Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Unboxing

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant wait to get my ipad. i think i am going to wait until there is a jailbreak of some kind...

I played with one at my local BB, and I was surprised at how heavy it was. It's pretty light for it's size but it's way too heavy to be holding with just your hands for an extended amount of time. The app feature that runs iPhone/iPod apps at double size looks absolutely terrible. Horrible. I can't believe Apple was stupid enough to say that it works great. It works, but so does VD. Same with all navigation inputs being at the top of mobile safari on something you use with your hands at the bottom. How stupid a design decision is that?? Apple's design is suffering in their efforts to suck as much cash as humanly possible from their customers. Look at SL, full of bugs.

I couldn't test out alot of things because the display models had crap on them and nothing useful, but I did notice that pages and keynote were very frustrating to use. In keynote the keyboard would disappear every single time I touched the screen, and pages HAS to be in portrait otherwise it seems the options and menus won't show up. I gave up after five minutes with each app and definitely won't ever use them on the crippled interface that is the iPad.

Other than those things I wasn't really wanting one per se. If the next iPhone isn't on more than one carrier or a supremely badass update, I might have to get one just to have something that will keep all my investments in the App Store from being wasted. And it really sucks that I've bought into a product line that there isn't another avenue to use on any other hardware. I want one kinda, but at the asking price it's almost laughable to pay that much money for so little storage and that 1 inch bezel. The bezel is HIDEOUS.

I do like that it can be a picture frame though. That way when you aren't using it for anything because you have a laptop at least it does something useful instead of sitting unused. Maybe when I see one that doesn't have anything other than extremely ugly and pixelated crappy apps I'll give it another look. From what I've seen it's just another way Apple has come up with to sucker more people to buy into their walled, totalitarian garden.

^ go away.

Sent from my awesome iPad.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddie. View Post
    ^ go away.

Sent from my awesome iPad.
    lmao

I vote best first post ever!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    lmao

I vote best first post ever!
    Haha thanks man

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromcr View Post
    i cant wait to get my ipad. i think i am going to wait until there is a jailbreak of some kind...

so then you can wait?

I love how everyone just hates on the people who don't like it.

Seriously you have to accept opinions that go against yours.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post

It's just as ridiculous to hate on a product hard core just because it doesn't appeal to your personal needs.

Thanks

give KartRacer a break! all points of view are valid and he didnt mention flash like all the haters. @eddie "i shake my head" u muppet

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't even get earphones with it! Now you'll have to pay even more for all the add ons...suckers.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post

its not as much as hating people who dislike it, its that people who have their opinions on it should just understand that its ur opinion and not everyone is gonna feel about it as u...so if u dislike the "giant iPod touch" then fine, hate on it because it doesnt suite your life...as for me it benefits me...what people hate is that even tho u hate it, people give their opinions and why they think its great for them and instead of respecting their opinion , they bash them saying the usual "its a big ipt" line or "no flash" or "a laptop is better"...remember..this device was never categorized as a laptop nor a phone...its an in between device..thats all...not meant to replace anything but add to it...

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    You don't even get earphones with it! Now you'll have to pay even more for all the add ons...suckers.
    as far as the no headphones, i feel you on that one...although i already own headphones, others dont and it sure would have been a benefit...i think apple want really trying to target that field, more or less they wanted to target kindle lovers and an easy way to watch movies..
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-04-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Why buy it then? You must have known EXACTLY what it could do and couldn't do before you bought it.
    Company bought it, used the company credit card.
    I survey all new tech to see if it will work for the company, thus why I have bunch of cellphones (Apple, Blackberry, Palm) as well as notebook.
    I would not recommend this to anybody in my office, they can play around with it but doubt any of them will see any benifit for them.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-05-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am ordering 6 for my employees. It's worth twice the price

Thanks

^you think that's bad, I just bought an FN 5.7.
    Freakin thing cost almost $900 and it didn't even come with bullets, man did I get ripped off.

Even worse, last week I bought a new RC plane. The stupid thing cost almost $300 bucks, and guess what, it wasn't even assembled, belive it or not, didn't come with gas!!!

In case your not picking up on what I an trying to say, You are retarded, stop worrying what other people spend their money on.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Basil90 View Post
    I got my iPad Wifi model 64 GB one. I am very displeased about it. First of all it is like an oversized iTouch. Non other the less. An iPad can't even have Adobe Flash Player. Apple claims its "too buggy" for the iPads then it automatically means that Apple is either too lazy to make the iPads fast enough to run Flash Player or they're just dumb enough to not make it work well with Flash player.
    Next time google it before you buy it... everybody knew that since a long time ago. But I bought it and I love it.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

I want to know if all the People that dont like it have a netbook?

Cause All the net books that i Have tried feel like cheap "I couldn't afford a real laptop" feel to them"

Another thing that is funny to me is that alot of people complain about the Lack of flash (which im not saying isnt a crappy thing) but at the sametime the same people are saying how you cant do anything important on it...

So Which one is it ... Is it cause it lacks features or cause its not a laptop?

For me in the work field and at home the ipad was welcomed with open arms. why?

Cause All it is doing is taking something that already works and has been proven To Work good and bringing it to another scale.

This makes being part of the digital age more appealing to alot of people.

People like us that are on these sites and forums they already sold to. now its time that they get the net and all its glory that it brings into the hands of people that were too turned off by normal computing standards

yes it lacks features... but then again what product do you know doesn't lack features when its first introduced ?

iphone first lacked MMS !! out of all things .. yet people still bought it ..

and now its the same thing with flash ... and yet flash after 3 years is still not on the iphone .. and yet its the number one selling phone in the states...

yes people are allowed to have an opinion but saying that they whole product is garbage is far fetch.

its not going to End world hunger but it will let you enjoy your investment if you were looking for something new that works and is fun at the sametime.

If its a laptop you want then get a laptop.. net books like steve jobs said perfectly in my eyes "are cheap laptops with crappy software on them"

Even if you buy a netbook its going to be lacking features that a laptop has ... and a laptop will lack something that a desktop has .. .

There is something out there for everything you could ever want to do. maybe you just need to give it a chance..

The way I look at it is like this ..

Iphone I take with me Everywhere cause its my phone..

Laptop Comes with me when I Have to work on the go and im on vacation ..

ipad is Everywhere in my house when I want to jump on the net and do some simple tasks like email internet and chat with friends.

Time and place for everything.

Thanks

I was really considering getting this a couple months ago, but I couldn't wait any longer and ended up getting a 13" mbp instead. Maybe when the 3g comes out, I'll get one.
    useful? hit the thanks button!

It's a VERY nice product! I love the texture and clean look of it! Everyone says that it's just a really big iPod, but it's not. It does so much more, it is in a way, like a laptop. People complain about it not having a camera, but the iPod Touch and the Kindle don't have one either. Stop complaining! It is a wondrous device, and deserves some praise!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

I got my iPad Wifi model 64 GB one. I am very displeased about it. First of all it is like an oversized iTouch. Non other the less. An iPad can't even have Adobe Flash Player. Apple claims its "too buggy" for the iPads then it automatically means that Apple is either too lazy to make the iPads fast enough to run Flash Player or they're just dumb enough to not make it work well with Flash player.
    I loves me some trolls with only a single post bashing a product with their god awful english abilities......always fun.

That's kind of on you because it was well documented that it had no Flash and you couldve seen that it looked like an oversized iTouch. Now if you'd like to sell it to me for a fraction of the price you paid, I'm ready to make an offer! haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast