Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Sees Battery Charging and Wi-Fi Connection Glitches

Quote Originally Posted by danfarmer View Post
    just check other posts. Apple or who-ever your source was wrong. I AM CHARGING IPAD WITH USB. Proof is in the pudding!
    Just read the post above yours....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I havent had any issues either,even if they put out an update i will not update my device.i see where this going, apple puts update and you are unable to jailbreak right not me hahahahaha.

@Melech518

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    My source is Apple. Feel free to give them a call yourself. I have very close connections with apple and this is realistic information.
    Stop embarrassing yourself, it says right on apples website you can plug it into a computer to charge it.

Apple - iPad - View the technical specifications for iPad.

Battery and power

* Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
    * Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
    * Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network
    * Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
    Freakin idiot. Hate people like you, spout off some stupid, blatantly wrong info and then say you are basically buddies with one of the apple employees...

Grow up.

iPad: Charging the battery

iPad has an internal, rechargeable battery. To charge the battery, try the following:

* Connect iPad to a power outlet using the included cable and the 10W USB power adapter.
    * Connect to a high-power USB 2.0 port using the included cable.

Note: Some USB 2.0 ports and accessories do not provide enough power to charge iPad. When this occurs the message "Not Charging" appears in the status bar next to the battery icon.
    so, two apple pages VS some 12 year olds "apple buddies facts"
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-05-2010 at 08:53 PM.

My source is Steve Jobs! He told me you can charge it via USB last weekend when we played a round of golf and THEN raced our Prius's around the Cupertino campus! LOL.
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

If I may clarify, as I'm sure many of you know, the iPad comes with a 10W Charger adapter. This is because the iPad takes, you guessed it, 10 watts of power to charge. Now, it has been confirmed that you can charge it VERY SLOWLY from usb IF it is asleep. If you are using it and is connected via usb, it WILL NOT charge. So, go with the wall adapter.

Melech is not a "12 year old". He does hardware repairs. He will help you with hardware repairs and owns a apple repair shop I believe.

But besides the point please keep it civil in here and stay near topic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Melech518 (04-05-2010)

Oh the beauty of Internet insults.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

while writing out a 3-4 paragraph post on another website, my wifi glitched out 3 times. it would try to reconnect 5 or 6 times and keep giving me errors along the way. I just concluded I had to sit back and wait for it to fix itself. no lock mode involved. screen was on the whole time, then suddenly had seizures.

it's not the router, as nothing else on the network is having any problems. if it persists, Apple will be getting this device returned. when it comes to a stable wifi connection, it needs to "just work".

Quote Originally Posted by CMOSlabs View Post
    Im using the WRT350N and it does B,G and N. I set it up for 40mhz wideband ch-5 and channel 3 for the standard ch. , and using a basic 64bit wep key. Hope this helps out.
    people. don't compromise the safety and security of your network and networked computers by dropping your security to WEP just to try to accommodate your iPad. that's a patently absurd compromise.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 04-06-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well...that's my consolation for it not having arrived in the UK yet....by the time it gets here and I get one, all the glitches would hopefully have been sorted out

If you have a jailbroken iPhone, install mywi from cydia and use it to tether internet for your iPad. It's cool when you're outside and you use your iPad to connect to the internet, thus no need to buy the 3G version and pay for the monthly bill.

For security purposes always dedicate all your gadgets to your wifi.
    Last edited by randelljack; 04-06-2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by randelljack View Post
    If you have a jailbroken iPhone, install mywi from cydia and use it to tether internet for your iPad. It's cool when you're outside and you use your iPad to connect to the internet, thus no need to buy the 3G version and pay for the monthly bill.
    Sure, you can do that.. but in the end you're still paying a monthly bill, one much higher than the $30/month, are you not? :P

For those of us without an iPhone, maybe even having this be our first or only Apple Touch-based device, (at the moment, at least), the wireless and monthly fee is an incredible deal. Once we can get Skype and other VoIP services working on the iPad, combine it with some Google Voice and Gizmo (which there are already many, many guides for around the internet solely for the iPhone), and wrap it all together with a bluetooth headset/earphones w/ microphone, this will be a pretty slick $30/month unlimited internet & voice device.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Well...that's my consolation for it not having arrived in the UK yet....by the time it gets here and I get one, all the glitches would hopefully have been sorted out
    I would like to believe the same thing ... but Apple never fix issues like these that quickly, unfortunately, and the ones which will be sold in the UK are almost definitely already manufactured / being manufactured and will have all the same issues. Unless this is software related of course, but I doubt that.

That's why you never buy first gen models

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_7318 View Post
    That's why you never buy first gen models
    Apple is the only company I am willing to buy first gen from. Most companies say "too bad" when you've got issues, but Apple has always stood behind their stuff. Ipod, AppleTV, Time Capsule, etc. No matter what I've adopted early, whatever problems may present themselves, they've always taken care of them with quick patches or swap outs.
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 04-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Apple is the only company I am willing to buy first gen from. Most companies say "too bad" when you've got issues, but Apple has always stood behind their stuff. Ipod, AppleTV, Time Capsule, etc. No matter what I've adopted early, whatever problems may present themselves, they've always taken care of them with quick patches or swap outs.
    Yeah well, i'm still having wifi issues with my iPhone...when's that going to get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Yeah well, i'm still having wifi issues with my iPhone...when's that going to get fixed?
    You've taken it into an Apple Store and they've said "too bad"?

Never once been my experience.

i have no idea what this argument was about, but i'm in love with my new sig.

Wired just did a whole article on the confusion of the battery charging.

Here is the short version:

Older, USB 2.0 ports deliver 0.5 amp, which is only enough to charge the iPad when it’s off. Newer machines that feature USB ports conforming to Battery Charging v1.1 standards, and the iPad’s own power outlet, have enough power that the iPad can draw the full 1.5 amps it needs to recharge the battery while it’s running, according to the USB Implementers Forum.

Source: Apple’s iPad Power Needs Cause Confusion | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Melech is not a "12 year old". He does hardware repairs. He will help you with hardware repairs and owns a apple repair shop I believe.

But besides the point please keep it civil in here and stay near topic.
    He clearly has no clue what he is talking about.

I am very confused as to how that makes him right?

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Oh the beauty of Internet insults.
    You certainly made yourself out to be...

Whats the name of your repair shop, I want to report you to apple for spreading false information that is clearly stated otherwise on their site.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-07-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast