+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Estimated 700,000 iPads Sold Saturday

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
On Saturday, the iPad didn't hit the ground running. It apparently hit the ground traveling at warp speed. If estimates from the good people at Piper Jaffray are to be
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default An Estimated 700,000 iPads Sold Saturday

On Saturday, the iPad didn't hit the ground running. It apparently hit the ground traveling at warp speed. If estimates from the good people at Piper Jaffray are to be believed, Apple sold somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000 iPads yesterday. This figure, of course, takes into consider both devices purchased yesterday and those pre-ordered during the previous three weeks.

With the overwhelming initial response to the iPad proving substantially positive, some believe the iPad could reach one million units sold by the end of April. That would significantly outpace the rate at which the iPhone reached one million units sold. By comparison, it took the iPhone 74 days to reach that magnificent milestone. And while, ultimately, it could take the iPad just as long (if not longer) to do the same, most believe the positive word of mouth and incessant media coverage could put the iPad past the one million threshold within sixty days from the initial pre-order date of March 12th.

It goes without saying, however, that the bulk of those sales resulted from pre-orders. The Wall Street Journal, in fact, chronicled that while many Apple stores saw significant foot traffic and long lines, many other outlets did not witness even a remote spike in consumer interest on launch day. The WSJ, for example, reported that the atmosphere was largely "muted" at the Apple store at the Dallas Northpark Mall.

Saturday's roll out of the tablet was, of course, restricted to Wi-Fi models only. The 3G models won't be introduced to consumers until later this month. Their arrival will likely serve as the catalyst for the iPad reaching the one million units sold mark - a feat that in all probability will require the full scope of iPad models to be available, and not just in the US but also around the world.

Image via The Wall Street Journal

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

wow that is crazy.
    i was just saying in another post how I was surprised to see here in la jolla, ca, that there were still a all types of iPads in stock when I walked in at 2:00pm.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (04-04-2010)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Unbelievable ! I'm soooo Jealous of all you iPad owners! And, I'm super excited not to see all the people on this forum who are upset about overpaying for their iPod, I mean miniature iPad, running their mouth.

I wonder how long it will take for iPad to actually be a word, and auto-correct itself while I'm typing.... Just a thought.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 04-04-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Last edited by Kroo; 04-04-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks

wow these estimates are varying wildly .. will be great once some official figures are out.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's been worth every penny!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All of a sudden my iPhone seems unbearably small to read to after spending the day with the iPad.

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Sheep behhh behhh behhh

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Once the hype dissipates the iPad will fizzle. If I needed a new portable computer and had enough to purchase:

1. macbook @ $999
    2. iPad @ $499
    3. netbook @ $299

I would get the netbook and install OSX86 / Hackintosh. Not only is the netbook much cheaper... it is a fully useable computer with absolutely no restrictions (other than no disk drive). And it can basically install a retail version of OSX 10.6!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (04-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I walked in to my local Apple store at 7:00pm and had my choice of a 16Gb or 64GB the 32GB were sold out. I pre ordered a 64GB 3G but I couldn't wait. I'm pretty much renting this iPad for $50 bucks cause I am returning it on April 17 so I get all my money back except for $50 bucks. I had to try it out so two weeks for 50 bucks is well worth it to me. I'm glad I did cause it's pretty sweet.
    Last edited by vindutch; 04-04-2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Mis spelling

Thanks

I was sitting up thinking that i pretty much dont want to carry my macbook around with all my movies and pictures on it, so I could see having this iPad to have my movies and pictures with me to share with family and friends. For this reason, I could see a bridge-use for it and my iphone. btw I don't like handing my iphone to people with the thought they may drop it.

Thanks

Holy ****! I want one now!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Once the hype dissipates the iPad will fizzle. If I needed a new portable computer and had enough to purchase:

1. macbook @ $999
    2. iPad @ $499
    3. netbook @ $299

I would get the netbook and install OSX86 / Hackintosh. Not only is the netbook much cheaper... it is a fully useable computer with absolutely no restrictions (other than no disk drive). And it can basically install a retail version of OSX 10.6!
    thats what I do... take the apple software and install on pcs.....i'll just wait to buy an ipad off the street....hhahahaahahaha....

ok Confirmed with apple about the RAM space on the ipad... Its 1gb of ram...

Just so everyone is clear...Apple isnt the first company to come out with a tablet... All of you forget about Toshiba having this a long time before Apple copied...
    Last edited by Vathgol; 04-04-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

speaking of stupid rich white kids

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

lol
    btw, lolcats, how did the people react when you where outside giving theme blue lego bricks?
    lol
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

The battery on the iPad is amazing! I used it for several hours yesterday and this morning and I am at 94%

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    lol
    btw, lolcats, how did the people react when you where outside giving theme blue lego bricks?
    lol
    got some thrown back at me, but i couldn't get any security to chase after me, so there was nothing to tape.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The battery on the iPad is amazing! I used it for several hours yesterday and this morning and I am at 94%
    have you bought any books yet?
    Last edited by lolcats1; 04-04-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    that's amazing indeed!!!
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

I hope they flood the market with these things, that just means more will be for sale used and help drive the price down.... A little

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post

have you bought any books yet?
    Actually I did. I read my son winnie the pooh last night. It really works great for story time.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast