+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Insurance Covers Vandalism, But Not Nuclear War

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by ecd5000 wrong i agree with death by bunnies. if it was there money maybe they would know the value of a dollar(which isnt much these days) and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    wrong i agree with death by bunnies. if it was there money maybe they would know the value of a dollar(which isnt much these days) and not do something so totally awesome which proves the point that there probably a bunch of pimple popping san fernando california valley kids with there parents bulging bank accounts to further there meth abuse. there money or not you gotta be phucking retarted to drop $500 on something that will not make it out of the parking lot!
    i am sorry i didn't realize i was talking to a bunch of people that know everything about everyone, i am truly sorry
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 04-04-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javilam View Post
    I support this guy, throw some to me too
    yup throw some my way also =P

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

SOOOO Jokess! id totally do that with my friends.

Banned
    Thanks

I LOVE THIS VIDEO...... I LOVE IT... I LOVE IT......I LOVE IT......Warning message to all IPAD owners...LOL!!!

I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    wow it was cool to see this when the ps3 came out and they smashed it in front of hundreds of people and they all started to cry but when you result in smashing an item in front of no one and have a best buy employee " in on it " you've sunk to a new low. BE ASHAMED

wrong i agree with death by bunnies. if it was there money maybe they would know the value of a dollar(which isnt much these days) and not do something so totally awesome which proves the point that there probably a bunch of pimple popping san fernando california valley kids with there parents bulging bank accounts to further there meth abuse. there money or not you gotta be phucking retarted to drop $500 on something that will not make it out of the parking lot!
    so basically you're saying they are stupid for WASTING their money......what do you think the rest of you IPAD buyers did!!! LOL!! this video is the same thing just expressing the overpriced crap APPLE has released

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    I dont understand why someone would do something like this.

The only thing that went through my mind while watching that video Was all the people that wish they could Get one but dont have enough money.

This to me is like the same effect as someone throwing away food for no reason.

You have to stop and think about all the people that really can not afford an iPad (just lost a job or whatever)

Then again guys this is the internet and it Caters to genius's as well as morons.
    why is it that ppl that talk bad about the ipad ALL cant afford one?? is that the excuse Apple told all of you fan boys to say??

its not about affording the ipad.... its about whats cost effective.. and the ipad is surely NOT cost effective when I can carry a netbook with OSX on it, have more memory than this ipad.... more storage if needed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Look at it this way:
    The more iPads bought, the lower the price will become. (iPhones were $500, now only $49 ;D) So these kids are actually helping you get your hands on one!
    thats a good way of looking at it.... so the same ppl can tell the smart ppl that they have an ipad by being smart and buying for less

Quote Originally Posted by T40mas View Post
    mmmmmmmm thats 500$ that could have gone to curing lukemia I mean come on u could have at least given it to me
    REALLY??? so its wrong for them to smash the ipad... but the other ppl waste money by buying the over priced ipad and yet no one says anything about it.....

THIS ViDEO ROCKS...posting to my facebook page
    Last edited by Vathgol; 04-04-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vathgol For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (04-04-2010)

Thanks

This video would have been hilarious if after they finished smashing the ipad a large truck came speeding through and crushed them to death

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
    Wow! what a freaking bunch of degenerates! Geez, these guys are nothing better than the scum of terrorists that our country is trying to get rid of. Wish we could round up some of these genetic mishaps of our society, send them over to the sandbox, and have our fine young troops defending all of our good values and have target practice on them... Whatever, trailer trash will always be a part of our culture...too bad...
    troops defending ...good values...... what does troops and ipads have to do with what the US gave to us ......"freedom of speech"....

so before you quote troops and some off the wall garbage, remember your constitutional rights... if they wanted to smash and beat up the ipad bc I would have done the same thing, then they can do that....

like i said.... just look for the ipad to be sold on the streets.... street value is about $200.....

Thanks

Wearing sweatpants- that pretty much says it all

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, hope this wasn't one of the groups that I donated to their "Chip-In" LMAO!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    I dont understand why someone would do something like this.

The only thing that went through my mind while watching that video Was all the people that wish they could Get one but dont have enough money.

This to me is like the same effect as someone throwing away food for no reason.

You have to stop and think about all the people that really can not afford an iPad (just lost a job or whatever)

Then again guys this is the internet and it Caters to genius's as well as morons.
    only an apple fanboy would compare destroying an ipad to food, can you eat the ipad? food is a bit higher up on the necessity chain than the ipad even though it may not seem like it to you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunerfreak For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (04-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I guess his point is that it's wasteful. I don't really care. I love the fact that someone has the extra money to buy something and either not use it or destroy it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

that guy is so stupid...

Thanks

If these morons feel like smashing an ipad (as long as it was purchased with their money), that's their prerogative...just goes to butress the fact that it's easier to destroy than it is to create...as much as I want one, I'll do my very best to hold out till the next gen is released...possibly much faster, with a camera, and hopefully by then the OS would've become better at content creation as well
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 04-04-2010 at 10:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    I don't know if this is the same bunch of guys but I know where was a group for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 they had websites up with a donation tracker and people would donate for these idiots to stay up all night on launch night, buy the new console then destroy it in front of the store. I highly doubt ANY of the money used to purchase that iPad was their own. Still idiots though.
    Well its not the same people.

Now I can't be sure what was going through their minds but I can say what would be going through mine if I was the one smashing an ipad. Smashing the ipad symbolizes rejecting the consumer mind set that has enslaved us. It also symbolizes how dumb the ipad really is after a long look its just a big ipod touch and isn't worth the price tag for $700 you can buy a laptop with 3G support with a core 2 duo processor (which rapes the hell out of the ipads o so special 1GHz processor that has to run graphics and calculations... I really don't know what apple was thinking they tried to make the processor seem powerful when in reality its cheap and of low quality) that can do everything and more than the ipad.

Apple states the ipad is the between of an ipod and a laptop and that it can do things the ipod can do better than an ipod and things a laptop can do better than a laptop but this is just a bold face lie it can do things an ipod can do only as well as an ipod because guess what it is an ipod and it can't do anything a laptop can do better than a laptop. People will buy the ipad and think it makes them look cool but when someone sits down next to them with a laptop with an i3,5,7 CPU a much larger screen and much faster processing speeds and starts browsing the Internet, playing games,... listening to music! etc. etc. etc. the person who bought the ipad will realize how much of a mistake it was. Then the guy with the laptop will drop is receipt for $700 (you can get an i3 laptop for around $800) the ipad guy will pick it up and notice its a laptop with 3G he will ask the guy how he likes his AT&T 3G and the guy will laugh and say what? AT&T please I'm on (insert better phone company here).

Thanks

Sorry that you don't get it but the iPad is awesome. You really must try it before talking so much bs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Well its not the same people.

Now I can't be sure what was going through their minds but I can say what would be going through mine if I was the one smashing an ipad. Smashing the ipad symbolizes rejecting the consumer mind set that has enslaved us. It also symbolizes how dumb the ipad really is after a long look its just a big ipod touch and isn't worth the price tag for $700 you can buy a laptop with 3G support with a core 2 duo processor (which rapes the hell out of the ipads o so special 1GHz processor that has to run graphics and calculations... I really don't know what apple was thinking they tried to make the processor seem powerful when in reality its cheap and of low quality) that can do everything and more than the ipad.

Apple states the ipad is the between of an ipod and a laptop and that it can do things the ipod can do better than an ipod and things a laptop can do better than a laptop but this is just a bold face lie it can do things an ipod can do only as well as an ipod because guess what it is an ipod and it can't do anything a laptop can do better than a laptop. People will buy the ipad and think it makes them look cool but when someone sits down next to them with a laptop with an i3,5,7 CPU a much larger screen and much faster processing speeds and starts browsing the Internet, playing games,... listening to music! etc. etc. etc. the person who bought the ipad will realize how much of a mistake it was. Then the guy with the laptop will drop is receipt for $700 (you can get an i3 laptop for around $800) the ipad guy will pick it up and notice its a laptop with 3G he will ask the guy how he likes his AT&T 3G and the guy will laugh and say what? AT&T please I'm on (insert better phone company here).

Have you even tried one? I doubt it cos I think you'll really have a different point of view if and when you do...Not that I've tried one though (it's not in the UK yet), but I think it's awesome...from all the videos I'veseen of it!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 04-04-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Sorry that you don't get it but the iPad is awesome. You really must try it before talking so much bs
    I try it and it was just not worth it, i just think its a big ipod touch,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk283 View Post
    I try it and it was just not worth it, i just think its a big ipod touch,
    Fair enough

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

That's exactly what it is. People who want the ipad are blind to the reality that a laptop for roughly the same price is worth much more than the ipad can do much more than the ipad and just outdoes the ipad in every aspect.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Have you even tried one? I doubt it cos I think you'll really have a different point of view if and when you do...Not that I've tried one though (it's not in the UK yet), but I think it's awesome...from all the videos I'veseen of it!
    even though his post is incredibly hard to read riku98523 is 100% correct, i bet you cant even give me one thing that makes the ipad a better choice than a netbook or cheap laptop. you dont have to try it to know what it can do going by your basis of "watching video's of it". besides you tried an ipod well the ipad just has a bigger screen

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

What a sad video I have spent most of my life repairing electronic stuff. Seeing anything electronic destroyed brings a tear to my eye. Excluding of course shooting old tvs, and crts with a 12 gauge You have to do it just right to get a good implosion As some one wrote before, "its so much easier to destroy than to create"
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 04-04-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: oi812