+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Apps You Want - 1st Impressions

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
ipad is still pointless the screen size and better specs compared to the phones are the only difference. the phones can do the same except there screen size is small.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ipad is still pointless the screen size and better specs compared to the phones are the only difference. the phones can do the same except there screen size is small. i will eventually get a ipad but thats when they are at a reasonable price for what it does and also when it actually can do something my phone cant do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    I hope beejive does a universal binary version of their app. I'm getting tired of all these developers remaking the same app For iPad and slapping a $9.99 price tag on it.
    I totally agree. I dropped quite a bit of $$ on my iphone Apps. It sucks to have to pay full price for the software twice. That said, I would be ok with an appstore upgrade model where you could pay an extra buck or two to activate the ipad version. Afterall, the devs do have to put additional work into the apps to optimize them for the ipad's interface.
    ================================
    Happily hacking my iPhone since 1.0

Don't forget, it is polite to say Thank you!
    ================================

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I love these thread's where they try to justify to everyone why they bought an iPad. If the iPad was so awesome there would be no justification needed. Sorry, It's a big iPod touch!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,779 Times in 1,213 Posts

The vast majority of people explaining why the iPad is nothing more than a big iPod Touch are people who haven't spent more than 10 minutes with one.

Interesting. )

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have been on my pad nonstop with numerous demos for days. Combined with MyWi, who needs to wait for the 3G?
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can you walk down the street while using it without worrying about dropping it? You can't? You have to sit it down in your lap like a laptop? Oh, so wait when is it more beneficial to use this instead of a laptop other than to be the center of attention?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Can you walk down the street while using it without worrying about dropping it? You can't? You have to sit it down in your lap like a laptop? Oh, so wait when is it more beneficial to use this instead of a laptop other than to be the center of attention? :
    Ok since previous thread all u have is negativity for the device...right ok we established this...everyone here know u don't like the iPad...so why do u still go on? Is it attention? Is that it? U want attention...seriously , and yes , actually I do walk with it and don't worry about dropping it...do you walk with a 19inch MacBook pro without worry to drop it?

And if it's pointless, then why are u still getting it rapt0r? I think that is pointless...I don't get how the thread title is "iPad apps you want" and people are posting iPad hate opinions that are irrelevant to the topic...

Quote Originally Posted by firedog341 View Post
    I have been on my pad nonstop with numerous demos for days. Combined with MyWi, who needs to wait for the 3G?
    Actually I finally have the sprint overdrive 4G now connected to my iPad! 4G ftw!
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-06-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks
    what about an updated slingplayer app with better quality video playback more like the desktop version. A web developer tool for it would be awesome also!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwalkd9 View Post
    what about an updated slingplayer app with better quality video playback more like the desktop version. A web developer tool for it would be awesome also!
    That's exactly what I want. And while they are at it, how about updating the Mac version so that it has at least the quality and features the windoze version has had for at least a year now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    That's exactly what I want. And while they are at it, how about updating the Mac version so that it has at least the quality and features the windoze version has had for at least a year now.
    i think that it depends on the your signal the level of quality

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    One I felt was important is textPlus... you can send text messages from your iPad and its free! However it does have a small add in the left hand corner of the screen... I am sure they will be coming out with a ad free version like they did for the iPhone...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textp...314487667?mt=8

NewsRack is nice also for a RSS reader... also a bonus the iPad version is a free upgrade version of the iPhone version!

NewsRack for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

For a irc client I am using Colloquy for the iPhone on my iPad... works great!

I also read that if you have the app 1Password Pro they have updated it to work with the iPad.
    yes i got the text+ for ipad it's awesome haha but i dont udnerstand what's so bad about the add? haha it doesn't get in the way.

ipad is amazing i really didn't think that it would be much better tha the iphone because it seemed to be just a big one, but holy crap it's so not love netflix on it :P and NOVA and the internet and mail and ipod are jsut way nicer i love tha it has a spinboard in it, spinboard dint' work for my iphone so i'm glad apple put this on the ipad and with the spin lock that is a huge plus too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As far as IDE's go, that was the first thing i looked for. I found this MIDES IDE which has been adjusted for the IPAD and was updated today to 1.18.1 after a few teething problems around the ipad.

The UI needs a bit of polish (navigation) but you can access your mac through FTP and then edit js, html, php etc and preview, save files to local file system. For me its a great way to look at projects on the go over coffee or beer eg. working on a bit of html, js or css to play around with whilst taking a break. The Ipad is perfect for it. I prefer this to jaadu or trying to work with a vnc client using remote desktop.

So fo those that don't want to wait for coda, maybe check it out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The same thing happen to me also but at my baby's Day Care, all the chic there wanna see my ipad and it took me an hour to get out of there lol.
    NOW WHERE ARE THOSE GUYS ARE .. ******** about ipad .... don't you feel shame about your comment.
    anyway we ( FANBOY) because we all know you guys are just jealous but it's ok, look just to be with you ( window guys) I have started using window lol...... and put my i7 in box, ARE you happy now ..

now one thing I must say that I DO NOT WANT IPAD WIFI .... I want ipad wifi+ 3g, because every time I have call coming to my iphone and mywi stops working and that is a big pain so I decided about 3g ipad and called Apple and this Great Guy on apple support did not even charged me for restocking fee ( GOD bless him) he told me to even don't send ipad right now as 3g will be coming late april so he told me to keep using it till 16th and then send it
    in that kool ...... ha ha ha ha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    The same thing happen to me also but at my baby's Day Care, all the chic there wanna see my ipad and it took me an hour to get out of there lol.
    NOW WHERE ARE THOSE GUYS ARE .. ******** about ipad .... don't you feel shame about your comment.
    anyway we ( FANBOY) because we all know you guys are just jealous but it's ok, look just to be with you ( window guys) I have started using window lol...... and put my i7 in box, ARE you happy now ..

now one thing I must say that I DO NOT WANT IPAD WIFI .... I want ipad wifi+ 3g, because every time I have call coming to my iphone and mywi stops working and that is a big pain so I decided about 3g ipad and called Apple and this Great Guy on apple support did not even charged me for restocking fee ( GOD bless him) he told me to even don't send ipad right now as 3g will be coming late april so he told me to keep using it till 16th and then send it
    in that kool ...... ha ha ha ha
    my MyWi works splendid when people call me...i dont know why yours does that

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know Z3 but i F** my 2 3gs phone like this,
    i was connected to mywi and all of sudden my signal drops out and it restarted in recovery mode and I run blackra1n so many time but nothing happened.
    so I guess I am done with mywi and in any way $30 wont bother me to go for a 3g model and you never know when you needed that and then you cant go back in any way I am not paying anything extra as the apple guy did not charged me any restocking fee.
    for now I am using my last 3rd 3gs (JB) I don't know when that one dies too...
    I havent updated my recovered 3gs iphone as I have another one, waiting Mr GEOHOT to show his magic as lots of people say if you update from factory firmware the boot loader will change so I am keeping it safe till GEO come out

Thanks

elements, tweetdeck and studio track. Awesome! i kind of wish the iphones tweetdeck looked more like this one though [*frowny*]
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont know if anyone likes pinball but the ESPN basketball pinball is a lot of fun to play. so far my top score is 647k. I love it and its addicting.

Thanks

If I could get iPad versions of Sony ACID and Sony Vegas...hell, I'd buy one. That would be absolutely incredible to mix music and videos with my fingers.

Thanks
    I want an IPad

Thanks

You know what would be nice... an ipad **** alternative... Write and **** on an ipad via a sandbox of some sort..
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-10-2010 at 02:35 PM.