+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Unboxing

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Our full review should be up within 24 hours, but we didn't want to leave you guys hanging with no images from our end. We've got a few of them
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default iPad Unboxing
    Our full review should be up within 24 hours, but we didn't want to leave you guys hanging with no images from our end. We've got a few of them lying around, and a few more on the way when the 3G ones ship.

In Apple's famous packaging style, once opened you see the iPad, and only the iPad. Underneath is simple white cardboard with a pull tab to get to the USB cable and power adapter.

The iPad's screen is larger than I thought it would be once I'm seeing it - here's a couple photos of it next to a MacBook Air and a 15" MacBook Pro.

And a few more for you to gain a perspective of the size and look of it.

As a first perspective - you have to get used to it being it's own thing, not a large iPhone, in order to really get it. Again, we'll post up a full review this evening most likely, if not first thing tomorrow after using it a while, but it's most definitely more laptop than it is iPhone/iPod. There are marked differences between a laptop, a smart phone, and the iPad - it really is a new genre, closer to a netbook, but for a whole different user.

We'll elaborate further later, just wanted to whet everyone's appetites that hadn't got an iPad yet.

Oh - the thing DOES feel perfect though. Weight, size - it's very "holdable."

Folks who got one - what's your thoughts?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

cocotherat (04-05-2010), coloradoxmfan (04-03-2010), cpjr (04-03-2010), lirubinoff (04-04-2010), Maarten16 (04-03-2010)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I'll take one of the extras

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

lirubinoff (04-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

most beautimus maximus. So envious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

lirubinoff (04-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I got one and I really have enjoyed using it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

lirubinoff (04-04-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm typing this reply on my iPad and I think it's great. I haven't put it down since I got it about eight hours ago. I'm really surprised how long the battery life is as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

nice

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll have mine in 11 days...... Does it have a time machine app so it will be 11 days for now, now????

Thanks

Lucky
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

getting mine on friday

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got mine today and been playing with it all day. I am so impress with everything that it can do. The keyboard is flawless!!!!!!! This thing will change everything.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am still waitin on mine ordered the 32gb 3g one...damn crapple doest even have a date yet, but on the positive side they did ship my case yesterday lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Change everything? I don't think so.
    Basically it is between iTouch and a netbook. Not quite as good as a netbook but it is better than iTouch (since it does not make calls). Good thing I did not spend extra $200 to get the 64GB version, gonna get rid of this thing ASAP.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    most beautimus maximus. So envious.
    loll beautimus maximus hahhahah beautimbily bee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my iPad Wifi model 64 GB one. I am very displeased about it. First of all it is like an oversized iTouch. Non other the less. An iPad can't even have Adobe Flash Player. Apple claims its "too buggy" for the iPads then it automatically means that Apple is either too lazy to make the iPads fast enough to run Flash Player or they're just dumb enough to not make it work well with Flash player.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Awesome!
    I've been playing mine the whole day and it is exceptionally functional. The battery lasted me the whole day, more than ten hours at least. The iPhone apps works fine, netflix works terrific. The quality of the video was superb when I watched an instant movie. Typing was quite easy and comfortable. In general i would rate it a nine if the highest is ten. The response of the touch user interface is as they say, wickedly fast. CHAO!

Thanks

I've been really loving the web browsing experience and the keyboard is getting a lot easier to type on. It's funny to say but it actually breathes new life into written media... I've been reading the blogs, news, gossip all day. YouTube videos integrate nicely as well. I think this will in fact revolutionize the industry. I have a MacBook. But find this to be much more fun and interactive. Can't explain it. You just need to try it yourself. Not the same as a a iPhone or iPod touch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i got mine today too im suprised that some quick time vids work and vimeo works tooo all we need is flash

Thanks

god. i should have pre_ordered
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    god. i should have pre_ordered
    im surprised. here in la jolla (san diego), california there were still plenty models when i walked in at about 2:00pm.

my thoughts: really quick and noticeably faster than an iPhone (obviously, and thank god). Its very smooth and the new iPhone OS on the iPad is really nice. plenty of new options that should have been there in the beginning; like rotating the entire home screen springboard, setting a separate background for the lock screen and the home screen, slideshow button at lock screen, etc... just all these little tweaks that really make it nicer.

but for us iPhone owners, I wouldn't be surprised if you were soon enough bored of it because of the similar interface.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Basil90 View Post
    I got my iPad Wifi model 64 GB one. I am very displeased about it. First of all it is like an oversized iTouch. Non other the less. An iPad can't even have Adobe Flash Player. Apple claims its "too buggy" for the iPads then it automatically means that Apple is either too lazy to make the iPads fast enough to run Flash Player or they're just dumb enough to not make it work well with Flash player.
    Shut up, stoopid.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Change everything? I don't think so.
    Basically it is between iTouch and a netbook. Not quite as good as a netbook but it is better than iTouch (since it does not make calls). Good thing I did not spend extra $200 to get the 64GB version, gonna get rid of this thing ASAP.
    Why buy it then? You must have known EXACTLY what it could do and couldn't do before you bought it.
    Last edited by redcard; 04-04-2010 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie