor on top of the passenger's airbag. Some of you have some f'd up logic.
    So what airbags have a big area that they cover when they are inflated the steering or the curtain or the passenger could inflate and knock the ipad right off..... airbags are strong and even an edge could get caught and make it fly off.... for those who say that would be a safety hazard and isnt possible.... this is a mod the ipad isnt suppose to fit perfectly..... it is a safety hazard just being there but still is cool
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 04-06-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    Hellooooo, of course you are not going to leave your iPad attached to your car while you are out of it... It can be removed, its not permanent there.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

texas heat =fail ipad.im sure it would fry it!

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    Any comment besides

a. "that's pretty cool"
    b. "that's cool"
    c. "that's AWESOME"

Should be ignored
    d. oh **** I should have been watching the road
    e. somebody, call an Ambulance
    f. help Me
    Last edited by dsg; 04-06-2010 at 08:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Timka21105's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonii View Post
    fail
    I agree, what a tard.
    Tima Kudinov

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It looks like an extremely crappy install, it wasn't thought out very well, and it was installed by some moron with a stupid pair of sunglasses that he wears thinking he's cool. They only did this to attract attention and it shows what a crappy installer they are overall. I guess to be a stereo installer you have to wear sunglasses and dress like an idiot. Hopefully people will see the gimmick for what it is and see the bad quality and planing of this installer and stay away. And people who wear sunglasses indoors are retards. Yeah, I said it. Retards.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

"It looks like an extremely crappy install, it wasn't thought out very well, and it was installed by some moron with a stupid pair of sunglasses that he wears thinking he's cool. They only did this to attract attention and it shows what a crappy installer they are overall. I guess to be a stereo installer you have to wear sunglasses and dress like an idiot. Hopefully people will see the gimmick for what it is and see the bad quality and planing of this installer and stay away. And people who wear sunglasses indoors are retards. Yeah, I said it. Retards."

All I can say is...... Wow.......