Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Sees Battery Charging and Wi-Fi Connection Glitches

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Ummm, the device is not meant to charge through USB....only through the wall adapter.
    Then why does bit charge when you plug it in if it's not meant for that? And I've had no problemsnwith my iPad yet. I ooze this thing

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm, the device is not meant to charge through USB....only through the wall adapter.
    Yep, it cant be charged with your computer, just the outlet.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Do some research people. The iPad will charge while in use on a high powered USB port (2007 macs or later) and some PCs. It will charge on a regular USB port only when in sleep mode but very slowly. When you turn the screen on it will show "not charging".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

danfarmer (04-05-2010)

Thanks

Alright I was going to say I h ave mine plugged into my MacBook right n ow and it is charging

Im not having issues with my wifi however Im experiencing issues deleting my photos off my ipad have to sync it with iTunes to delete some of them

Thanks

That's because you can't delete photos that were uploaded from your computer same on iPhone and iPod touch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

ZLG (04-05-2010)

Ummmmm, funny how it is charging off USB now. Ipad is charging, I had it plugged in usb while d-loading stuff from itunes store, and it went from 87% to now 96%. Check your sources bro!

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wifi and usb power
    No problems on this end.
    For people with windows xp and up, go to device manager. Down at the bottom of the list you will see "Universal Serial Bus controllers" Press the + Now you will see a list of usb stuff. Usually at the bottom there are a few USB Root Hubs (check them all). Double click on one of them, a screen should pop up. Select "Power" It should show you the mA of the usb devices hooked up, some might be at 98 mA or around there. On the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver it should say 500 mA. Depending on your computer and setup or the watt sucking iPad it might go over this 500mA limit. Charging my 3gs and it says 450mA. Ipad shows 500mA. Depending on how many usb ports you have you might have to try them all till you find the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver port. Make sure you use the external charger and give it a nice full charge before trying to use USB power.

On the Wifi, check your router and maybe take it out of auto mode in the wireless settings. In my neighborhood there are a few wifi setups. I used my iPhone with WiFiFoFum to check things out.
    Seems a lot of default setups put you on channel 11, I saw 5 wifi setups on that channel. Pick a different channel and see if that helps out. Im using the WRT350N and it does B,G and N. I set it up for 40mhz wideband ch-5 and channel 3 for the standard ch. , and using a basic 64bit wep key. Hope this helps out.
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 04-05-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Black hole dust

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMOSlabs For This Useful Post:

danfarmer (04-05-2010), iPhone3G[S] (04-05-2010)

Oddly enough, I'm not having this problem but ever since I added a dual band airport extreme to my WDS i've had similar problems with my iPhone.

Meh, my 3GS has had wifi issues for ages. At times it's better to use 3G. My wifis 3G has better wifi reception and we both are like 10 feet away from our router.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    Thus far I've had no issues with Wifi or charging. In fact, this little beast has been a gem.

32 MB version, obvious not the 3G model.
    The same here. No issues what so ever.

Yeah my WiFi was stuck at 1.5 Mbps down 4 up. I played around with my router and disabled the Qos and it worked with 15 down 4 up. The thing is, it still os glitchy at points. So IDK. BTW, it worked perfectly on a friends router :/

haha
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

there is an error though. When I wake-up(?) i-pad, i get a "no-charge" message, but it IS charging..

Using an Airport Extreme and I have not had any issues thus far with it...

I've been using the iPad with full backlight for 3 hours and have 63% battery with the initial charge it came with...

So no issues so far
    "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
    - Steve Jobs

no problems with my time capsule dual band

Quote Originally Posted by danfarmer View Post
    Ummmmm, funny how it is charging off USB now. Ipad is charging, I had it plugged in usb while d-loading stuff from itunes store, and it went from 87% to now 96%. Check your sources bro!
    My source is Apple. Feel free to give them a call yourself. I have very close connections with apple and this is realistic information.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPad will charge via USB unless your USB port doesn't supply enough power to do so... However, it should while in standby mode. Unfortunately you wont have the satisfaction of seeing the charging icon, since the device will be sleeping when it's charging.

Charges great on my mbp's USB ports while in use but not on my old school white iMac (while in use).

Here's the official documentation so nobody else says, "But look! It charges fine on my (insert computer make and model here)."

iPad: Charging the battery

"Charging Tips
    The fastest way to charge your iPad is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter. When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge, but only when it's in sleep mode. Make sure your computer is on while charging iPad via USB. If iPad is connected to a computer thatís turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPad battery will continue to drain."
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

22. The Following User Says Thank You to blkeagle1 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-06-2010)

My source is Apple. Feel free to give them a call yourself. I have very close connections with apple and this is realistic information.
    just check other posts. Apple or who-ever your source was wrong. I AM CHARGING IPAD WITH USB. Proof is in the pudding!
    I'm a violent computer geek!

No problems here with wifi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast